• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

No No Eul

DLZPKLyXcAA4sLG.jpg:large

If only.

llehuty

First time enjoying properly new Twice's song (aka, watching the video).

All the visuals in the world.

The way J-line goes one after the other for maximum overkill.

The absolutely fantastic and cute choreography.

What a treat.

Ryan_MSF

First time enjoying properly new Twice's song (aka, watching the video).

All the visuals in the world.

The way J-line goes one after the other for maximum overkill.

The absolutely fantastic and cute choreography.

What a treat.

I'm so glad i'm not alone in this haha. It always feels as though TWICE comebacks since Knock Knock have been incredibly divisive, though I've enjoyed pretty much most things they've released so far, they always seem to come with something incredibly catchy which gets stuck in my head almost immediately!

I just finished watching my first K-drama. Watched Strong Women Do Bongsoon. I just binged all 16 episodes in like 2-3 days.

I seriously just want to know though. How is it possible for Park Boyoung to be so unfathomably cute. Like that shit was not even fair, how can a human be that adorable.

Ym1r

I just finished watching my first K-drama. Watched Strong Women Do Bongsoon. I just binged all 16 episodes in like 2-3 days.

I seriously just want to know though. How is it possible for Park Boyoung to be so unfathomably cute. Like that shit was not even fair, how can a human be that adorable.

U should watch Oh My Ghostess too, she was so cute in that.

Blackpink x GQ Japan
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/916292669369851904/pu/pl/428x640/5BhbwIgHwgfTiQgm.m3u8
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ0vFWxnPSe/
https://gqjapan.jp/magazine/next/20171003/blackpink-meets-gq

https://twitter.com/GQJAPAN/status/915899476925190144
https://twitter.com/GQJAPAN/status/915899198838538240

R1920x0

LAY 레이 'SHEEP (羊)' MV

Well at least the choreography's good. Although I appreciate the absurdity of the concept.

I Need U is definitely the better single of the two.
To be expected, really. Lay has been a top tier dancer since day one.

Shame he has no interest in performing with Exo.

I may struggle to identify Luda from time to time but even I can see that something weird is going on here.
The producers have spliced together at least two separate pieces of footage from the girls sitting down to discuss the performance. Seating arrangements are:

L-R: Eunseo, Yeorum, Cheng Xiao, Xuan Yi, Luda, Dayoung, Dawon

L-R: Luda, Xuan Yi, Yeorum, Eunseo, Cheng Xiao, Dayoung, Dawon

They have either stood and moved about, or were possibly placed in one or both arrangements for staging purposes (1st option, most likely).

Producers opted to alternate between the two arrangements to create the flow and feel of conversation in the order they want, overlaying audio where needed and grabbing random closeup reactions from either seating arrangement.

R1920x0

No No Eul

Oh sure. It just amused me that the editor was alternating between shots of Luda and Dayoung on one side of the room and Luda and Xuan Yi on the other. It sort of fits the narrative that there are so many members in WJSN that it's hard to keep track of them all.
A narrative I like to perpetuate wherever possible. :p

Wabi

Neo Member
Oh My Ghostess is rlly good, by kdrama standards.

I cried like a little bitch at the end. That shit was so sad.

llehuty

Soshigate back on full force.

According to a report: (via reddit)

• SNSD will not return as a full group
  • Taeyeon, Yoona, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny reportedly re-sign with SM Entertainment while Sooyoung, Seohyun, Tiffany did not re-sign after a long period of discussions
  • Tiffany wants to study abroad and make her advancement overseas
  • Seohyun and Sooyoung want to focus of acting in musicals, dramas, movies, etc. Because of their future goals, they decided not to re-sign

Waiting for SMs official statement.

Edit: SM Entertainment confirms there are members who have ended their contracts with the company. SM: "The members do not think of disbandment at all. SNSD is a valuable and meaningful group for both SM and their fans. But since there are members who have ended their contracts, we will discuss with the remaining members about the future direction of SNSD and proceed with caution."

No way Girls Generation survives with only Taeyeon, Yoona, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny; it would be "the Taeyeon show" which in some part, it already was, but it wouldn't make no sense to push it when she can be fine as a solo artist.

Edit 2: Gayos this year are going to be so depressing . And as a side note, apparently MAMA awards this year are going to last for 4 days with 3 different cities involved.
2017 MAMA will start at Hoa Binh Theater in Vietnam on November 25, Yokohama Arena in Japan on November 29, W Hotel in Hong Kong on November 30, then AsiaWorld-Expo Arena in Hong Kong on December 1.

luso

Well, this day would arrive soon or later.
The true end of an era. T_T
But what a decade it was!

”SNSD is a valuable and meaningful group for both SM and their fans". For fans yes, apparently not so much for SM - why the 3 days for the 10th anniversary promotions, SM!?
And with enough effort surely the deals will be good for everyone on both sides!

I would prefer SNSD to stop for good instead of a crippled version. Hopefully the remaining SM members will understand this. Unless there's a miracle to allow them to reunite for gigs...

Actually, I was expecting also to Yuri to get out of SM until some time ago (given the actor line getting out). But then rumors for a Yuri solo is arriving. Taeyeon expected to stay (homie girl). And Yoona deal must be too good for her. Sooyoung, Seohyun clearly going seriously for acting/musical careers, I believe staying in SM could limit their choices and being attached to SM label name, even if other doors could stay opened. And Sooyoung will marry soon, maybe that's a factor too. Tiffany, maybe for solo USA career? Sunny and Hyoyeon have less leverage so they probably played for safe side.
Most important of all, even if they chose different paths, they are in good terms (apparently) and will stay in touch. And certainly they chose what is the best for their careers and personal goals. Good luck to all!

And I had the luck to see them (as 9) so at least I don't have any regrets.

Pendulum

Their releases over the past couple of years being sub-par combined with me expecting it
Still wondering whether we'll get a soft or hard break up to SNSD later this year
has prepared me for this, but still got a little eyes wide moment at the confirmation. Thanks for the music and the laughs, SNSD.
See you in dramas, Yoona/Seohyun/Sooyoung. See you during a solo career,
Taeyeon. See you on variety/panel shows, Sunny. See you maybe here and there Yuri/Hyoyeon. See you I don't know when Tiffany but I really hope it's not for a 2nd-rate-vocals-over-club-beat-debut-for-the-US-market after studies are completed. See you all in 10 years for a reunion album
Will the new ex-members now catch up with Jessica at some point?

Also, um, SM... f(x)?

I can understand Tiffany and Sooyoung decision, but Seohyun?

Anyway, rip snsd : (

rip tts

Seohyun hates SM, these are all the members i expected to leave, the only one missing from my list was Yuri who clearly negotiated till the final days of her contract and changed her mind.

This is overall what i expected to happen, we'll see in 2 years from now if they managed to pull off an SNSD comeback since all the parts involved know it's worth the effort.
If there is a group who can actually do that, that's SNSD.

TTS?
bla bla, they're already dead for years.

great run tho, unique group

lol

Peru

Salute!

It's easier to accept when their activities are few and far between, but still.. they could've kept going from a commercial standpoint for sure, the physical sales of their last album were huge. But it's pretty clear neither party saw it as a priority at this point.

They heralded the k-pop peak nationally and internationally and will definitely remain the k-pop group I followed the closest at my most obsessed.

Who will challenge Perfume for the longest continuously running girl group crown?

llehuty

I was going to make a joke about where is the rushed Red Velvet comeback announcement, but I guess they are going with Taemin this time around:
TAEMIN 태민 Teaser Clip #1

This is overall what i expected to happen, we'll see in 2 years from now if they managed to pull off an SNSD comeback since all the parts involved know it's worth the effort.
If there is a group who can actually do that, that's SNSD.

lol, are you talking about the company that doesn't even let Sica set a foot on a music show? Members that didn't renew contracts are done in the traditional kpop run. A SES type of comeback in 10 years could be in the cards, but that's it. No way SM will let and support artists that leave the company; they already struggle a lot trying to keep the full lineups of their group as it is.

Niks

Yup, no way SNSD survives with only 5 members.

Surprised Yoona re-signed. I guess she got offered lots of money.

lol, are you talking about the company that doesn't even let Sica set a foot on a music show? Members that didn't renew contracts are done in the traditional kpop run. A SES type of comeback in 10 years could be in the cards, but that's it. No way SM will let and support artists that leave the company; they already struggle a lot trying to keep the full lineups of their group as it is.

Completely different situations. That's why.

Getting SNSD back together is more valuable for SM than all the other parts, the problem won't be them but rather the other agencies. SM will get the biggest cut of all that money, there's no way around it. You can bet that the whole drama around the renewals was the girls trying to secure/negotiate this because contraty to what Sica did, they know they need SNSD in some form no matter what they do solo.

If your point is that they're so dumb to not let it happen even thought it's more benefitial for them than everybody else, then yeah, it could totally happen too.

llehuty

Completely different situations. That's why.

Getting SNSD back together is more valuable for SM than all the other parts, the problem won't be them but rather the other agencies. SM will get the biggest cut of all that money, there's no way around it. You can bet that the whole drama around the renewals was the girls trying to secure/negotiate this because contraty to what Sica did, they know they need SNSD in some form no matter what they do solo.

If your point is that they're so dumb to not let it happen even thought it's more benefitial for them than everybody else, then yeah, it could totally happen too.

The same way we had TVXQ or EXO reunion, right?. I could see one of the ex-members getting a random SM station track or featuring, but don't think we are going to see them together because of all the actors involved in it (wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls on both sides are also over it, and ready to move on).

The same way we had TVXQ or EXO reunion, right?. I could see one of the ex-members getting a random SM station track or featuring, but don't think we are going to see them together because of all the actors involved in it (wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls on both sides are also over it, and ready to move on).

You're still comparing completely different situations lol.

llehuty

You're still comparing completely different situations lol.

Don't you still see a pattern? People leaving the company and not being seen again in the music scene in korea? And this could be as ugly as the other cases, but for SNSD's break up, it seems like all parts have actually done a decent PR work to cause the less damage.

Also, we haven't heard anything from the other side yet, didn't you just say Seohyun hates SM?

I totally support they’re own decisions but man that’s a tough pill to swallow.

I mean we already went through this with Sica leaving but going through it again? Nah... especially when two of my faves are the ones leaving.

I’ve got a feeling Fany left not for her studies, although that’s a factor, but that Snapchat filter scandal pretty much killed any goodwill she had imo. The way Running Man and Knowing Brothers gave her as little screen time as possible, is evidence enough that she’s not wanted.

Syoung leaving is a surprise coz I honestly don’t see her in anything else, besides getting hitched.

Seobot on the other hand was expected and this is the toughest pill imo. She was sorta the glue for SNSD and without her, I don’t think there’s really anything special anymore with the group.

Oh well... at least we have Loona, Chungha, Dreamcatcher, Gugudan, and whoever else to take over the mantle.

Don't you still see a pattern? People leaving the company and not being seen again in the music scene in korea? And this could be as ugly as the other cases, but for SNSD's break up, it seems like all parts have actually done a decent PR work to cause the less damage.

Also, we haven't heard anything from the other side yet, didn't you just say Seohyun hates SM?

The only pattern i see is that every single person you mentioned left SM in bad terms through fighting using lawyers, it's absolutely dumb to compare it.

We won't know 100% sure till 2 years from now but from the start they are way different situations.

I've got a feeling Fany left not for her studies, although that's a factor, but that Snapchat filter scandal pretty much killed any goodwill she had imo. The way Running Man and Knowing Brothers gave her as little screen time as possible, is evidence enough that she's not wanted.

Syoung leaving is a surprise coz I honestly don't see her in anything else, besides getting hitched.

Seobot on the other hand was expected and this is the toughest pill imo. She was sorta the glue for SNSD and without her, I don't think there's really anything special anymore with the group.

Oh well... at least we have Loona, Chungha, Dreamcatcher, Gugudan, and whoever else to take over the mantle.

When Sunny thanked Sooyoung for being in SNSD at the fanmeet it was quite confirmed she was leaving.

Same as Yuri seen with her parents during the days the whole drama started, i'm actually surprised she changed her mind.

I expected Fany to try to make it in the US in some way, singing, fashion, acting, whatever, and the flag gate + how SM handle it was clearly the confirmation for her to make the move.

It's no news that Seolady has been quite frustrated with SM due her lack of solo activities, she barely had any and only started getting them since 2014 till now, she's even been vocal to work with other companies, it was written on the wall a long time ago.

Clipse

RIP in peace, SNSD. Sooyoung leaving isn’t a big loss, but both Seohyun and Tiffany? Damn.

At least my 2 favorite members (Taeyeon and Yoona) won’t be on the SM blacklist since they re-signed.

Top Bottom