• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

Ben on the left is how he looked at the beginning of last year (coming off of shooting Live By Night). Botox and alcohol are not a good combo.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Full image...

1NcWGGV.jpg

dude must be active on forums or some shit, you don't post something like that without experience.

The power of joss whedon behind the camera. Already making this movie look worse visually

And yeah I dunno why they let Ben shave for the reshoots. So stupid. And that botox job. Yikes

If they're investing in moustache tech for Cavill, might as well use some of the Disney or Tom Cruise digital makeup tech for Affleck to level out the scenes.

I'm sure he'll get in good shape for the next Batman or The Accountant sequel. Whatever happens first.

Momoa had the easiest job going from Aquaman production to do JL reshoots. And Ezra Miller kept up his routine.

Skunkers

He's supposedly a huge WoW guy, so I wouldn't be shocked at all to see that he's a member on any crazy forums.

IIRC, there was an interview around the time of Man of Steel where he said he posts on superhero forums and such discussing Superman, but he doesn't reveal who he is.

Ushay

I legit thought Cavill was a drab actor till I saw Man from U.N.C.L.E and realized, "HOLY SHIT, this man has charisma! "

Indeed, Superman is in dire need of humour and charisma to balance off Batman like the comics. Hoping Whedon get's in on this action for the reshoots.

jonezer4

That's so fucking weird that WB is going to have to spend tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars to digitally remove his mustache instead of just having him shave and don what would certainly be a couple-hundred dollar, indistinguishable fake 'stache on MI6.

But I guess if I was Paramount, I'd probably say fuck 'em too.

strafer

Such a nerd.

He likes nothing better, he says, than to throw a group email out to his brothers, and spend an evening in, playing computer games online with them. "But I haven't played them in a while," he says glumly. "They've been busy. So I've been playing a lot of the single player games, like Skyrim. Goodness me, that's a great game."

It stems, he says, from his dad getting all his brothers into computers when they were young. He remembers they had five PCs lined up next to each other on the dining room table, "and we'd all play network games together, which, as you can imagine, my mother was overjoyed about".

When Snyder called to offer him the role of Superman, he says, he was in the middle of a session of online fantasy role-play game

World Of Warcraft. "And I saw it was him [calling], but the thing is, you can't save World Of Warcraft, you can't pause it. It's live."

NJSlay

Banned
Have you tried any comic books?

Only time I ever really read any Superman was back in the 90s when the whole Death of Superman thing happened. I tried following it up after that when he came back as all those different peeps but I lost interest pretty quickly and went back to reading X-Men and such.

Only time I ever really read any Superman was back in the 90s when the whole Death of Superman thing happened. I tried following it up after that when he came back as all those different peeps but I lost interest pretty quickly and went back to reading X-Men and such.

So it was the first time you gave a crap about Superman but your sample size was one comic book story and maybe a couple of other movies/TV shows? That doesn't really mean much then.

Dead

well not really...yet
This was pretty jarring from the latest trailer. I noticed it right away. The lighting is also awful in the shot on the left.
lol

Gonna be jarring seeing Whedons scenes juxtaposed with Snyders. Same color timing for continuity, but the framing, etc is going to look like fucking amateur hour in comparison 😕

lol

Gonna be jarring seeing Whedons scenes juxtaposed with Snyders. Same color timing for continuity, but the framing, etc is going to look like fucking amateur hour in comparison 😕

Armchair directors are going to be claiming they can tell which scenes Whedon directed on forums everywhere

PowderedToast

lol

i doubt you'll really be able to tell. whedon's job will be to ape snyder as the house style, if I had to guess he would just defer more to the DP than usual, who has shot for the entire production and will already have decided how to shoot and stage interactions

the film doesn't look anything like the last two DC snyder's anyway. the DP is from game of thrones, so...I'll let someone else take that joke

Dead

well not really...yet
MoS and BvS had different DPs too. Snyder's look is unmistakable regardless of the DP.

I'm sure Whedon will try his hardest, but the gulf between them is large enough that the difference will still be apparent I think.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I know you are a poster here, Cavill reveal yourself. That's how this works. That's the law.

Wait, but BvS was 2:35 (or 2:40 or whatever). How come Snyder switched to 16x9 (or 1:85) for JL?

He probably felt like the taller frame would work better with the visuals called for in the script.

One of the more well known examples of this: Spielberg choosing to shoot 1.85:1 on Jurassic Park.

So maybe Justice League is going to feature a lot of settings/shots/vfx elements that are intended to stand pretty tall compared to our characters in the foreground, and that impact gets toned down a little when you use a wider frame like 2.39:1

Had such high hopes for Cavill when he finally got the Superman gig then Goyer and Snyder had to fuck it all up. It sucks that he's more Clark Kent/Superman outside of the movies than he is in them.

As for the mustache thing he probably should've had a beard in Justice League (and the mullet) to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vio

Also it feels like people are determined to not let Snyder have any success. If the movie is good or whatever, it'll all be Whedon

Snyder also did not have anything to do with the story of WW, or casting Gadot, or her costume, or fighting style etc.

They're both Justice League. Right is the original, left is the reshoot.

Seriously?! Wow. Unless they're going to tighten him up with CG it's going to seem pretty obvious which scenes he went back to re-shoot.

This was pretty jarring from the latest trailer. I noticed it right away. The lighting is also awful in the shot on the left.

Yeah, visually Snyder's two DC movies are far beyond Whedon's two Marvel movies. I wonder whether the latter will have to step up his game so that the cinematography is consistent across both of their work in the film.

The biggest thing in all of this.

Is Cavill's personality/charisma was never allowed to show in his Superman. Seriously let some of Cavill come through Superman.

Yeah, he seems like a really decent, fun guy in real life. It's a shame the character under his tenure has been so mopey.

IIRC, there was an interview around the time of Man of Steel where he said he posts on superhero forums and such discussing Superman, but he doesn't reveal who he is.

Lol. That's pretty funny.

Such a nerd.

The hunkiest nerd in the world?

MoS and BvS had different DPs too. Snyder's look is unmistakable regardless of the DP.

I'm sure Whedon will try his hardest, but the gulf between them is large enough that the difference will still be apparent I think.

Warner will make sure that the film is visually consistent though. They're not going to let another Fant4stic happen.

Snyder also did not have anything to do with the story of WW, or casting Gadot, or her costume, or fighting style etc.

I thought he had cast her? After all, she did make her debut in a film he directed and he was heading the DCCU at the time.

blakep267

^ he's being sarcastic. Jenkins gets tons of credit for WW, which she deserves. But Snyder gets zero. Even though Gal, her style etc were his idea and he had writing credit in WW

I like how they're not even trying to hide the fact that Henry Cavill is going to be in Justice League.

Seriously, what was the point of Super Man
dying
in the last movie?

J_Viper

If they're investing in moustache tech for Cavill, might as well use some of the Disney or Tom Cruise digital makeup tech for Affleck to level out the scenes.

There are scenes in Live by Night where his face is clearly touched up with CG, and it looks like he's in the Frostbite engine

They really should look into some better make up for him though. He really needs it.

Top Bottom