Kamala Harris set to toss hat into presidential ring

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala...at-into-presidential-ring-sources-kcbs-radio/

Sen. Kamala Harris has decided to seek the 2020 Democratic nomination for president, sources close to her told KCBS Radio. She'll announce her candidacy on or around Martin Luther King Day, probably at a campaign rally in Oakland, the sources said.

Harris, 54, has been making the rounds of television talk shows and appearing at several events this week as part of a brief tour to promote her new book, "The Truths We Hold: An American Journey."

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
I actually like her, but I disagree with pretty much everything she says. My biggest fear is that in response to Trump's bumbling, there is an over correction to the left.

Sep 4, 2018
After the United States Supreme Court in Brown v. Plata (2011) declared California's prisons so overcrowded they inflicted cruel and unusual punishment, Harris fought federal court supervision, explaining "I have a client, and I don't get to choose my client."After California failed to fully implement the court's order to reduce crowding, and was ordered to implement new parole programs, lawyers for Harris appealed the decision on grounds that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool. The prisoners were earning between 8 and 37 cents per hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris#Prison_conditions_and_sentencing_reform
of course they picked MLKJr. day. perfect day to high five about how enlightened Dems are.

Jun 13, 2014
USA
Harris has done nothing with her spotlight in the Senate except sow division, and my girl Tulsi Gabbard recently called her out for her anti-Catholic bigotry with judicial nominees.

She's fine, though...

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
She is a terrible bigot, but anti-Catholicism is not on the heresy list of the modern secular left. They are 100% in line with the 1920s KKK in that respect.

I guess we will learn a lot more about her now.

I'd rather have Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter from the old NWA as president than her.

Aug 30, 2018
Kamala has zero shot. She's unattractive (yes, this matters), has a negative disposition (comes across as the bitter ex-wife type), and in what should matter most, but most people don't care -- doesn't have any notable accomplishments.

Plus in the era of #metoo, her using a sexual relationship with the mayor of SF Willie Brown to jump start her political career won't play well with the Democrat base.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Kamala has zero shot. She's unattractive (yes, this matters), has a negative disposition (comes across as the bitter ex-wife type), and in what should matter most, but most people don't care -- doesn't have any notable accomplishments.

Plus in the era of #metoo, her using a sexual relationship with the mayor of SF Willie Brown to jump start her political career won't play well with the Democrat base.
I watched friends lose their minds over Obama in 2008 when all I could see was just another politician. They didn't care because they were going to be a part of history by electing the first black man to the Oval Office. Kamala Harris is going to seize on that same audience, appealing to those that so badly wanted to break that glass ceiling in 2016, this time with the added benefit of being black and following several years of mainstream media conditioning.

Like you said, people won't care about accomplishments, it's just going to come down to the old, white man against a younger black woman. All she has to do is prevent herself from saying something stupid when getting fired up and she'll be up on that Democratic National Convention stage in July 2020. Her stance on Kavanaugh and ICE, as ridiculous as that was, will be enough to hook the progressives even though she'll be in the establishment's pocket.

Aug 30, 2018
I watched friends lose their minds over Obama in 2008 when all I could see was just another politician. They didn't care because they were going to be a part of history by electing the first black man to the Oval Office. Kamala Harris is going to seize on that same audience, appealing to those that so badly wanted to break that glass ceiling in 2016, this time with the added benefit of being black and following several years of mainstream media conditioning.

Like you said, people won't care about accomplishments, it's just going to come down to the old, white man against a younger black woman. All she has to do is prevent herself from saying something stupid when getting fired up and she'll be up on that Democratic National Convention stage in July 2020. Her stance on Kavanaugh and ICE, as ridiculous as that was, will be enough to hook the progressives even though she'll be in the establishment's pocket.
You are much more bullish on her prospects than I am, but I see how if things break right for her you'd be right on the money.

I don't think the moderate Dem is going to go for her. Also, I think she'll do super poorly with male voters.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
You are much more bullish on her prospects than I am, but I see how if things break right for her you'd be right on the money.

I don't think the moderate Dem is going to go for her. Also, I think she'll do super poorly with male voters.
Yeah, they'll be her weakest supporters, and we know how the media will write that up. There's just so much attention that has been given to women over the past couple of years, including the recent midterm elections, that it's hard for me to imagine a man coming out of that field in 2020. CNN and co. haven't pulled too many punches with Elizabeth Warren, they already hung her out to dry along with Bernie. Putting aside her fundraising, Pelosi became speaker again largely on the idea that this is a woman's time to represent the party, no man was going to dare running for that position.

I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard jump into the ring because it would give Harris an interesting opponent.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018
I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard jump into the ring because it would give Harris an interesting opponent.
Tulsi is the only Democrat that I'm pulling for. She's one of the few that hasn't lost her mind, has principles, and isn't a warhawk. I'd gladly vote for her in the upcoming primaries.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)

Your first couple points are compelling subjective.

I agree she’s not exceptionally accomplished, though.

There’s alway a chance.