• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Lmao idk why but that shit is so damn catchy.

I actually just went through their mini just now and it's actually pretty good?

It's pure bubblegum pop with a surprisingly decent ballad thrown in.

I'm legit surprised that it's good lol.

Pendulum

7oLv1wB.jpg
fsqXUfn.jpg
lSOJYAS.jpg
vkUYHXH.jpg
xYNhhvU.jpg
r0l4KNt.jpg
PyLjDSa.jpg
mzJpWlc.jpg
KeCMo4i.jpg
2WGb4ya.jpg
dWf4TZR.jpg
JWkBh6L.jpg

idVlCU8.jpg

EvoL?

That name rings a bell but I can't say I remember anything they've released.

Is she Kore-Am or something? Her English in Desperado is waaaaay too good to be a local lol.

Either way Galaxy, Wish and Desperado are some good shit. Hope she gets more popular and keeps releasing the good shit.

llehuty

I also had no idea about Hayana's solo career. I really enjoyed their debut mini (released around the same time I got into kpop).
Let me explode was the highlight for me.

Both Evol and Topp Dogg were very interesting groups, but Stardom Entertainment has to be one of the worst kpop companies ever. No clue about how to promote them.

Boss Mog

Been a while since I popped in here. Just wanted to say Gashina is amazing and that I'm looking forward to The Unit and Mix Nine next month. Although I just read Chanmi, the one from PD101, not AOA's nugu maknae, is gonna be on Mix Nine. First I was disappointed but then I thought maybe I'll get to enjoy some scenes like this:
0yMfhbA.gif

#FuckOffChanmi

Boss Mog

Glad she is not there in the Unit. Need my flop nugus that really deserve a 2nd chance to shine.

At some point she needs to realize that she's not talented enough nor pretty enough to be an idol, not to mention that her cocky shitty attitude will never help her. Hope this will be the last we see of her, I'm still questioning why YG wanted her, is it really cause he thinks she's good (doubt it) or is it just to boost ratings for the show?

llehuty

[MV] APRIL(에이프릴) - 손을 잡아줘 (Take My Hand) Music Video
This is 101 Gfriend, but damn those synth stabs are great and give a really cool vibe to the song.

In other related April news, former member (and visual) of April, Hyunjoo will be part of The Unit. At this rate we are going to need a 4 hour long first episode. I guess recording must begin soon, since the show will begin airing in one month.

Boss★Moogle;249412761 said:
At some point she needs to realize that she's not talented enough nor pretty enough to be an idol, not to mention that her cocky shitty attitude will never help her. Hope this will be the last we see of her, I'm still questioning why YG wanted her, is it really cause he thinks she's good (doubt it) or is it just to boost ratings for the show?

There is potential for a good redemption arc, sob story out of Chanmi, though. I don't like the girl, but I'm going to assume mnet edited her too be the villain of the season. I still don't really know the dynamics of the YG show? Are they making temporal/permanent groups? Or is just a showcase type of thing?

Pendulum

I still don't really know the dynamics of the YG show? Are they making temporal/permanent groups? Or is just a showcase type of thing?
It's definitely not permanent (as an aside, apparently some Loona members (Loona 1/3?) are joining the show). Meant to ultimately be a team of 9 boys vs team of 9 girls, so I don't know if this is a showcase thing post-television or what.

PInk Tape

Banned
I want someone to release a T-ara esque EDM bop. The last group (that I'm aware of pls send links my way if I'm wrong lol) is D-holic and that was last year ;___;

Boss Mog

There is potential for a good redemption arc, sob story out of Chanmi, though. I don't like the girl, but I'm going to assume mnet edited her too be the villain of the season. I still don't really know the dynamics of the YG show? Are they making temporal/permanent groups? Or is just a showcase type of thing?

Yeah MNET definitely edited PD101 to make her the villain but to be fair she set herself up for it by being cocky and going straight for the Number 1 chair when all the contestants gathered for the first time. She acted like she was top dog and couldn't back it up with her skills, so she kinda deserved it to be honest. She totally fucked up her showcase parts in the ITNW performance while Yeonjung hit all the notes perfectly and then some. The sad part is that Chanmi's group was voted the winner, I know it's because Somi was in it but it's still fucked up, Yeonjung's group were really robbed there.

As for Mix Nine it looks like trainees will compete individually at first and the top 9 girls will form a group that will go head to head with a group made up of the top 9 guys.

What times does Odd Eye Circle drop?

I need it in my veins already. And hopefully we’ll get a signed CD coz I’m in lol.

Her birth name is Christine Yoon.

Apparently she’s from Australia unless I read it wrong.

Either way, Desperado is one of my surprise hits this year. It just goes hard and it’s awesome lol.

No No Eul

BP Rania promoting their FAR SUPERIOR b-side from the latest mini.

Breathe heavy - BP Rania

They've released an official performance MV:

[Special performance] BP RANIA (BP 라니아) "Refresh 7th" - Breathe Heavy

The chorus is sublime. It's just a shame that the section that follows immediately afterwards is utter garbage.

In other related April news, former member (and visual) of April, Hyunjoo will be part of The Unit. At this rate we are going to need a 4 hour long first episode.

Seriously, and it'll probably still be a bloodbath in terms of people getting edited out.

Cmagus

Not feeling the new BTS album at all, Pied Piper is alright but it's kind of boring overall. Doesn't surprise me though since The Chainsmokers had their hand in some of the tracks lol.Doesn't really matter though they've already topped the Canadian iTunes charts and I'm sure others so they'll be just fine.

llehuty

Not feeling the new BTS album at all, Pied Piper is alright but it's kind of boring overall. Doesn't surprise me though since The Chainsmokers had their hand in some of the tracks lol.Doesn't really matter though they've already topped the Canadian iTunes charts and I'm sure others so they'll be just fine.
I believe the chainsuckers only worked on one of the trucks. Haven't checked the album, but the title track had a lot of potential.

Need another comeback before Christmas

Cmagus

I believe the chainsuckers only worked on one of the trucks. Haven't checked the album, but the title track had a lot of potential.

Like it's not a terrible album by any means it's just kind of boring. DNA and Outro: her isn't bad and Pied Piper is really good. The two rap songs are kind of lame imo, one is full of some awful auto tune stuff and the other just sounds like a generic American rap song. I'm gonna give it a few more listens so I may change my mind but I just kind of wish it had that Not Today type of track.

This line for KARD wraps around the block
Oh are you going to one of their shows? if so have fun it should be a good time I would imagine.

I actually really like the new BTS album. It took a few listens but all the songs really grew on me, and the lyrics really elevated a few of them for me too, especially MIC Drop. I'm not the biggest fan of the song they collaborated with The Chainsmokers on, but it's a fine song overall, and I enjoy certain parts of it. I can see why the album is getting a mixed reaction though. Wings is still their best work, but I appreciate the fact that they keep choosing to experiment and take risks with their sound.

Aw shit here we go!

LOONA/ODD EYE CIRCLE - Girl Front

Lawwwwd, Lip in denim is the best.

Song is fantastic too.

I thought I wouldn't like it coz it sounds too bright and cheery, a total contrast to Eclipse or SITR but it just works so well... it sounds so damn refreshing for some reason. I feel like I'm bathing in some Old Spice when I listen to it lol.

The only thing I wish this had was a LCM bass drop... they keep teasing and teasing us but we don't get it at all. :(

LOONA/ODD EYE CIRCLE just closed out the summer and your faves could never.

Quick review of the Mix & Match EP:

Odd - Feel like this should've been merged with Girl Front tbh like the teaser... 4/5

Girl Front - Thoughts a post or two above... 5/5

Loonatic - The drowned out vocals sound interesting but the vocals are drowned out and I don't really get it besides enjoying the lush instrumental. 3.5/5

Chaotic - SOTY candidate right here. It sounds alright in the verses but when the pre-chorus kicks in and goes straight into the chorus... daaaaaamnn son. If this doesn't SOTY for me, it's definitely the R&B SOTY at least. This thing is fucking amazing. So glad it didn't go to BBC's boygroup. 6/5
Kim Lip has my heart off time.

Starlight - Another R&B track... feels like it wants to be a panty dropper but it never gets there imo. 4.5/5

Pendulum

New investigation-based variety show from Jo Hyo Jin and Jang Hyuk Jae (apparently airing on Netflix?) starring:
Yoo Jae Suk
Lee Kwang Soo
Ahn Jae Wook
Park Min Young
Kim Jong Min
EXO's Suho
Gugudan's Sejeong

---

"Girl Front" is ok. Didn't get me grooving like "Eclipse" and "Singing in the Rain". I do appreciate the blending of styles that goes along with the concept.

llehuty

I reaffirm what I said when I was released, Red Velvet's Red Flavor was the song of the summer. I'm so happy that it also has been performing really well on the charts.

"Girl Front" is ok. Didn't get me grooving like "Eclipse" and "Singing in the Rain". I do appreciate the blending of styles that goes along with the concept.
Co-signed.

PInk Tape

Banned

Honestly, that remixed Momoland song wasn't half bad. Auntie Hwang's song is freaking amazing tho.

Thanks for hooking me up ^__^

It isn't as catchy as the previous girls' singles but I still like it. The spacey sounding synths are pretty cool and I'm a fan of that eerie sounding drop they used. Though I wish they teased us with what the drop completely sounds like. That was one of the strongest parts about Choerry's single.

I also think it's cool that they seem to be attaching the girls to the colors they were assigned throughout the MV. Kind of like how SM does for Red Velvet.

Top Bottom