• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Justified ends with the main characters. No bullshit weirdo criminals, gimmicky plots like the mysterious dead pilot, or Detroit mobsters. Just Raylen vs Boyd in Harlan. I like it.

:D I'll probably start my series rewatch next month.

I probably will too!

2-arlogitsome.gif

Just Raylen vs Boyd in Harlan. I like it.

I have the feeling this will not be the case. I'm with you that that's how it should be, but I'm afraid they brought in Mary Steenburgen last season to set her up as the real big bad.

My prediction for the finale is Boyd is fighting for his life against her people, of course Raylan is involved, Boyd gets a sort-of-redemptive death at the end. Raylan lives happily ever after 'cause Timothy Olyphant is a producer on the show and has too much of an ego to let his hero lose in any way.

Can anyone remind me why Ava decided to sell Boyd out? It seemed like she was in prison and then just magically she decides for flip on Boyd.

Can anyone remind me why Ava decided to sell Boyd out? It seemed like she was in prison and then just magically she decides for flip on Boyd.

I think she just hated prison life and was afraid of what might happen to her. If I recall correctly, she kind of stopped believing in Boyd after he failed to get her free and felt like he pretty much just went on with his life while she was fighting to survive.

It was weird/jarring that she was just suddenly getting out of prison. But, it was worth it for that ending last season. Absolutely loved the final scene on the bridge.

Frog-fu

Banned

iirc he wasn't prioritising her release after a while and/or he might have some leverage that could've helped her out but didn't use it.

Things kept getting worse and worse for her in prison and Boyd wasn't there for her or seemed more focused on other things than helping her. She started to think her life was in jeopardy and that she wouldn't survive or worse, so Raylan came along and gave her an out from both prison and Boyd.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
From Ausiello:

The final season premiere picks up with
Raylan in, of all places, Mexico, where his U.S. Marshal’s badge curries him exactly zero favor. (But when has that ever stopped him from getting what he needs?) The episode also features a moment so abrupt and shocking, you will jump out of your seat.

I rewatched the S5 premiere (A Murder of Crowes) and Shot All to Hell (Alan Tudyk as Canadian assassin) the other night as part of my rewatch. It holds up very well, particularly the latter episode. Nice work from Nick Searcy.

styl3s

I rewatched the S5 premiere (A Murder of Crowes) and Shot All to Hell (Alan Tudyk as Canadian assassin) the other night as part of my rewatch. It holds up very well, particularly the latter episode. Nice work from Nick Searcy.
After seeing Alan in Dollhouse and Justified i wouldn't even be mad if he ended up as a villain typecast in TV shows.

Fascinating to watch him play bad guy roles.

It's funny because S5 benefitted from having so many talented actors doing guest appearances towards the front end of S5, but it was a little disappointing how quickly they tore through them. I hope Garret Dillahunt and Sam Elliot get a lot of material this season before their inevitable run-ins with Raylan or Boyd.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny because S5 benefitted from having so many talented actors doing guest appearances towards the front end of S5, but it was a little disappointing how quickly they tore through them. I hope Garret Dillahunt and Sam Elliot get a lot of material this season before their inevitable run-ins with Raylan or Boyd.

Forgot Dillahunt was going to be in this. Hopefully he gets more material than Wood and Steve Harris had.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pretty much the only person on the main cast list that I'd actually be surprised to see dead by the end is Wynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom