• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

INFINITE "Request" MV Dat product placement. SM making quite clear that they want easy money with Infinite under their wings now.

It's a 'Galaxy Song' made to help advertise Samsung Galaxy products (CNBlue and Icona Pop are the other acts that are doing some Galaxy Songs)

It's odd that woolliment used a far stronger song to advertise a product than they did for Infinite's last single.

Eldren

Infinite - "Request(ing more money please, Samsung)". Phone, tablet, even that Galaxy Gear watch thing. Come on, SM/Woollim. Just go all the way.

tumblr_lqaxiapYgV1qmvclco1_500.png

(Pretty catchy song though.)

Edit: Didn't realise it was specifically intended as an advertisement.

llehuty

It's a 'Galaxy Song' made to help advertise Samsung Galaxy products (CNBlue and Icona Pop are the other acts that are doing some Galaxy Songs)

It's odd that woolliment used a far stronger song to advertise a product than they did for Infinite's last single.

Oh, such a missed opportunity for Galaxy Supernova. I guess that jeans designer was offering more money.

Loci

Some more rather unknown songs:

Kim Bo Kyung - 나를 뉘인다 The first song is also pretty good.
Viva J - 못난 아들
Viva J - 겁이나 (Feat. 정은)

Also, I'm currently looking for some more rockish stuff. (Not so much into hardrock/metal)

Along the lines of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2dCKcQXbE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbtgSefdJ2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1Ahc3EZ70

Does anyone have some recommendations?

tumblr_mtshh3ZgQ21qfssjlo5_1280.jpg

Cuddler

Today (as the 28 of September) in K-Pop Gaf history (the history that only I can remember, lol) I did my first and only Shindong big post for his birthday. So even if I don't follow him much anymore, for this year I decided that I still want to remember him for his birthday, since without seeing him I would have probably changed channel (lol) and a lot of things would not have happened in my life, I wouldn't know a lot of people, and I would not be here (as in the K-Pop gaf thread).

No photos, but mostly videos and a link to last year birthday (still awesome) post.

Shindong 2012 birthday post
Shindong Vietnamese fanbase YouTube channel (a lot of Shindong focus fancams)
High Society - Shindong "hugging" Infinite Sunggyu lol
High Society - Shindong body is...irresistible? lol
I still don't understand how something like this is common in Korean televesion, but then they have problems with the real people
High Society - Shindong being funny and beautiful, lol
Shindong ShimShimTapa opening - Super DJ Shindong
Shindong ShimShimTapa opening 2
Shindong imitating Rain on Strong Heart, something that will defintely remain in the mind of a lot of people, even if I'm not sure for the right reasons, lol

Well, I guess that's it, happy birthday to Shindong!
Even if I'm pretty sure he will never read this post
Anyway, I can't wait to watch the 2013 awards on IRC again if I still would be at home, hopefully they will be mostly Shindong awards again, lol

I know this is a k-pop thread, but I'm interested in hearing what other kinds of music you guys listen to (since it does seem tastes differ in that area). Me, I mostly listen to Progressive rock, alternative metal bands like Pink Floyd, Tool, Deftones. I also listen to Queen, U2, Nirvana, Elton John. My taste often varies by the time of day.

Started listening to kpop through my korean friends, always did wonder if korea could be a source of rock.

(._.)

Banned
I know this is a k-pop thread, but I'm interested in hearing what other kinds of music you guys listen to (since it does seem tastes differ in that are). Me, I mostly listen to Progressive rock, alternative metal bands like Pink Floyd, Tool, Deftones. I also listen to Queen, U2, Nirvana, Elton John. My taste often varies by the time of day. Started listening to kpop through my korean friends, always did wonder if korea could be a source for rock.

I stopped listening to korean almost a year ago after I realized how awful it is. I only like INFINITE and SHINee (some of SHINee). I listen to a wide array of rock except 'the eagles' tier crap. Some 80's stuff. Stuff that tries too hard in the art department can make me puke sometimes but I love most indie variants of rock, pop and electronic. punk rock and hardcore variants, classical, electronic, alt, folk, industrial and some rap and metal. also a lot of big band and jazz. korean music sucks and all sounds the same except a few artists which get made fun of in here for either being ugly or for not having taeyawn in them.

I stopped listening to korean almost a year ago after I realized how awful it is. I only like INFINITE and SHINee (some of SHINee). I listen to a wide array of rock except 'the eagles' tier crap. Some 80's stuff. Stuff that tries too hard in the art department can make me puke sometimes but I love most indie variants of rock, pop and electronic. punk rock and hardcore variants, classical, electronic, alt, folk, industrial and some rap and metal. also a lot of big band and jazz. korean music sucks and all sounds the same except a few artists which get made fun of in here for either being ugly or for not having taeyawn in them.

Hotel California is an excellent song, not to sure what you meant by that.

Interesting choices. I also listen to the occasional 80s, hip hop, electronic, indie. If what you are saying is true, than a korean would have to look to foreign music if they end up disliking k-pop and the like. Sucks. I personally don't like to generalize genres or look down on them. I understand that music a personal experience.

I was originally intimidated by kpop, didn't seem like my cup of tea. Grew to like a few songs and here I am now. Something else to add to my diverse taste. BRB gonna listen to some Eric Clapton and then some KARA and maybe some Common. 8)

Peru

face you're an idiot

i grew up as an idm nerd, warp, that stuff. turned into an indie rock kid anti mainstream everything but thankfully grew out of that teenage phase. now rnb, pop, electronic, hip hop.

top three: aaliyah, beach boys, bach lol

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I know this is a k-pop thread, but I'm interested in hearing what other kinds of music you guys listen to (since it does seem tastes differ in that area). Me, I mostly listen to Progressive rock, alternative metal bands like Pink Floyd, Tool, Deftones. I also listen to Queen, U2, Nirvana, Elton John. My taste often varies by the time of day.

Started listening to kpop through my korean friends, always did wonder if korea could be a source of rock.
Don't really listen to Kpop anymore. Maybe like once a week or something. It's not bad or anything.. I just kinda lost interest. Still heavily into rap/hip-hop and I guess some genres of electronic. Have been into hip-hop for most of my life.

Occassionally, I listen to stuff I was into during my high school years. The Bled, Poison the Well, Norma Jean, etc. Metalcore stuff, kinda. I still go back to Sense's Fail, Silverstein, Slipknot and a bunch of other stuff I was into while in middle school. Listening to stuff you haven't heard in a while is great. Brings back memories.

Anyways, not really into kpop anymore. Last time I actually went looking for a song was to update the OP almost a month ago and the last time I looked for a picture was to change my avatar. That was maybe.. 2 weeks ago.

ramyeon

I grew up listening to a lot of punk/post-punk since that's what my parents were into and they always played those records while I was young haha. So I really liked a lot of earlier punk but also stuff like Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, New Order, Bowie, My Bloody Valentine etc etc.

I was introduced to kpop pretty early with groups like H.O.T, Baby VoX, SES, FinKL etc. so I've been into that as well for as long as I can remember. Also went through the metalcore phase which was all the rage when I was in highschool. Bands like Alexisonfire, Senses Fail, Underoath etc...

Jpop and Rock as well when I was studying and living in Japan I was into groups like Ketsumeishi, Bump of Chicken, L'arc, Chatmonchy, ZONE and many others.

Nowadays I'm mostly into Korean indie (Of many kinds, rock, electronic, folk, ambient whatever) as well as a mix of all the stuff I've listened to in the past along with Hip-Hop and R&B. Probably listening to Drake and The Weeknd most out of those genres recently.

i made a playlist of all the videos linked on this page, figured that'd make it easier
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFbtqSHhHbnBIIXX8_ebYHkU8w7fsTNzC
Smart haha. Should've done that from the start I guess. Those FT Island and Jaejoong songs so out of place at the end of the list there tho lol.

Can you add this one too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP4Wok6wEFo

Riverfield

Neo Member
Lately, mostly Japanese music. Shing02, m-flo, Shiina Ringo, and Soil and Pimp Sessions mainly. My moods in music changes all of the time. As long as I think it sounds pretty, is good fun, and/or is fun to sing within my vocal range I'll listen to it. The only artist I consistently listen to is Joanna Newsom because she's kinda the best, man.

Everybody needs to listen to Shiina Ringo and Soil and Pimp Sessions.

neoism

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=450225

best musical genre their is i honestly dont really even listen to kpop just snsd

nujabes <3
fat jon
jospeh jacobs
Ljones
troglow
freindzone
instrumental non lyrical music is the best
i do listen to some rock loooove the deftones

only music i dislike is rap and country i can stand to listen to rap but country fuck that shit

Kabuto

I mostly listen to pop and hip-hop. Currently listening to Justin Timberlake's, Drake's, and Jason Derulo's new albums. All three are pretty great. The only K-Pop that is in my current playlist is G-Dragon's new album(s).

milkham

I was mostly a rock kid growing up but i've never been good at differentiating genres so I suppose you'd include grunge and alternative rock in there too, after I stopped listening to the radio I've become a dabbler, i'm not into rap/hip-hop generally but occasionally songs jump out at me, same with country music. for a while I got into music that was just a chick with an acoustic guitar, not sure if that is a genre though. I think probably the only music i haven't really dabbled in too much is electronic stuff. Feels weird when I "discover" songs people got sick of last year. Basically I listen to almost anything, except Collegiate a cappella fuuuuuuuuuck that shit.

I got into kpop around the same time as ramyeon with S.E.S., BabyVOX and Finkl etc dropped out of it for a few years and got back into it with girls generation/wonder girls.

ev0

I was mostly a rock kid growing up but i've never been good at differentiating genres so I suppose you'd include grunge and alternative rock in there too, after I stopped listening to the radio I've become a dabbler, i'm not into rap/hip-hop generally but occasionally songs jump out at me, same with country music. for a while I got into music that was just a chick with an acoustic guitar, not sure if that is a genre though. I think probably the only music i haven't really dabbled in too much is electronic stuff. Feels weird when I "discover" songs people got sick of last year. Basically I listen to almost anything, except Collegiate a cappella fuuuuuuuuuck that shit.

I got into kpop around the same time as ramyeon with S.E.S., BabyVOX and Finkl etc dropped out of it for a few years and got back into it with girls generation/wonder girls.

Hmmm. Must be a age thing, as my story is almost exactly the same as yours.
I don't like much (or actively hate) much popular mainstream music, but I really don't have the time to find cool stuff anymore between work and all my other hobbies.
Inherently I'll always be a raock/alt rock guy, but even now I barely follow it.

JKTrix

I 'have' a YouTube video with over 2 million views with some Luv (sic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxgpHWtLC0

Darn youtube changed my username tho.

Don't think I have any real strong feelings to any music in particular. Growing up, my Mom pretty much only listened to Gospel music and my Caribbean Dad listened almost exclusively to Country music. The popular music in Bermuda back then was a mix of Reggae, Soca, Calypso...Caribbean type stuff. Those are probably still the most popular, in the sense that they would get the most reception at a party or something, but the radio these days is mostly the same stuff that would be on US airwaves. I don't really listen to it much.

The majority of stuff that comes through my headphones these days are podcasts. It rhymes better with my work and hobbies, as I tend to be pretty ADHD/OCD when I just have my music playlists going. Ends up just being distracting to what I'm actually doing.

Now and then, though, I would go on binges of listening to orchestrated tracks from various sources, be it soundtracks or concerts or other such recordings, for several hours.

Broank

Are you me? lol Those are all probably towards the top of my most listened list as well.

I grew up listening to a lot of 60s and 70s music because of my hippie parents. Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Billy Joel, Bill Withers, Bob Seger, Beach Boys, Chicago etc. etc. Was into stuff like Tool and Deftones for a while. Kinda got into hip hop a little in middle/high school from pre/post game locker room listening.

Discovered Jpop and Jrock from Anime and was really into The Back Horn along with stuff like Parabellum Bullet, Acidman.

Now I listen to mostly orchestral and a lot of instrumental stuff like Ratatat, Madeon
and Dempagumi inc. and Crayon Pop of course ;p

Ginger hurt his leg? Taeng and mom taking him to the vet.

AReed

Don't listen to kpop. Only here for the cuties.

I like all kinds of music, but my fave genres are indie rock, hip-hop/rap, and alternative.

Stuff like Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men, Mumford&Sons, Coldplay, Yeezus, Drake, Common, and the late 90's early 2000's alternative like Alexisonfire, Green Day, Incubus and Story of the Year.

Alternative isn't what it used to be. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop.

I'll listen to anything if I think it sounds good, don't really have a genre preference.

I also really love miwa, a Japanese singer/songwriter. She's pretty much what I listen to most of the time lately.

Kinda bored of kpop this year, only a few songs have really interested me.

magenta

I can like something from any genre (except rap and country music) but I mostly stick to EDM. Right now I listen to Trance.

Anything, provided it captures my attention by whatever way possible. I can't really nail a specific genre, so here's a couple of artists in the English side: Nujabes, Daft Punk, Queen, Journey, Kendrick Lamar, JT, Usher, Bibio, Brian McKnight, Boyz II Men, Count Basie, Chick Corea, JJ Johnson, Maroon 5, The Script, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney and a bunch more really. Basically, anything lol.

This all comes from the fact that music to me is based on emotion and feel. I don't give a crap if a song has the most basic chord change or crappy production, if it can tick off any of those conditions I'll instantly like the song. Then again, I am a audio engineer so that might actually be a huge factor in my listening habits haha.

Slowdive

Banned

I'll listen to anything as long as it's good. Really into rock/electronic/alternative and Japanese music. Some of my favourite artists/bands are David Bowie, Shiina Ringo, Susumu Hirasawa, Yellow Magic Orchestra, The Joy Formidable, Perfume, Jun Togawa, Lush, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive etc.

Pendulum

For some reason, a lot of pics here aren't showing up for me. It's been happening for a while and it's really annoying eg. half of Pendulum's pics just aren't there; the quote boxes are empty. Is it a Chrome problem? I don't really know what else would be causing it. Can anyone help?

:( No idea, sorry. I use Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m and although the thread wigged out briefly yesterday by not displaying the page properly, the pictures were still there (might have been a connection issue on my end).

I 'have' a YouTube video with over 2 million views with some Luv (sic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxgpHWtLC0

That's your vid? Shit man, that got me to search out Nujabes' music a few years back (yea, I was late). I owe you a beer or something.

-------------------

Nine Muses in HIM magazine
tumblr_mttj0fdlPX1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

Couple of Sera scans from it
BVO2UtHCIAAt_qH.jpg

--------

Jaekyung said:

RubyFaith

I listen to Kalafina, Soft Lipa, Big K.R.I.T, a bunch of random indie of all sorts. August Alsina, Sam Smith, and a lot of the Top 100 billboard hits from each year post 2007.

luso

I always was an occasional music listener, I can't stick with only one genre or one band.
So I like listening to stuff from late 60's/70's, cheesy 80's pop songs, late 90's rock (I liked greenday and offspring, I really don't listen to it much nowadays).
I really do not listen to hip-hop/rap or heavy metal/punk and also much of pop music is kind of terrible (including k-pop).

Also, Bach for life and I actually know about many of the works of known composers.

tumblr_mtsna67lPB1qjnoe5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtt9i0Ooh41sbis56o1_1280.jpg

Pendulum

I would like to think my musical tastes are varied (yes, even classical, Peru, so put that meme image down. Dvorak's No. 9 is my favourite symphony - I spent a lot of time with my grandfather growing up, and he would play classics non-stop in his workshop).

Genres I've fallen into and revisit have obviously been built up around moods or activities throughout my life. From Jazz and Swing (I learnt to swing dance) to 60s and 70s rock/blues (My Dad blasting out J.J. Cale, Clapton, etc) to 80s pop (music videos on a Saturday morning as a kid was influential for me) to 90s grunge and indie, 80s/90s hip hop and breakbeat (happy to have been able, as an Australian, to see Run DMC, Beastie Boys, and Public Enemy in concert), to late 90s/2000's electronic/trance (university raves were awesome) and on to nu jazz, grime, Japanese electronica, and so on. I fell into K-Pop when I needed something fun and upbeat after facing some hospital time.

-------

New BTS Girl's Day video with Minah and Sojin.

Love & War 2, featuring Yura, translated and uploaded by KBS.

Minah has been cast in the movie "I Lend You My Father".

The movie revolves around an unemployed father whose bruised pride persuades him to turn over a new leaf after he discovers that his daughter tried to auction him off on a website.

On September 27, the movie cast and crew had a press conference at the CGI Center, where actor Jo Jae Yoon made everyone laugh when he said, "I survived after working with Suzy and UEE."

He continued, "I worked with UEE and Suzy, and now I feel like I will be a couple with Minah in the movie. In the production, I am 19 years older than her. Even in reality, there is a 19 year age difference. Minah calls me oppa, which makes me hesitant and nervous," causing more laughter.

Minah also commented, "Everyone's working hard to create a very good movie. I'll do my best to make sure it's a fun and touching film as well."

-------

tumblr_mtpb566rp11qepc6qo2_250.gif

Top Bottom