• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

DamnBoxes

f3Wp0SM.gif

^Ugh, spoiler that shit.

Better yet, somebody go fire Seulgi's stylist.

I want to throw up after seeing that mess.

Anyway, can any of you AIDs create a DIA primer if possible?

I figured if I'm gonna go down this rabbit hole, I might as well try to see what the group has to offer lol.

Just look to the right.

I'm trying to but it's so overpowering, I can't take my eyes off the trainwreck lol.

EDIT:

Newest Davichi is sooooooo gooood.

I really hate that it ends abruptly and without a cadence/resolution... I feel like I've been left hanging every single time it ends. :(

llehuty

Playback will finally have a comeback on the 28th, pre release track on the 20th.

I think they will be part of Mixnine too, so I guess the format is more relaxed than the one of the Unit if they are allowed to promote in the meantime.

gugudan comeback with a single the 8th of November.

Why would these groups decide to take their time to make a comeback and still manage to schedule it next to Wanna One, Twice and EXID's?

llehuty

A.C.E(에이스) - Callin' MV Teaser
Happy they are sticking with the hardstyle

They are releasing an english version of Loonatic. I will be honest, I don't like the song, but I'm in for the MV and teaser pics.

Oh Hyuk
Kim Jong Wan (Nell)
IU
Crush
Suhyun (AKMU)

TWICE [One More Time] (Live performance)

[더 유닛] 첫 미션 합숙 현장 공개 (The Unit - Behind the scenes at the first mission training camp)
Woohee and Serri <3. Black team, best team.

Finally someone not sleeping on this. :D

I like tembetter when are doing more upbeat music. Vocal work is top notch, as always.

llehuty

TWICE - LUV ME
Is the B-side from the JP single. It's allright, very jpopy.

Did anyone watch the Idolmaster KR drama? I just realized is available in Amazon Prime Video, watched the first episode and it looks ok. Plenty of cliches and you can tell how some of the plots are going to develop and the inevitable bloat (no way they have the material or talent to make 24 episodes work).

Did anyone watch until the end? Does it have a satisfying run/ending?

Did anyone watch the Idolmaster KR drama? I just realized is available in Amazon Prime Video, watched the first episode and it looks ok. Plenty of cliches and you can tell how some of the plots are going to develop and the inevitable bloat (no way they have the material or talent to make 24 episodes work).

Did anyone watch until the end? Does it have a satisfying run/ending?
I watched the first couple episodes but didn't stick with it. Show was better than I thought anything like that would be but haven't ever really felt any need to go back and watch the rest.

Suji, Jane and Sori are in it though so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ and apparently Coco appears as a DJ or something at some point.

A.C.E will be promoting right throughout The Unit as well. That teaser gives me the hope that it's not just a slow song.

Dal Shabet is also performing here and there so not sure how much filming is being done for the show. I wonder why Subin backed out since she's not in Thailand, but maybe she has a schedule later that would conflict. I guess it's nice of her to give the center position to Euijin.

I've been going through the 'behind the scenes' video of The Unit and did spot at least one Top Secret member, the group that I thought got fully eliminated. And it's the visual &#129300;
Still rooting for him.

Black teams look good on both sides. Boys have A.C.E & Snuper. Girls have Dal Shabet. Can't friggin' wait.

llehuty

Suji, Jane and Sori are in it though so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ and apparently Coco appears as a DJ or something at some point.
I'm not going to lie, the cute factor will help if I gothrough the 24 episodes. Also, Suji is really out acting the rest of the girls, hard; not surprised she landed the main role. The rest of the girls are fine so far, I guess?

Youngjoo seems to have some important role, but she is quite one note so far (I know they are setting a redemption arc and now she needs to be "defeated", but damn it's boring). Mint just showed up for 5 seconds and I already want her out of the show. I guess they were after some Thai following but meh. The rest of the girls have been, so far, stereotypes.

Also, the potential "love" plotline looks all kinds of creepy and I hope they drop it (they probably won't, since they have all those weebs already in with the name of the show and they probably like that shit).I would love a show with this premise, but actually going after the dark side of the industry (I would be suprised if not all the girls or at least, the main ones, don't "reach their dreams"). They should just probably make a whole series based on the history of 9Muses or something, taking asa blueprint the documentary.

Anyway, to finish the 2nd ep.

Dal Shabet is also performing here and there so not sure how much filming is being done for the show. I wonder why Subin backed out since she's not in Thailand, but maybe she has a schedule later that would conflict. I guess it's nice of her to give the center position to Euijin.
asiuharezoieroidjfosdf
You didn't lie, though.
I guess KBS had to leave room for pararel promotions to get all those idols to the auditions. All tese small companies are probably banking on a Nu'est type of rise in popularity, so having fresh material out will definitely help.

Also, the potential "love" plotline looks all kinds of creepy and I hope they drop it (they probably won't, since they have all those weebs already in with the name of the show and they probably like that shit).I would love a show with this premise, but actually going after the dark side of the industry (I would be suprised if not all the girls or at least, the main ones, don't "reach their dreams"). They should just probably make a whole series based on the history of 9Muses or something, taking asa blueprint the documentary.
Yeah I’m pretty sure the show was being aimed at an international audience and was just Amazon’s attempt at trying to tap into the popularity of an existing poperty and the growing popularity of K-Pop worldwide. It was never going to be a serious look into the industry.

From what I’ve gathered from following Suji, Jane and Sori on instagram they were more popular in Japan than Korea, which I suppose shouldn’t really be a surprise.

On my way to meet the J-trinity lol.

WRFRX84h.jpg

There's another poster there that has 8.2 and IIRC Japan doesn't use a crazy date formatting system so I assume the picture that was taken to use for the GTS' photo mode was taken around August.

llehuty

At first I thought it was BTS Jimin and I was like, meh. But then I enter reddit and... WTF

Who would listen to AOA's Jimin for the length of an album? She better have some A list guests and production, because... damn...

On my way to meet the J-trinity lol.

WRFRX84h.jpg

There's another poster there that has 8.2 and IIRC Japan doesn't use a crazy date formatting system so I assume the picture that was taken to use for the GTS' photo mode was taken around August.
That poster showed up in Shibuya around February (it was the last quoted picture, now it's gone). So I don't know how long it lasted there, but I would be suprised if it was until August.

llehuty

TWICE One More Time becomes the highest first-day K-pop Girl Group release of all time on Oricon (Japanese charts)
iyd7bbdakksz.png

Happy for them, but this will probably push the group to focus in the more lucrative Japanese market. Hope they will manage to balance both.

[Teaser] LIAH - All In
I already knew Areia was a class act but... lmao.

Boss&#9733;Moogle;252378801 said:
JYP sitting like he's at the strip club

lmao

That poster showed up in Shibuya around February (it was the last quoted picture, now it's gone). So I don't know how long it lasted there, but I would be suprised if it was until August.

TIL Japan also use the weird date formatting where the date is first then the month.

Boss&#9733;Moogle;252378801 said:
JYP sitting like he's at the strip club

Fuuuuuuu....

Thanks I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard at work.

Kuno

Anybody here remember So Yumi? She's a former member of Kiss&Cry (Domino Game), and before that, VNT (Sound (Ye Ye Ye)).

After leaving Kiss&Cry she had a solo trot single called Shake Me Up that I actually really liked. Well I just noticed today that she released another trot single recently, "&#47931;&#51648; &#47568;&#44256; &#54644;&#50836;" ("Don't Ask"). Unfortunately I don't like this single as much but at least she's continuing to put out music.

There's no MV, but there are a few fancams on YouTube:
170929 &#49548;&#50976;&#48120;-&#47931;&#51648; &#47568;&#44256; &#54644;&#50836; [&#51473;&#44397;&#51064;&#50976;&#54617;&#49373;&#54168;&#49828;&#54000;&#48268;] &#51649;&#52896; by &#54252;&#50640;&#48260;

llehuty

comeback haircut changes strike again. Jihyo and Sana look super different, and RIP Nayeon

Odd Eye Circle repackkkkkk.

Anybody here remember So Yumi? She's a former member of Kiss&Cry (Domino Game), and before that, VNT (Sound (Ye Ye Ye)).

After leaving Kiss&Cry she had a solo trot single called Shake Me Up that I actually really liked. Well I just noticed today that she released another trot single recently, "&#47931;&#51648; &#47568;&#44256; &#54644;&#50836;" ("Don't Ask"). Unfortunately I don't like this single as much but at least she's continuing to put out music.

There's no MV, but there are a few fancams on YouTube:
170929 &#49548;&#50976;&#48120;-&#47931;&#51648; &#47568;&#44256; &#54644;&#50836; [&#51473;&#44397;&#51064;&#50976;&#54617;&#49373;&#54168;&#49828;&#54000;&#48268;] &#51649;&#52896; by &#54252;&#50640;&#48260;
I definitely remember Kiss&Cry. No idea about her, but you are right, her older song is way better (99% of it is probably due to the EDM breakdown).

Boss Mog

Heo Chanmi is actually gonna debut in a new group called High Color, I predict a flop. Isn't she doing The Unit?

The Boys turns 6 today :'( Legends did that!

geobi naseo shijakjocha an hae bwattamyeon
geudaen tudeoldaeji mara jom
GG.

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

I can tell you're looking at me, I know what you see
Any closer and you'll feel the heat
GG

Man it's crazy cause I had no idea it was the anniversary and yet for some reason I was compelled to listen to it today, in all its forms including all the remixes.

Top Bottom