• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
One of the highlights of S4 for me was the way Boyd sets up Billy to die and the way Raylan sets up Nicky Augustine to die. The stark contrast between how each character reacts, namely Boyd walks away laughing and Raylan walks away with an uneasy look on his face. It was a great use of foreshadowing the two paths these characters are going down.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
One of the highlights of S4 for me was the way Boyd sets up Billy to die and the way Raylan sets up Nicky Augustine to die. The stark contrast between how each character reacts, namely Boyd walks away laughing and Raylan walks away with an uneasy look on his face. It was a great use of foreshadowing the two paths these characters are going down.

I recall Boyd walking out of the tent with a troubled look, not laughing. I think he genuinely didn't expect (or want) Billy to handle the snake. Shattering his confidence by revealing that the snakes were milked would have been enough for Boyd's purposes.

I recall Boyd walking out of the tent with a troubled look, not laughing. I think he genuinely didn't expect (or want) Billy to handle the snake. Shattering his confidence by revealing that the snakes were milked would have been enough for Boyd's purposes.

Yeah that is how I remember it as well. Boyd looked pretty shaken.

Yeah that is how I remember it as well. Boyd looked pretty shaken.
I just got through that scene on my rewatch and he doesn't look happy about it.

For some reason, I take some sick pleasure when Raylan screws up. Lindsey playing Raylan and stealing his money was amusing to me on some level.

For some reason, I take some sick pleasure when Raylan screws up. Lindsey playing Raylan and stealing his money was amusing to me on some level.

I usually hate it when the character I like the most screws up, but Raylan always handles it well. He's simply cool. Can't think of any other way to put it.

kirblar

I usually hate it when the character I like the most screws up, but Raylan always handles it well. He's simply cool. Can't think of any other way to put it.
Raylan's completely deserving of all the crap he gets, which is why we (as the audience) don't mind it. "If you keep running into a-holes, you're the a-hole", after all.

Raylan's completely deserving of all the crap he gets, which is why we (as the audience) don't mind it. "If you keep running into a-holes, you're the a-hole", after all.

9PGMuDs.gif

I strongly disagree with this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Saw a teaser for Justified before an airing of The Hobbit 2 tonight. It was the one with the crows in the abandoned house. Pretty cool.

Agreed. Raylan is sort of an ass and he deserves a lot of what happens to him.

FX updated their Justified website this morning. Of interest, the main cast list in order is: Raylan, Boyd, Art, Tim, Rachel, Ava, Wynn Duffy, and Darryl Crowe Jr (Rapaport.) There will be some returning guest cast members and a couple news ones this season. I think we've detailed all of those that are known so far in this thread. There's also a nice tribute to Elmore Leonard on the site.

The logline for the season premiere:
A Murder of Crowes

In the swamplands of Florida, Raylan tangles with a deadly branch of the Crowe Family Tree, while Boyd goes into the dark heart of the collapsing Detroit Mob.

The first day in the writers room. Before anything else happened, someone wrote that down on a post it note and stuck it up on the wall.
The bastards have been smirking at it for so long.
It's par for the course for this show. See: "Foot chase", "Long in the Tooth", etc...

Cetra

Just watched Seasons 1-3 on Amazon Prime only to get to Season 4 and see it's not on Amazon Instant. Any idea when or if that may happen?

Either way, really solid show. Gave me a crazy need to re-watch my Deadwood Blurays which is never a bad thing.

Just watched Seasons 1-3 on Amazon Prime only to get to Season 4 and see it's not on Amazon Instant. Any idea when or if that may happen?
Sometime in the next couple of weeks:
An Amazon spokesperson tells The Verge that its exclusive rights to Justified include all seasons past and upcoming, and that seasons one through three are available for streaming now. Season four, which is currently airing, won't be up on Prime until just before season five begins.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Winona lost me after The Following. I know Natalie Zea plays a completely different person, but holy fuck, did her character in that god awful show taint my image of Winona.

Winona lost me after The Following. I know Natalie Zea plays a completely different person in both series, but holy fuck, did her character in that god awful show tainted my image of Winona.

I'm with you on that.

That show is so offensively bad, it tainted my images of all those actors.

Well, more room for Jackie Nevada.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I already watched a series like that this year, Hemlock Grove, so I think I'll pass.

The show manages to walk above the fine line that separates "hideously terrible" from "so bad it's good". Sometimes you may laugh, but then you realize it's just a mechanism to vent your frustration instead of an actual display of joy. Every person involved in that show, from the writers to the actors, dropped the ball at every possible chance. The Following has so many head scratching situations it's hard to believe it's an expensive project with well stablished actors and a number of seasoned executives overseeing the whole thing.

It took me a lot to finish the entire season, and I only did it because I knew I couldn't live missing the massive clusterfuck the season finale was ought to be. And boy, did it met my expectations. Then I found the glory that is Hannibal.

Her hair is so pretty.

One small piece of casting news:
Actress Laura Niemi will be recurring as
“Sally,” an inmate in Harlan County Jail and will make her first appearance in episode 4 titled “Over The Mountain” airing January 28th, 2014. “Sally is a good ol' girl who will do whatever it takes to survive. Fans of the show are in for a real surprise this upcoming season,” says Niemi.

p9JDSLh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom