• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 3 was godly. 4 was fine. But it didnt have that awesome finale that 3 did.
Too bad 5 is the last season. Give me 5 more. Don't even care if all five are like season 4.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
TBH, Tim did have some very nice episodes with Colt back in S4. I love both the character and his actor.

4jjYdon.gif

jLQK2Cr.gif

TBH, Tim did have some very nice episodes with Colt back in S4. I love both the character and his actor.

4jjYdon.gif

jLQK2Cr.gif

Oh I completely agree. I enjoyed Tim's storyline in season 4 as well. Even Rachel had some great episodes once in a while, like the one back in Season 2 with her brother-in-law. But usually it's one or the other that gets a rare spotlight (usually Tim :p). So I was just excited to hear that they both seem to play a larger role in the last season.

Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt are perfect for Justified.

I heard from Sepinwall that Sam Elliott will be beardless on the show but Garret Dillahunt will have an impressive beard :eek:

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

That episode those gifs are from is one of the best in the series for me. Just got through it in my rewatch last week, holds up very well.

- A few tidbits on the final season from Yahoo's Winter TV preview:
Justified (FX, Jan. 20 at 10 p.m.)

Coming Up: "It's the dangerous proposition when someone says, 'I just want to do one more thing, and then go.' Those often don't go well for people. That's sort of what it's all about," says Justified EP Graham Yost of the FX drama's final season. Since that proposition sets up a showdown between U.S. marshal Raylan Givens and smooth-tongued criminal Boyd Crowder, will it make for a darker Season 6? "There will be some more darkness, but I think we never want to lose sight of the fact that we're an Elmore Leonard show," Yost says. "His stuff only got so dark."
Blasts from the Past: Limehouse (Mykelti Williamson), Winona, and hapless Dewey Crowe return, and a trio of guest stars — Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt, and Jeff Fahey — will play new characters with connections to Harlan-ites.
As for the series finale, Yost says, "It's sort of been year by year, 'Oh, let's end it this way.' Then I have an idea or someone else says, 'Let's end it that way.' We've been talking about it for probably four years. It does change all the time."

- THR: 'Justified': 'Kingdom's' Jonathan Tucker Joins the Final Season
Kingdom star Jonathan Tucker has joined the final season of Justified, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Tucker — who recently began filming his role on the drama — will appear
in the final five episodes of the FX series as Boon, a hired gun of Katherine Hale's (Mary Steenburgen) ex, Avery Markham (Sam Elliott). He joins Elliott and Garret Dillahunt as season six's notable new foes.

Justified creator Graham Yost told THR that Boon will be "a wonderful character, a gunslinger," while the official character description noted that the character has a "quick draw" and a romantic view of himself as a man out of a different time.

Niraj

Finished my rewatch of all 5 seasons just now. Still felt mostly the same about season 5 but I think it was a bit better watching it relatively close together instead of week to week. There were a ton of characters and plot threads that kind of limply went away. The last few episodes (basically starting with Raylan giving Kendall the money) were all really solid though. Raylan's line after Darryl's death was awesome. "Didn't I tell ya you were gonna wish I'd killed ya? Well, don'tcha?"

Really looking forward to the final season, but also sad that it's going to be all over. This really is one of my all-time favorite shows.

- TV Guide's Winter TV Preview with a few tidbits on what's coming up:
Justified(FX)
Premieres: Tuesday, Jan. 20 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: After getting Daryl Crowe to admit to shooting Art, Raylan made plans to transfer to Florida to be near Winona and their daughter. However, before Raylan can leave, AUSA Vasquez recruited Raylan for a final mission: to help him bring down Boyd Crowder, who has now teamed up with Wynn Duffy and Katherine Hale. To do so, Raylan springs Ava from jail in order to use her as his mole.

What's Next: The final season's guest cast is stacked: Sam Elliott will play Markham, a legendary Kentucky gangster who returns to Harlan to woo Katherine and Garrett Dillahunt will play Ty Walker, a special ops veteran who's seen his share of combat and now handles security for a semi-legal businessman. Both will run afoul of Raylan and Boyd, but we all know this final season will ultimately be about that key duo's final showdown. "This is the heavyweight round, and at the end of it there's going to be one man standing," Walton Goggins teases.

IronRinn

Finally broke down and purchased season 5 so my girlfriend and I could be all caught up for season 6. I agree Niraj, Raylan's last words to Darryl were ice fucking cold.

It was a decent season (none of them have been bad) but the whole thing with Ava really felt like it was just there to set up the last scene on the bridge. I thought Rappaport was great and the dialogue across the board was stellar as usual. Season needed more Tim and Rachel, though, and I'm glad they will have more time in the final season. Really excited to see how this all wraps up, but equally sad that it will be the end. Great, great show.

Niraj

Finally broke down and purchased season 5 so my girlfriend and I could be all caught up for season 6. I agree Niraj, Raylan's last words to Darryl were ice fucking cold.

It was a decent season (none of them have been bad) but the whole thing with Ava really felt like it was just there to set up the last scene on the bridge. I thought Rappaport was great and the dialogue across the board was stellar as usual. Season needed more Tim and Rachel, though, and I'm glad they will have more time in the final season. Really excited to see how this all wraps up, but equally sad that it will be the end. Great, great show.

I just realized I forgot to delete that quote from the top of my post lol

I think the main problem is that there were a lot of great scenes and individual pieces, but not really many great episodes when taken as a whole. I really do think the last few episodes of the season were perfectly fine though, and the Alan Tudyk episode was awesome. The Ava stuff had a good payoff, but I don't know. A lot of it was kind of dull and hurt the momentum of the other scenes.

I really like when Rachel and Raylan go out together, so I hope there's more of that. Since she and Vasquez were responsible for starting this Boyd RICO thing, you'd think she'd be really prominent (well, that and there's no more time left :p). Here's hoping. I really liked the Tim and Colt plot in season 4 as well. More Tim is always a good thing.

Just wanted to quote this once more because I can't believe Niraj took the time to put it together. The Justified death list:
Since I'm sick and bored (using Justified wikia so might be off here or there):

Season 1:
Ep1: Tommy Bucks, Jared Hale, Bowman
Ep2: Dupree
Ep3: Curtis Mims, Travis Travers
Ep4: Frank, Joe, Coyote, Roland Pike
Ep5: None
Ep6: Owen Carnes
Ep7: Mr. Duke
Ep8: None
Ep9: Billy Mac and Arnett's bodyguard
Ep10: Gil
Ep11: Mickey, Puller
Ep12: None
Ep13: 6 members of Boyd's flock, Heckle, Jeckle, Hestler Jones, Rufus, Bo Crowder, two unnamed associates of Bo's, Ernesto

S1 total: 31

Season 2:
Ep1: Walt McCready
Ep2: Van, Jess Timmons
Ep3: Bobby Lawton, Cutter, Elrod Platt
Ep4: Flex
Ep5: Kyle, Marcus, Pruitt
Ep6: None
Ep7: None
Ep8: None
Ep9: Coover
Ep10: two guys Gary sent
Ep11: Baz, Logan, Aunt Helen
Ep12: None
Ep13: 5 of Dickie's men, Doyle, Mags

S2 total: 23

Season 3:
Ep1: Delmar Coates, Eddie, Emmitt Arnett, Yvette
Ep2: Bill Nichols, Guero Moncada, Adan
Ep3: JT, Wally Becket, Glen Fogle
Ep4: Edward Fowler, Junior, Combs, Devil
Ep5: Ash Murphy, Lance, Layla
Ep6: Rip Bell, Trixie, Doc Stern, Brady Hughes, Gus
Ep7: None (!)
Ep8: Gary
Ep9: Krystal, two people at the bank, J.J. Corliss, Lemuel Becket, Tanner Dodd, Elroy
Ep10: None
Ep11: Parker, Longbaugh
Ep12: Tom Bergen
Ep13: Errol?

S3 total: 34

Season 4:
Ep1: Hiram Pugh, Sam Porter
Ep2: Danny
Ep3: Alex Barnes, Billy
Ep4: None
Ep5: Agent Barkley
Ep6: None
Ep7: Mitch, Sharon Edmunds, Jody
Ep8: Arlo, Deke, Frank Browning, Dave, Mark, Sam Keener, Tonin hitman
Ep9: None
Ep10: None
Ep11: Yolo, Mort
Ep12: Colt
Ep13: Lex, Cobb, Dominic, Nicky Augustine

S4 total: 23

Season5:
E1: Chandler, Ross, Donny, Simon Lee, Sammy, Doug, Chainsaw guy, Dilly, Elvis Machado
E2: Marcus
E3: None
E4: Wade Messer
E5: Lee Paxton, Al Sura, Nick Mooney, Elias Marcos, Jean Baptiste
E6: None
E7: Larry Salmeron, three of Hot Rod's henchmen, Johnny
E8: None
E9: Ali, Hot Rod, Elmont Swain
E10: Danny Crowe, Judith
E11: Picker
E12: Penny
E13: Jimmy, Manuel, Alberto, Manolo, Daryl

S5 total: 33

Overall total: 144

Some of those might be off by a few since some of the wikia pages didn't have deaths (or no deaths) indicated and I just went through the synopses.

So overall 3>5>1>2=4

I wonder if Garrett Dillahunt will be playing a character along the lines of his character from Burn Notice. He's so good at being unhinged. I think he could play a decent Joker if ever given a chance.

The billboards with that poster art have started popping up in LA, my hype is growing.

Niraj

Ha ha. Poor Niraj, compiling death lists in a sick induced haze.

I could've been the 34th casualty of season 5 :eek:

I wonder if Garrett Dillahunt will be playing a character along the lines of his character from Burn Notice. He's so good at being unhinged. I think he could play a decent Joker if ever given a chance.

The billboards with that poster art have started popping up in LA, my hype is growing.

He was good as Simon, but if you really want to see how fucked up he can be you need to check him out as Francis Wolcott on Deadwood if you haven't.

It must have been an Act of God. Praise the Lord!

lol poor Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom