• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
YO WHATUP

FhgrmdE.png

3wCUw7M.png

YJkgZUS.png

tQI8YcB.gif

luso

Hello K-PopGAF

I'm obsessed with Miss Korea.

Like, I can't even.

And it makes me sad, because I hear it's flopping. ;___;

That is all.

Why it was said it flopped? Physically it sold as much as 4Minute's "What's your name", even if both didn't had high figures, but most of girl groups are now with poor performance. I don't know digital numbers to comment.
Additionally it's a solo female act (only IU has relevant figures) and Hyori is not a power horse as before musically speaking (in 2010 sold almost the triple). So, under the circumstances, I would say it fared better than I expected.

Girls' Day teaser
Pulling an Abracadabra kiss?

Someone please make an avatar out of this for me:

Watched the broadcasted version of SNSD's 2n Tour. Too bad isn't the entire concert.
So without seeing all concert I say it's not so less good as the 1st one as I thought, from some previews it seemed to have too much cutesy segments.
It followed a similar patter as the 1st tour, first half mostly with the recent songs from latest albums, and second half with the established ones like Gee, Kissing You, etc. and more relaxed songs.

It had midway a Great Escape remix that I didn't liked much, original version is better imo.
Also it confirms greatness of Reflection, Express 999, Beep Beep and even Paparazzi.

It breaks my heart that they didn't promote this or Baby Maybe instead of IGAB and Dancing Queen.

This is what we could have gotten instead.

luso

I remember the performances with the red dresses @_@ don't remember now which songs were...
About the singing, maybe it was because the source audio of the broadcasted version (AAC stereo) but I hardly noticed the live singing, only seldom it was clear the live singing - but is known they sung most of the songs, at least the more vocal parts. In that fancam is much more noticeable. But even in the 1st Tour Blu-Ray is not much noticeable, maybe due mixing/tweaking?

dokish

Banned
Holy crap those Koreans motherfuckers can drink. I just had 4 or 5 bottles of makkoli with some guy, and I was almost sleeping, and he was talking and smiling.

Dice

Fany doesn't often look even better than Tae like that. Damn she is looking good.
It's like she got sleep or something.

dokish

Banned
They don't have Netflix here in Korea. :(

So, Crayon Pop schedule is empty for Seoul performances. The flood in my room was actually because 'shower in the morning', it was all I could understand from the old lady. Perhaps some flawed pipe or someone indeed caused the whole thing.

I complained about the weather, yes! Brazil is like hell, but Korea is like sitting on the Devil's lap. I'm not kidding, the weather here sucks, I don't know how can they bear it. Sadly I'll spend all day in coffee shops with air conditioner until the Fall comes. I'm not sure if I already can use the university facilities since I don't have an ID card yet.

Oh, and americans are so nice. I went to Chicago and had a really great time. Everybody (staff, food court, info balcony, etc) are so eager to treat you well. I saw a lot of diversity and evebody was just cool enjoying their meal. In Miami you have more people talking Spanish than English, it was so funny. Spanish everywhere.

The guys from inspection and customs and all that were so friendly that I didn't have the chance to use the "I'm sorry I thought this was America" line.

I don't know why my pics keep getting rotated. No more posts about Korea until the weather changes.

EDIT: I WANT THE RAINBOW SCHEDULE RIGHT NOW.

Tangeroo

They don't have Netflix here in Korea. :(

So, Crayon Pop schedule is empty for Seoul performances. The flood in my room was actually because 'shower in the morning', it was all I could understand from the old lady. Perhaps some flawed pipe or someone indeed caused the whole thing.

I complained about the weather, yes! Brazil is like hell, but Korea is like sitting on the Devil's lap. I'm not kidding, the weather here sucks, I don't know how can they bear it. Sadly I'll spend all day in coffee shops with air conditioner until the Fall comes. I'm not sure if I already can use the university facilities since I don't have an ID card yet.

Oh, and americans are so nice. I went to Chicago and had a really great time. Everybody (staff, food court, info balcony, etc) are so eager to treat you well. I saw a lot of diversity and evebody was just cool enjoying their meal. In Miami you have more people talking Spanish than English, it was so funny. Spanish everywhere.

The guys from inspection and customs and all that were so friendly that I didn't have the chance to use the "I'm sorry I thought this was America" line.

I don't know why my pics keep getting rotated. No more posts about Korea until the weather changes.

EDIT: I WANT THE RAINBOW SCHEDULE RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the update. Keep postin' them pics of people who don't know you're taking a photo of them! ;)

No No Eul

Does YouTube's caption system support all the fancy fonts and styles that subbing groups tend to use? I don't see that much stuff on YouTube that does use captions (just LOEN's videos really) and when they do, the subtitles always look a bit... simplistic. I've always assumed that was the fault of YouTube but maybe that's not the case.

Tenck

Does YouTube's caption system support all the fancy fonts and styles that subbing groups tend to use? I don't see that much stuff on YouTube that does use captions (just LOEN's videos really) and when they do, the subtitles always look a bit... simplistic. I've always assumed that was the fault of YouTube but maybe that's not the case.

I assumed the point of subs was to just read what's being said? Not trying to be snarky or anything, but I don't see anything wrong with simplistic subs.

wwlnd

Banned
yeah my comment was directed more at kpop subs in general (soshified, t-ara diadiam, etc) and non-youtube releases.

youtube doesn't support styled softsubs so for a youtube release hardsubbing would be the only way to go. it still wouldn't hurt to make the softsubs available.

when subbing youtube-sourced vids chinese subbers (on one site at least) release styled .ass softubs only; you download the raw video from youtube yourself and then just load the softsubs.

neoism

That's like my special skill.

Damn Crayon Pop in some park. Many laughs. How hard can it be to hold tight the freaking thing?

http://youtu.be/Zq0rfAwFUZc

Way looks sooo cute.

EDIT: This is the best CP TV ever.

motheroffuck are they ever going to lose those fugly track suit/pants... SMFH
aren't you going to track them down dokish. lol I still can't believe you think SK is hot compared to Brazil. also you should eat some hot food, at a restaurant or something.

dokish

Banned
There are 3 hot girls by my side at a coffee shop. Los like they are practicing English for a job interview or something. But they look really young to apply for jobs.

Should I start a conversation? Say their English is good and start from there? Heart pounding.

Edit: fuck it's 5am in murica. Guess I lost my chance.
Edit 2: neoism, I already took a look at their schedule, but they don't have anything in Seoul for the rest of the month. Yeah, weird. :(((
Edit3: Actually crayon-pop crayon-pop.com was closed so their schedule was outdated. Apparently they have shittons of things scheduled!! Even a album signing! Sheeeeet.

Dice

JBLAQ
Jing Baby in Absolute Quality

1 2 3 4

Though I think I prefer the poppin colors of the versions at the top of the page.

No No Eul

I like black-haired Hyuna.

Amen.

I assumed the point of subs was to just read what's being said? Not trying to be snarky or anything, but I don't see anything wrong with simplistic subs.

Sorry, that didn't come across quite right. I tend to agree that the more straightforward the subtitles, the better. It's just that subbing groups often go for something more elaborate and I wasn't sure that YouTube's captions could handle that, based on what I've seen to date.

yeah my comment was directed more at kpop subs in general (soshified, t-ara diadiam, etc) and non-youtube releases.

youtube doesn't support styled softsubs so for a youtube release hardsubbing would be the only way to go. it still wouldn't hurt to make the softsubs available.

when subbing youtube-sourced vids chinese subbers (on one site at least) release styled .ass softubs only; you download the raw video from youtube yourself and then just load the softsubs.

Yeah, that would be a nice alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom