• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaitou Russou for the DS is the next phoenix wright!!!!111

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Picked this up yesterday ruseau something or other i suck at remembering names for these things. Anyway, its a graphic adventure where you play this elementary school kid (6th rader i assume) and hes a thief that steals stuff from bad people.

yeah i know not alot of info. The game uses pretty easy coloquial japanese (much easier to understand than ookami wtf) with furigana so if you are thinking about importing you hsouldnt be too worried.

Gameplay is usually, tap on certain parts of the screen to talk to people, trigger new scenes and what not. For instance in the tutorial there are 2 cops running at you and you can either tap the cop to just kind of get a zoomed in cutscene thing or you can tap the light above to swing into them and knock them over. Theres also a transform aspect to the game where you are presented with a drawing and then you have to replicate it as close as possible. The first few are easy cause they draw most of it for you, i assume as the game gets on they will give you less and less of the drawing to start with. There are other non transformation drawing part like this part where you have to draw on this panel to open a door, the game gives you 3 options to choose from and you pick one draw it and hope it opens the lock, the game then gives you grades on how well you do in these scenes. The game seems okay in the humor department, if youre reeally turned off by anime you should steer clear from this game. Its no where near as good as phoenix wright so far. But its a fun little game.

For some reason, this was the first thing I thought about..

guys2rb.png

sprsk

FoxHimself said:
For some reason, this was the first thing I thought about..

guys2rb.png

hahaha let me change the title so people actually know what im talking about.

sprsk

tissot said:
here's a Review

I want to get this game, but I don't know enough Japanese to enjoy this game.

wow hey, theres a pic in that review where the guy turned inot the statue to avoid the cops, when i played that scene i turned into a cop to avoid the cops. must mean there are multiple paths.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
sp0rsk said:
wow hey, theres a pic in that review where the guy turned inot the statue to avoid the cops, when i played that scene i turned into a cop to avoid the cops. must mean there are multiple paths.

Now that's something!

Soul4ger

Emotions said:
Any chances of this coming stateside?

Hm, let's see, Bandai Namco, support DS in North America with a game that legitimately makes use of the system's features, NAH THERE'S NO WAY IT'LL COME OUT HERE. BRING ON MORE SHOGUN WARRIORS.

Senretsu

That's a bold claim in the title you have there! But it got my attention. Sounds pretty interesting, anyone have screens or movies of this?

Emotions

Soul4ger said:
Hm, let's see, Bandai Namco, support DS in North America with a game that legitimately makes use of the system's features, NAH THERE'S NO WAY IT'LL COME OUT HERE. BRING ON MORE SHOGUN WARRIORS.

Oh, please no. The Shogun game is terrible.
I'd like Bandai Namco to localize Kaitou Russou and Trion Cube those are some neat games.
I already ordered Point Blank :D, i like these neat little original games for the DS.

melvoin

Banned
The more graphic adventure games the better. I was apparently one of the few people who found Phoenix Wright to be lacking, however. It's not even in the same league as some of the classic Infocom, Sierra, and Lucasarts games. Trace Memory was another big disappointment. Hopefully Hotel Dusk will be the game to prove Cing's worth.

Srider

Banned
I just have to say, this game blows.

It was highly anticipated on my part, but what a let down. I guess some Japanese kids would have fun with it for it's pseudo dating game elements.

Sorry sp0rsk.

Soul4ger

Srider said:
I just have to say, this game blows.

It was highly anticipated on my part, but what a let down. I guess some Japanese kids would have fun with it for it's pseudo dating game elements.

Sorry sp0rsk.

Man, you have a convincing argument there. This definitely sucks, I agree now having read your proof. Thanks for such a cogent and poignant argument.

sprsk

the title of this thread is a lie, but isnt as bad as srider thinks (i wouldnt consider it bad really)! we often have different tastes in games.

Top Bottom