• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JYB doing mo-cap with Reuben Langdon. Working on DMC5?

Sesha

Apologies if this isn't thread-worthy.

Johnny Yong Bosch, the mocap and voice of Nero, just posted a picture on Facebook from a mo-cap session with Reuben Langdon, the same and such for Dante.

https://www.facebook.com/johnnyyong...406464998582/1136673506371868/?type=1&theater

There weren't any new cutscenes of Dante with Nero in DMC4SE, so unless it's something completely unrelated, it could very well be they just stealth confirmed DMC5.

While the series' future has been uncertain for a while, aside from the release of DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4 Special Edition last year, Capcom did confirm in their integrated report from last year that new DMC titles are planned for release by the end of FY2017. And Itsuno, the director of DMC2-4, recently confirmed via twitter that he's working on a new project which he told us to look forward to, but said it can't be revealed just yet.

I shall surrender if old

JayEH

attachment.php

Sesha

both also do work for power rangers ,no?

Johnny was on the main roster for a number of years. Reuben was just a stunt man, I believe. However, Dan Southworth, the mo-cap and voice for Vergil, was the Quantum Ranger on PR Time Force.

I don't think they've been involved with PR for a while, so this can't be that.

Id rather have Nero than anyone else coming back, he was just far more fun to control...... *shrug*

The DMC4 team love Nero, as he's kinda their character, so you'll definitely get him back. There's no way they're excluding Dante after he was sidelined in 4 and after DmC, though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This picture is from last year (Reuben Langdon and Daniel Southworth)

27a61273c492793ca0392908fc71930e.jpg

DMC5 is definitely under development. It'll probably be announced at E3 or TGS this year. Here's an article about the team getting together last year... Hmm I wonder why.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015?pg=5

sn00zer

The DMC4 team love Nero, as he's kinda their character, so you'll definitely get him back. There's no way they're excluding Dante after he was sidelined in 4 and after DmC, though.

If anyone was sidelined in DMC4 it was Nero

Sesha

DMC5 please.

It's secretly DmC2.

Tameem and Dom said in an interview around Christmas '14 there were no plans for DmC2 and that they hadn't been approached by Capcom or talked to them about it. This was shortly after DmC Definitive Edition was announced, I believe.

If anyone was sidelined in DMC4 it was Nero

You play as Dante for like 6 missions tho. Sidelined in terms of weapons and styles, maybe.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
E3 reveal, let's go.

Dan Southworth also accidentally confirmed DMC5 back in November at a Power Rangers(?) convention. He let slip something along the lines of "...I think it's great how they're bringing us all back for the next one" and then Reuben went on damage control. I'll dig up the link.

It wasn't really a slip. More of a tease that he wanted something to happen more than something was actually happening.
https://youtu.be/Npd6N1BX2nk

Dahbomb

This party's getting CRAZY!!!!!

Also with Nero coming back they are probably setting up the Darth Vader moment with Vergil. That's a major plot point that still lingers in the DMC story along with Vergil's whereabouts since DMC1 (if he comes back).

More like street fighter related stuff since this two guys are ryu and ken in some fan made video that is really well known, think it was sfxt made live or something like that.
Actually that was Dan playing Ryu. Unless there's another street fighter live action thing with JYB

Sesha

This picture is from last year (Reuben Langdon and Daniel Southworth)

27a61273c492793ca0392908fc71930e.jpg

DMC5 is definitely under development. It'll probably be announced at E3 or TGS this year. Here's an article about the team getting together last year... Hmm I wonder why.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015?pg=5

They were at E3 promoting DMC4SE, though. Reuben and Dan said a few months later they hadn't been approached by Capcom regarding DMC5 or anything like that, only that they heard rumors it was happening.

As someone who recently experienced DMC3 with style switching, I'll give anything for a DMC5 =X

Hopefully soon!

Speaking of, the all weapon-switch mod for DMC3 comes out of beta soon.

Arttemis

DMC3 with style switching is all I want. While I love its sequel, I'm not a fan of DMC4's weapons or the lack of alternatives from which to choose.

Dahbomb

I really doubt that they would be doing Style switch again. The basic Style abilities have to be integrated into the default control scheme. Theoretically it's still possible, DmC almost did it.

Tameem and Dom said in an interview around Christmas '14 there were no plans for DmC2 and that they hadn't been approached by Capcom or talked to them about it. This was shortly after DmC Definitive Edition was announced, I believe.

I should have added a /s, Poe's Law at it's finest.

Though I would be ok with any new Devil May Cry at this point. DmC2, DMC5, Run DMC.

Sesha

Style switching can take a hike. Integrated styles without switching or bust.

I should have added a /s, Poe's Law at it's finest.

Though I would be ok with any new Devil May Cry at this point. DmC2, DMC5, Run DMC.

I kinda knew you were joking, though. I'm somewhat familiar with your preferences regarding DMC.

But there's inevitably someone who'll sincerely bemoan DMC5 in favor of DmC2.

Speaking of, the all weapon-switch mod for DMC3 comes out of beta soon.
Oh wow, really? Where is progress on that being posted?

DMC3 with style switching is all I want. While I love its sequel, I'm not a fan of DMC4's weapons or the lack of alternatives from which to choose.
I mean, I dislike the *lack* of weapons. But Lucifer is the coolest fucking weapon in a video game >.> (I also prefer DMC4's 3 weapons over DMC3's 2 weapons).

But I'll agree that I want DMC5 to essentially be DMC3 plus style switching. That game goes to another level with that.

JayEH

I really doubt that they would be doing Style switch again. The basic Style abilities have to be integrated into the default control scheme. Theoretically it's still possible, DmC almost did it.

yep, one of the good things DmC did.

Arttemis

Oh wow, really? Where is progress on that being posted?

I mean, I dislike the *lack* of weapons. But Lucifer is the coolest fucking weapon in a video game >.> (I also prefer DMC4's 3 weapons over DMC3's 2 weapons).

But I'll agree that I want DMC5 to essentially be DMC3 plus style switching. That game goes to another level with that.

I actually prefer 2 weapons. 3 is too many for my tastes, and Lucifer never matched my style of gameplay. I'd legitimately prefer the variety of DMC3, its 2 weapon limit, and more interesting styles.

Top Bottom