• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#JusticeForHan Does 'Fate of the Furious' twist betray the 'F&F' family? (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumeira

Banned
I really didn't like FF8, definitely felt off without Paul. I enjoyed the others.

Please go back to cars and drugs.

jman2050

I mean Deckard and Owen saved Dom's kid and by extension everyone else. That's kind of a big deal. So it's not like they're mostly okay with him just for no reason.

I imagine there's going to be continued animosity for what he did to Han but I didn't find the whole sequence of events particularly jarring.

norm9

I mean Deckard and Owen saved Dom's kid and by extension everyone else. That's kind of a big deal. So it's not like they're mostly okay with him just for no reason.

I imagine there's going to be continued animosity for what he did to Han but I didn't find the whole sequence of events particularly jarring.

Deckard also blew up that London hospital, the original F&F house, and almost blew up Brian, Junior, and Mia. AND he killed Han.

Deckard also blew up that London hospital, the original F&F house, and almost blew up Brian, Junior, and Mia. AND he killed Han.

I find it hard to be critical of that development but be cool with the mechanics of the last shot of the climactic sequence in F8 lol.

Fair play if you think both are wack, but this series has never trucked in logic or reason.

jman2050

Pfft, so he blew up a couple buildings, minor quibbles. Vegeta did far worse and he turned out okay.

Come to think of it that's what this series needs, dragonballs. #JusticeForHan would be meaningless if he could just be wished back.

norm9

I find it hard to be critical of that development but be cool with the mechanics of the last shot of the climactic sequence in F8 lol.

Fair play if you think both are wack, but this series has never trucked in logic or reason.

Nah, the series' physics is a bit dodgy, but the internal logic has always been solid.

I feel like this is really simple to fix.

Just show Han's death scene from another angle, where he crawls out of the window while Shaw is walking away and escapes into a manhole. So in Fast 9 he shows up with a rival crew along with Lucas Black.

Dueling families. Sounds awesome to me.

Also, I assumed that Eastwood's character was there to fill the gap that Lucas Black left when he unfortunately dropped out. Damn TV filming schedule. Could you imagine if after Tokyo Drift Black got a job with Nobody?

cdyhybrid

Deckard and Han were in on it. It was a work. Deckard had to pretend to go after the crew to get out from under Cypher. Now that they have her on the run, Han and Gisele can reveal they're still alive without putting Deckard and his brother in danger.

Han and Gisele are revealed by peeling off the mask disguises from Mission Impossible, revealing that Tom Cruise's top subordinates were working with Dom and the crew the entire time. Cruise's face-off with Dom and the crew is the start of the Fast/MI crossover universe.

Pixels

Deckard and Han were in on it. It was a work. Deckard had to pretend to go after the crew to get out from under Cypher. Now that they have her on the run, Han and Gisele can reveal they're still alive without putting Deckard and his brother in danger.

Han and Gisele are revealed by peeling off the mask disguises from Mission Impossible, revealing that Tom Cruise's top subordinates were working with Dom and the crew the entire time. Cruise's face-off with Dom and the crew is the start of the Fast/MI crossover universe.

Omg yes

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Alternately, because Universal owns both franchises, inGen researchers bring Han back from RNA samples in exchange for the FatF crew hunting down escaped dinosaurs in Jurassic Park: The Fast and the Furious. They've altered his genetic makeup so he can sense where the cloned dinos are, so Han becomes their tracker. Because they used RNA from a hair sample, he remembers everything except the events of his life in Tokyo, so Gisele's death is still fresh to him, providing his emotional arc that we never got to previously see.

The team has to round up the dinos and find out who it was who let them free in the first place.
It was Tom Cruise. :lights fuse, cue MI theme:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom