• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

NahaNago

Boss★Moogle;252881131 said:
Almost everybody has moved there already it seems. I'll probably soon be the only one here. I'll debate myself and post pics just for my viewing pleasure like this one of Hani and Junghwa:
I'm pretty psyched about EXID's upcoming comeback.

That's a nice pic. I guess i'll educate myself on EXID . I've hear the name a lot but i only ever paid attention to girls generation, t-ara, and twice and mostly twice.

Boss Mog

That's a nice pic. I guess i'll educate myself on EXID . I've hear the name a lot but i only ever paid attention to girls generation, t-ara, and twice and mostly twice.

A few of their notable songs:
Every Night
Up & Down
Ah Yeah
L.I.E

The funny thing about EXID is that Up & Down was their last chance and it didn't do well when it came out and they were about to call it quits when a fancam of Hani on Youtube went viral and made the song a hit months after it came out and so they were able to continue the group and became much more popular.

Kabuto

RIP K-Pop GAF. I used to post more often, but I always thought you guys/girls were still a great group of people. All the OPs were always great sources of music. Bye y'all and hope everyone stays cool.

Taeyeon is still a goddess and Girl's Day is still #1 Girl Group

lights

As everyone seems to have left I'll just spam pics of my biases that no one will ever see.

0c7d91921be1c757fcd6b03080a018fc.jpg

f2fc55f3e1bc1842e8844c2b1c6e3f01--t-ara-hyomin-korean-idols.jpg

3fee1605406144f9d7904acd51719f36--kpop-korean-music.jpg

5d580c3235f40fa0e71582f72c73f0cb--jeon-somi-cute-somi-jeon.jpg

gallery_523298_33834_239098.png

tumblr_ounm8sRIdL1tdsk4zo1_500.jpg

Wonder-Girls-Yubin2.jpg

laboum-ceci-2.jpg

43817191f6c28f9977d236fc270b229c.gif

JustinBB7

Kim Joo Hyuk died in a car accident, I don't know him personally but his wife was filming Running Man at the same time, and she was informed mid filming.

That car looks fucked up, how does this even happen??

Boss★Moogle;252928509 said:
The new Twice song is decent even though it kind of suffers from the same thing "Rookie" does, where the verses are great but the chorus is just repeating the title over and over.

TWICE "LIKEY" M/V

My least fav song from them so far I feel. Maybe needs a few more listens.

Boss Mog

Kim Joo Hyuk died in a car accident, I don't know him personally but his wife was filming Running Man at the same time, and she was informed mid filming.

That car looks fucked up, how does this even happen??

It looks like the car burned. Fire will get you every time even if you survive the impact. It's what happened to Paul Walker too.

So sad, I remember him from 2 days 1 night and he spoke of wanting to get married soon and have kids.

JustinBB7

Boss★Moogle;252929169 said:
It looks like the car burned. Fire will get you every time even if you survive the impact. It's what happened to Paul Walker too.

So sad, I remember him from 2 days 1 night and he spoke of wanting to get married soon and have kids.

Ah yea I guess that makes sense. Didn't think of that. I saw a comment saying the Running Man members will most likely have teased her about hew new husband during filming too. Which I totally see them doing. Not that they can expect this to happen of course but still, that must make it worse.

Boss Mog

Ah yea I guess that makes sense. Didn't think of that. I saw a comment saying the Running Man members will most likely have teased her about hew new husband during filming too. Which I totally see them doing. Not that they can expect this to happen of course but still, that must make it worse.

My guess is they won't show the episode or they'll completely edit her out.

Boss Mog

Actually it's looks like maybe he had a heart attack before his accident because if you look at this footage he kind of hits a car next to him for no reason then drives off to slam into a building, it makes zero sense. So my only guess is he had some kind of medical emergency that caused the accident.

JustinBB7

That does seem really weird. Like he had an attack or passed out and then put his foot on it and just crashed himself. Maybe in a panic? At least there is good footage so there is some insight.

broz0rs

That new Twice track made it to the front page of Reddit. I’ve always think Kpop is all about catchiness of its hook/chorus and I think this single is going to be their biggest hit yet because of it.

Boss Mog

SM says Red Velvet is planning a November comeback. I'm pretty psyched; my expectations are high though, so I hope the song is good. Also I can only pray that Seulgi doesn't have those horrible half bangs in the video or music show performances.

That new Twice track made it to the front page of Reddit. I've always think Kpop is all about catchiness of its hook/chorus and I think this single is going to be their biggest hit yet because of it.

I think the chorus is not that great though, it's just "me likey likey" over and over. The parts leading up to it, particularly Momo's part, are really good though.

NahaNago

Boss★Moogle;252898000 said:
A few of their notable songs:
Every Night
Up & Down
Ah Yeah
L.I.E

The funny thing about EXID is that Up & Down was their last chance and it didn't do well when it came out and they were about to call it quits when a fancam of Hani on Youtube went viral and made the song a hit months after it came out and so they were able to continue the group and became much more popular.

That fancam video had me looking around to make sure i had no one see me watching it.lol.

My least fav song from them so far I feel. Maybe needs a few more listens.

Yeah i'm of the same mind about the song as well.

Mau5

Boss★Moogle;252955059 said:
black-pink_1509397877_DNaKF2eWkAEQjiC.jpg

From new Justice League footage: Batman is a BLINK apparently.

This must have something to do with the region because the trailer I saw there was a skull on the screen. What if this makes the final cut of the movie though lol that would be awesome

NahaNago

Boss★Moogle;252955059 said:
black-pink_1509397877_DNaKF2eWkAEQjiC.jpg

From new Justice League footage: Batman is a BLINK apparently.

I believe that is the flash's place and yes that would be awesome if that was in the version i see.

NahaNago

I'm actually starting to like Likey but i think its because i've been watching the performances instead of the music video.

Boss Mog

2017 was a good year for Kpop, probably as good as 2016 if not better. I made a top 20 of my favorites for 2017 and since I'm pretty much the only surviving member of KpopGAF, I guess the list is the official KpopGAF 2017 list lol. I feel pretty good about my 1-10 but 11-20 was really tough, so many other songs I wanted to cram in there.

CLC - "Hobgoblin"

SISTAR - "LONELY"

Girls' Generation - "Holiday"

TWICE - "LIKEY"

Suzy - "Yes No Maybe"

Last edited:

Boss Mog

BLACKPINK - "As If It's Your Last"

Dreamcatcher - "FLY HIGH"

EXID - "Night Rather Than Day"

TAEYEON - "Fine"

Hani, Luna, Solar - "HONEY BEE"

Boss Mog

SONAMOO - "I (Knew It)"

MAMAMOO - "Yes I Am"

Dreamcatcher - "GOOD NIGHT"

SEOHYUN - "Don't Say No"

GFRIEND - "FINGERTIP"

Boss Mog

gu9udan - "A Girl Like Me"

Girls' Generation - "All Night"

Red Velvet - "Peek-A-Boo"

SUNMI - "Gashina"

Red Velvet - "Red Flavor"

Last edited:

Toudeleski

Neo Member
Laboum's Hwi Hwi and April's Mayday were some of my favorite songs of '17 (altho Shooting Love remains my favorite recent Laboum song). BLACKPINK had a really strong year. I'm surprised no mention of Bboom Bboom, I can't get it out of my head.

Boss Mog

Laboum's Hwi Hwi and April's Mayday were some of my favorite songs of '17 (altho Shooting Love remains my favorite recent Laboum song). BLACKPINK had a really strong year. I'm surprised no mention of Bboom Bboom, I can't get it out of my head.
Hwi Hwi was close to making my Top 20 for 2017.

2017 wasn't as strong as 2016 I felt for Blackpink because they only released one song; it's cool that it was featured in Justice League though. It looks as though Jennie will have to take a break from watching Netflix all day since YG is letting them out of the dungeon for a comeback in April or May.

As for Bboom Bboom it came out in 2018 so that's why it didn't make my 2017 list, but it'll probably make my 2018 list. I can't believe they're still promoting it (they were on today's Muisc Bank); it's been almost 3 months.

I have to say that the first quarter of 2018 has been insane in terms of quality releases from girl groups. I can only hope the rest of the year will be as good

Boss Mog

After waiting so long for Blackpink to make a comeback, I'm pretty disappointed by this 1st mini album. The title song sounds like it was some generic leftover from 2NE1 they had lying around. The only song I think is half-way decent on there is "Really". Well at least we got one good real Blackpink song this year; it's just a shame for Blackpink that it was PRISTIN V singing it though.

Last edited:

NahaNago

After listening to it I would have to say I liked "DDU-DU DDU-DU" the best but it was still a pretty weak mini album. I probably just liked it because of the beat/sound of it though.

edit: also it seems I have grown to like "Likey".

Last edited:

Holgren

I've been discovering lots of K-pop music recently so I'll bump this necro thread to see if there is anyone around here.

I love Blackpink: Lisa best girl

NahaNago

I never really got in to black pink that much. I've kinda strayed from kpop, I still need to watch Twice's new video.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I haven't followed Kpop too closely in 2019 except for a few comebacks of the acts I like. I get the KBS World channel and was watching Music Bank live a couple of weeks ago and saw this new group EVERGLOW. I recognized a few of them from Produce and Idol School. I thought their song was pretty good despite the heavy auto-tune. I liked it better than DALLA DALLA anyway.

24 million views for a debut video from a group from a lesser known company is pretty insane. Some of the groups I like only have like 2 million views on their videos.

Did a double take when I saw this thread back from the dead :messenger_face_screaming: My kpop thread died, so I figured all the interest was gone.

Bon Bon Chocolat is one of my favorite new songs!

I went to Newark, NJ a few weeks ago to see one of BLACKPINK's last tour shows in NA. SO WORTH IT. Everyone I know put the fear of god in me about Newark, but I made it out alive. I was on the floor - fairly close to the end of the stage's walkway - and it was so cool to look around and see all the lightsticks waving around. Seeing them in person is so surreal. They're so gorgeous!

Top Bottom