• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

magenta

Is the IRC still active? Haven't been there in years but I'll probably get on there unless somebody makes a Discord or something lol.

For IRC check the first post or click here

Well, I just made a discord. Quote for invite

Thanks

For a long time I've felt that this forum has slowly become a hypocritical virtue signalling dump. This was the only great community that held me back here. I look forward to meeting back up with you guys elsewhere.

Uhyve

Yep and certainly not going anywhere.

sooyoung-cyrano-gifeascl.gif

broz0rs

I think I started posting here since Genie promotions? I'm not leaving, but if this place dies it's been a fun, long ride KpopGAF. All you guys have been super cool.

Boss Mog

I think I started posting here since Genie promotions? I'm not leaving, but if this place dies it's been a fun, long ride KpopGAF. All you guys have been super cool.

I'll probably stick around too, at least for a while. I don't really feel like joining another forum at this time.

vanty

I'll give invites to those who want them as long as you aren't dokish's second alt. I don't know who of the recent requests have got an invite or not because people are using different names, but any after this post I'll sort out.

EDIT: It'll be like 24 hours from when this post was made before I can do anything since I need to sleep and work. So have some patience unless ramyeon hooks you up before then.

I'll give invites to those who want them as long as you aren't dokish's second alt. I don't know who of the recent requests have got an invite or not because people are using different names, but any after this post I'll sort out.

Can I have a discord invite? Thanks.

theJwac

Hi, an invite would be great please. Thank you.

Domaje

So kpop fans are leaving for the Evilore affair?

That's some next level irony if you realize the amount of prostitution and abuse that is present in the kpop industry...

jordisok

Pmd but dont know if it worked :(

Gintamen

Invite me please, don't want to depend on kpop reddit only.

ramyeon

Feel free to PM me for invites as well, just to take some of the burden off vanty.

Note that all invites will be time limited.

Ventus182

Neo Member

Can I have a discord invite? Thanks

Hellix

I haven't been around much but I'd like an invite still. :)

Boss Mog

So kpop fans are leaving for the Evilore affair?

That's some next level irony if you realize the amount of prostitution and abuse that is present in the kpop industry...

I think the word you're looking for is hypocrisy, not irony. And no, people that choose to leave are not hypocrites if they're following their beliefs, nor are the people that stay.

Personally I see Evilore as a separate entity to that of GAF and one that is far removed from me and that I've never had any dealings with so I don't really feel I need to be "punished" by having to leave this place (a place with good people and good Kpop discussion), for something he alone did. That being said I fully understand those who morally don't want to be associated with this place anymore nor support him financially.

What I would like to know is what do you gain by coming into a community you're not a part of to specifically provoke its members? Sure the Kpop industry is not perfect but most abuse incidents happen within small unknown companies, not the large ones, and as for prostitution, that is something the artists choose to do to independently to gain income because being a Kpop idol isn't working out for them financially. And again these a rare occurrences and not commonplace. Such abuse is much worse within Hollywood or the modeling world, yet people won't stop watching movies. While we're at it, all clothing and shoes are made by kids who are paid pennies, should we all walk around naked?

My point is there are bad things everywhere and in every aspect of life but, at the end of the day, what people choose to ignore or not is up to them and you have no business coming in here on your high horse. If you really want to go after hypocrites then go after somebody like Crossing Eden who derailed every thread he entered by over-zealously "championing" women only to not follow his beliefs and stay when his "strong" feelings on the subject should have forced him to leave. You're only a hypocrite if your actions don't align with what you say you believe. And what I've learned from people like Amir0x is that those who are the most vocal about something are often hypocrites and offenders of the very behavior that they constantly clamor offends them so much.

Domaje

I was looking around in those threads, seeing the same situation in each one of them. Than I posted in the kpop one... you are right, it was an inappropriate intervention. I'm salty because of the collapse of gaf's community. I belive that the reaction over the Evilore affair is exaggerated, but yeah that's just my opinion.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
7 years of trolls apparently holding some secret beef against us just because we like kpop and popping in or starting a thread in OT for no reason but to judge is in itself a pretty damn good reason. A gutted mod team, absurd politicized drama trying to make membership itself a statement, an army of malicious haters trying to dox normal posters, and not knowing if your whole community will be arbitrarily axed or not are some heavy incentives to leave after having just spent 3 days trying to open an alternative stable channel of contact for each other so it isn’t lost forever on someone else’s whim.

I’ve been here since the very start, and not even Evilore’s start but the original GAF before the Neo, before even UBB code. This place became insane after GG, a distinct shift both on the forum and off in the bizarre world of its dedicated critics, but at least you could mind your own business in a community thread and mostly get by in peace. That stopped being true Friday, and it is precisely because of nosy types who don’t even post here feeling they need to openly judge and bother others, as if they’re in some Stasi state where their loyalty to the perceived norm will get them better securities in life.

Don’t need it. Not here or in any alternative that might be a target for the same ridiculous mentality.

Gintamen

You're admit to be in the wrong and at fault at least. But... what's the reason to be angry about people and their sub-community that you've never been part of to begin with? oO

xlREDlx

Neo Member

EDIT: It'll be like 24 hours from when this post was made before I can do anything since I need to sleep and work. So have some patience unless ramyeon hooks you up before then.

I'd like an invite too. Lurker for years even though I never post :)

Boss Mog

I read the news about half of SNSD not re-signing, tried to go to K-Pop GAF but it was down D:

Yeah it's sad. I just hope Seohyun will still put out music from time to time; "Don't Say No" was one of my favorite tracks this year.

Boss Mog

Is anyone jumping over to the other board?
Almost everybody has moved there already it seems. I'll probably soon be the only one here. I'll debate myself and post pics just for my viewing pleasure like this one of Hani and Junghwa:
b8633f01422a573a63d02389f3666744.jpg

I'm pretty psyched about EXID's upcoming comeback.

Top Bottom