• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel bad... I just completed the 5-5 part in three runs. Someone recommended bringing 2 OASW ships and that basically saved me since my Libeccio was nuked right at the beginning.

anderedna

Wow nice. Congratulations.

Which ship you bring there? 2CVB or 1CVB + 1FBB? By 2 OASW, you mean OASW (CL + DD) and a AACI DD? Did you use any support expedition?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was told to run double support (which helped get me to the boss, definitely).

And yeah, I did 2CVB + Abukuma/Libeccio with OASW setups and a duki for AACI. Basically boss support and the carriers killed everyone, and clutch Abukuma killed the sub with her final shot.

I think the two OASW thing makes sense in a way, since if you can't bring down the sub in day battle, it doesn't matter if your fleet is powerful enough to head into night battle. You're basically gambling on your CVs/boss support doing enough damage.

anderedna

Hmm, thanks. Yeah, I need to run both support expedition then.

The sub isn't a problem for me tho. Managed to kill her most of the time with Asashio KND. The problem was lack of FP during day shelling and NB, hence the need of BB. I'll run boss support then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem with the sub is that if your OASW ship gets chuha/taiha in the opening, which is what happened with one of my ships, then it's kind of over. I also screwed up and went line ahead instead of double line though. lol

angkaku.png

anderedna

First fish get :)

Collected first 4 fishes. Rewards either furniture fairy or 4 x screws... I'm torn. Reluctantly chose the screws.
2nd choice, Type-3 sonar or Searchlight or 4 x rations... Rations please (free 4 x screws. Naganami, time to cook some onigiri again)

EDIT:
2nd quest rewards: WG is back! 2nd choice: Shiden KN or Swordfish... I'm more inclined toward the Swordfish as it's not craftable. I got tons of pilots already so not that one.

Also SAGIRI!!!

IronRaven

So I manage to get a searchlight, depth charge and sonar. Is 1-5 the best place to get some fishes? And how long does this event last?

1-5 is a good way to farm, but be aware of the overfishing mechanic. Spend too much time fishing one map, and you'll be getting next to nothing.

This mini-event should last about two weeks.

Any indication or idea how long I can keep going until I hit the overfish limit? And is there a max limit for repair buckets, screws( devmats?), etc?

can't remember the general limit, but usually you'll realize it when you spent many runs on same map w/o getting any.
the secondary resource limit is 3k

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3-3 farming seems to be the least jerky. No idea what 6-5 farming is like though. It's going to be last resort for me this week.

anderedna

Only the craziest of the craziest will have 3k screws tho.

3-3 is still a pain to get the fish. Tried a bunch past few days, only to get one single saury. 1-5 is the easiest. 1-6 is a pain(by all means, don't farm here). 1-1 is okayish. Haven't tried any other maps. BTW, my 4th WG :)

anderedna

Finally, B105 done. Asashio felt it was time to finish this crazy quest and slap the Wo at night to death. Phew. Probably 20k Fuel + 20k ammo lost doing this. Not to mention 100+ buckets.
Also, hello there 5th (or 6th) Taigei...

Sigh* no luck getting any fish so far.

Try 1-1 B node, bring some DDs with sonars + depth charge + searchlight + skilled lookout (if you have it).
Also if you have CV and somehow got yourself some swordfish plane, equip her with that and go to 1-1. My Kaga got one when I was sparkling her earlier today.

Finally, B105 done. Asashio felt it was time to finish this crazy quest and slap the Wo at night to death. Phew. Probably 20k Fuel + 20k ammo lost doing this. Not to mention 100+ buckets.
Also, hello there 5th (or 6th) Taigei...

Try 1-1 B node, bring some DDs with sonars + depth charge + searchlight + skilled lookout (if you have it).
Also if you have CV and somehow got yourself some swordfish plane, equip her with that and go to 1-1. My Kaga got one when I was sparkling her earlier today.

1-1 B seems to be working for me. Manage to get 4 so far. Does those 4 also count for the saury fishing quest?

1-1 B seems to be working for me. Manage to get 4 so far. Does those 4 also count for the saury fishing quest?

yes. btw saury for the quests are cumulative. so, don't exchange the saury until you get 30 and clear the 3 quests (if possible)

eo english fork is several version lag behind the original jp version

going back to this. apparently i'm wrong. recent English fork is generally within 1 week after the original jp update. I do realize that sometimes English fork skips 1 or 2 update, and combined it later in another version. granted that i'm too lazy to crosscheck the update notes to see if the skipped jp version is just minor new features or not

IronRaven

Just as I've feared. My new PC has turned into nothing more than a Kancolle machine. Fishing has been pretty "meh" for me so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KCV is officially dead, as both the main JP version and the English fork are no longer being supported.

It's too bad. I still think it's the best way to play the game. :(

StayDead

KCV is officially dead, as both the main JP version and the English fork are no longer being supported.

It's too bad. I still think it's the best way to play the game. :(

What's going to happen, is there another viewer?

Wait, I use KC3 and that seems to be working.

eo > kc3
the only plus thing that I can think about kc3 is ppl can share around their sortie replay, and easily use since it's a chrome extension.
but being on chrome itself is eh.

I never looked at other viewer anymore after switching to eo from kcv 2 years ago. having everything in single window due to adjustable layout, separated from general browser is too good to let go
yeah my layout is boring, but eh everything important is there

I suppose if you really like kcv, probably can change to poi since it's... kinda the same? the difference that I know is the base browser used. (kcv use ie, poi is chromium-based)

anderedna

Kind of satisfied with KC3 tbh.

I used it mainly cause it chrome based, which means that I could use the same apps on different OS. When I first played KanColle, I'm on Ubuntu (work laptop, Windows on personal laptop), so the only possible option for me is the chrome based one. Kind of easy to install as well and nowadays it could be customized a little bit.

I usually drag the KC3 tab out to create a new window, so it won't mess the browser window. Put it on different workspace for Ubuntu and you could hide the game as well :)

5 more fishes to go. Teste alone fished out like 10 sauries so far from 1-1 B node. Seaplane + Seaplane + Searchlight + SONAR. Work wonders.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think KC3 is the most feature rich + user friendly. EO is almost as feature rich, but half the stuff isn't translated and it can basically take a huge amount of window space.
I haven't tried Poi.

KCV is a great standalone viewer that's compact and has most of the features found in KC3. Maybe it's just habit since I've been using it for almost 3 years, but I just like how it works. I'll miss it when it finally stops working.

(Also 1-1 hasn't given me any fish and 1-5/3-3 seem to be dead. :/)

I think KC3 is the most feature rich + user friendly. EO is almost as feature rich, but half the stuff isn't translated and it can basically take a huge amount of window space.
I haven't tried Poi.

KCV is a great standalone viewer that's compact and has most of the features found in KC3. Maybe it's just habit since I've been using it for almost 3 years, but I just like how it works. I'll miss it when it finally stops working.

(Also 1-1 hasn't given me any fish and 1-5/3-3 seem to be dead. :/)

1) pretty sure silfumus fork translated well enough. I suppose half of non translated due to nonexistent voice line subtitle, a feature that ppl like on kc3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2) it... isn't? I mean it depends on user whether they want to cram everything in single window space so that it's straight away visible like me, or just shrink as tiny as possible, or separate it into multi window.

edit: i'm surprised that I haven't seen any "friendship ended with kancolle, now azur lane is my best friend" meme yet, at least on twitter. probably there is a post or two on reddit or himeuta on that

edit 2: tbf I don't dislike kc3. it's just that since there's alternative, no matter how shitty it is i'll use it, as long as I don't stuck on using chrome. the only reason why chrome exist in my laptop is for grindblue

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1) pretty sure silfumus fork translated well enough. I suppose half of non translated due to nonexistent voice line subtitle, a feature that ppl like on kc3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2) it... isn't? I mean it depends on user whether they want to cram everything in single window space so that it's straight away visible like me, or just shrink as tiny as possible, or separate it into multi window.

edit: i'm surprised that I haven't seen any "friendship ended with kancolle, now azur lane is my best friend" meme yet, at least on twitter. probably there is a post or two on reddit or himeuta on that

edit 2: tbf I don't dislike kc3. it's just that since there's alternative, no matter how shitty it is i'll use it, as long as I don't stuck on using chrome. the only reason why chrome exist in my laptop is for grindblue

I want to try Azure Lane, but I realize I shouldn't start any more gachas. Just keep praying Kancolle Arcade gets ported in 2025 or whenever. :p

KCV is just... smoother. I'm not sure how to explain it. Back when APIs didn't expire, I actually used both EO and KCV at the same time, alternating between them because KCV didn't have the battle predictor installed back then. Because KCV is all tabbed and everything is displayed in large, clean fonts, you can basically have an unobtrusive window - right now I can play Kancolle and GBF at the same time on the same screen because they basically only take half of the screen each. I don't need to alt tab. I also like how it organizes and displays information.

KC3 offers some of that, but I would prefer not to run it in Chrome probably for the same reasons as you.

I understand Poi looks like KCV, so I may end up trying it at some point. But right now, I guess I'm just waiting for the game to update and force my hand first.

---

I did 3 runs of 6-4 F-I and got 6 fishes... 100% drop rate! lol

anderedna

*Checks 6-4 map*
F & I are air nodes with two different routing...

*Checks 6-5 map*
Oh... Will try this south route then. I need 3 more fishes to complete the last quest.
15 runs 1-5 today = 1 fish. 25 runs 1-1 today = 0 fish. 2 runs 3-3 today = 1 fish.

EDIT:
Thanks for 6-5 tip. Managed to collect 3 fishes in 2 runs. Event done :)
Time to convert those fishes into screws.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
*Checks 6-4 map*
F & I are air nodes with two different routing...

*Checks 6-5 map*
Oh... Will try this south route then. I need 3 more fishes to complete the last quest.
15 runs 1-5 today = 1 fish. 25 runs 1-1 today = 0 fish. 2 runs 3-3 today = 1 fish.

EDIT:
Thanks for 6-5 tip. Managed to collect 3 fishes in 2 runs. Event done :)
Time to convert those fishes into screws.
Oh whoops, I meant 6-5. Dope. lol

a grim reminder that fall event is lurking around....
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/s...80766149722112
Will presumably be a short event at least.

anderedna

Usually only 1 large event per year right?
Fall should be a medium one, with 4 or 5 maps (x2.5), starts on early to mid November.

No problem on resource now (300k across all 4 and 2.9k buckets). Slot is the only problem lol(again).

anderedna

"Nishimura Fleet" DD, entered the Surigao Strait: Michishio, Asagumo and Yamagumo + already kai-ni DD, Shigure.

Uhh.. Please be Yamagumo lol. I have her at 71, while Asagumo(35) and Michishio(21).
Time to powerlevel some DD I guess.

Small event for fall? Weird. Usually Winter is a small one.

anderedna

Finally cleared 5-5 this month. Hopefully no more new quest there...

30+ sorties, 10+ with DDs for Sara quest (2 boss kill) and 20 sorties with 2FBB 4CV(B) to finally clear the map. Boss node is easy but that Re node was very annoying. One hit taiha from opening torps are frequent. Also off route is a crappy mechanic there as well.

I still haven't cleared 2-5, 3-5 and 4-5 this month @.@

Owh, back to back maintenance. Great.

IronRaven

Almost 30 fish. I feel like the drop rates go down a lot by the time you reach 20+. I've been waiting over 15 hours between farming runs too.

anderedna

Almost 30 fish. I feel like the drop rates go down a lot by the time you reach 20+. I've been waiting over 15 hours between farming runs too.

Yeah last few fishes are hard to get even after 2 days of rest. I have to change map to get them.
Maybe this time there's a hard limit on how many fishes you can get from one single map and won't even regenerate.

Try 6-5 if you already unlocked that map. The south route were swimming with fishes.
I only went to a couple of maps to fish tho; 1-1, 1-5, 3-3 and 6-5.

EDIT: Quarterly 2-4 quest. After 10+ run, reached boss node thanks to compass troll. S rank and 7th Taigei get. Sign of Ryuuhou Kai Ni incoming?

Top Bottom