• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Kanye announces 2024 run AND tells blacks to NOT vote Democrat

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Christian Billionaire Genius Matthew has been calling this for a while

Kanye fleeing the plantation should scare the Democrats more than anything else.

don’t @ me

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Kanye should choose Candace Owen as his VP

The Democrats would have a nervous breakdown- they wouldn’t know how to read

“THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT AND VP AND THEYRE REPUBLICAN!!???”
Candace is a republican by convenience not by belief. She barely understands politics and only knows how to regurgitate talking points fed to her from conservative media. Kanye also doesn’t like her.

Panda1

Banned
Jan 12, 2010
Candace is a republican by convenience not by belief. She barely understands politics and only knows how to regurgitate talking points fed to her from conservative media. Kanye also doesn’t like her.
So basically like everyone else in the USA? How does this disadvantage her? Trump, Berni and Warren show to me less understanding of politics that my 6 year old niece, but that has not stopped them!

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
So like every Democrat activist there is? Candace is also way more intelligent than them

I don't know what to say about Kanye. Is he royally off his rocker, or is he the hero we need?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: CausticVenom

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
Candice Owens has absolutely destroyed everyone she has debated with in politics. She actually understands the political system and political response better than most of the career democrats. She understands where Americans values lean and what is important to them. She is not just regurgitating talking points, this post is just ridiculous.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
😂😂😂 you have to be joking, right

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
What do you mean “by convenience”?

Do you think it’s easier to be a republican?

Do you think it’s easier to be black and be a republican?

Do you think it’s easy being a republican with the entire entertainment industry, music biz, Hollywood, and college world being democrat liberals?

How is that convenient

• Fire
Reactions: Panda1

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
What do you mean “by convenience”?

Do you think it’s easier to be a republican?

Do you think it’s easier to be black and be a republican?

Do you think it’s easy being a republican with the entire entertainment industry, music biz, Hollywood, and college world being democrat liberals?

How is that convenient
because she used to be a democrat until she created a doxxing website, got called out by it, then republicans came to her defense and she switched sides. Then she got extremely popular for being a black trump supporter because there’s like 4 of them that are famous. Same with diamond and silk. They’re just branding themselves. She has no solid ideas of her own. I’ll dig up my post when I get to my computer but I outline how fake of a person she really is.

Reactions: Trojita

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
because she used to be a democrat until she created a doxxing website, got called out by it, then republicans came to her defense and she switched sides. Then she got extremely popular for being a black trump supporter because there’s like 4 of them that are famous. Same with diamond and silk. They’re just branding themselves. She has no solid ideas of her own. I’ll dig up my post when I get to my computer but I outline how fake of a person she really is.
Well, it’s not uncommon for people to be democrat when they’re younger and switch to Republican when older (making a living, having a family, after seeing the world)...etc.

That’s how EVERYONE I knew and went to high school/college with was: Democrats while in high school, Republican as an adult.

When you’re young you:
1. Want free shit...
2. Don’t know about taxes yet (your parents do)..,
3. Wanna fuck and use abortion as a form of birth control because you don’t yet realize that sex is not a right it’s a responsibility...
4. Love celebrity and celebrities and worship their idealistic but not realistic life/world
5. Get told you’re equal (you don’t yet know that you’re not)

(I can keep typing, but, you get it)

More people grow up and switch to being a Republican for the majority of their life than the other way around.

How many people are Republicans when they’re young and then grow up and become Democrats?! That’s bizarre

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
I wouldn't say she doesn't understand politics. She plays the game pretty well.

I would say, however, that her actual beliefs and principles may be questionable. But that raises the question... do we question the principles and beliefs of those who didn't always hold them?

Tulsi grew up in a conservative home and became a "Democrat." Kyrsten Sinema is a "Democrat" that's an independent thinker and the best Republican senator Arizona's had in awhile.

I would say it's okay to be skeptical though!

Reactions: Trojita

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Funny you didn't mention the doxxing site was to call out cyberbullying. Oddly enough the anti- gamergate crowd were the ones to call it out the loudest.

Last edited:

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
And there it is. The Democrats don't own her. Her switching parties is not a sign of anything but her reaching new conclusions based on new evidence and reevaluating old evidence.
in 2016, candace owned an anti-trump website, wished for the death of tea party members, said trump had a small penis, called him a racist with an immigrant wife. the site got shut down, and literally a couple months later she became a conservative. no one does a complete 180 with everything they used to believe in. she's just following the money.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
in 2016, candace owned an anti-trump website, wished for the death of tea party members, said trump had a small penis, called him a racist with an immigrant wife. the site got shut down, and literally a couple months later she became a conservative. no one does a complete 180 with everything they used to believe in. she's just following the money.
lol what're your thoughts on Warren, a former Republican?

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
lol what're your thoughts on Warren, a former Republican?
i'm not saying people can't change their political stance, but as long as it's done for the right reasons. i don't know enough about warren to find out what caused her to change her views. i'd have to do some research before i comment on her.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
i'm not saying people can't change their political stance, but as long as it's done for the right reasons. i don't know enough about warren to find out what caused her to change her views. i'd have to do some research before i comment on her.
Methinks you're too comfortable rushing into judgments about people when they aren't on your political team, then. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: A Regular Guy

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Methinks you're too comfortable rushing into judgments about people when they aren't on your political team, then. 🤷‍♀️
i'm not on a political team. every time i vote it's because of causes i believe in, not the people behind them. i just didn't know that about warren. I only got interested in candace after listening to her on the joe rogan podcast.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Do you understand what it means to have an epiphany? To change your mind?

Who cares what she said before... one of the entire points of all these related concepts of red pill, #walkaway, blexit, etc. Is that an event, or a conversation, or a book, or a passing comment makes you rethink your assumptions. Makes you look back at who you are, what you stand for, and why. Go watch some #walkaway vids. People from every walk of life talking about the moment something triggered in their brain, and then the flurry of research they did which led them to rethink their assumptions.

So as you say: "literally a couple of months later"... do you realize how much a dedicated, intelligent person can learn in 3 months? That does not negate a thing.

According to her, her project was attacked by social justice warriors and Zoe Quinn, among others. That doesn't seem surprising to me - call out culture has helped create everyone from Owens, to Peterson, to Rubin, to Pool, etc. Perhaps looking in the mirror at what her future held made her rethink everything.

You are the one judging her. I have no idea. I judge people on their words and deeds, I don't look at good deeds and try to push a narrative that they're just lying for cash. Oh, and yes, people very much do 180s on everything they believe in. All the time. Sometimes for money, sure. But not always, and to undercut someone's opinion simply because they changed their mind makes no sense. Everybody grows and learns.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
i'm not on a political team. every time i vote it's because of causes i believe in, not the people behind them. i just didn't know that about warren. I only got interested in candace after listening to her on the joe rogan podcast.
Let me guess, “you vote what you believe in.”

And of course, you don’t extend that thinking to anyone else. You are allowed to change you mind and have a full spectrum of opinions. People you disagree with clearly can’t. Aren’t you special

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
autoduelist autoduelist O oagboghi2
Just read this whole thing
There’s plenty of people I have fundamental disagreements with that I still respect. Candace is not one of them.
Huh?

That list is pure stupidity.

1. "Owens now calls the NAACP “one of the worst groups for Black people,” even though the organization helped her win a racial discrimination lawsuit"

So? Opinions change. The ACLU, for example, has gone to shit.

"BuzzFeed reported that Candace Owens was the CEO of an anti-Trump, liberal-leaning website called Degree180. "

So? She had a website with her old views before she changed her views. Big fucking deal?

"Owens said the National Rifle Association was founded as a civil rights organization that protected Black people from the KKK."

Well, that's a mouthful that's hard to parse. Notice it doesn't say 'to' protect, but 'that protected.

First off, the NRA is a civil rights organization. It protects our civil right to bear arms. Second, the right to bear has protected black people from the kkk in the past. So if we parse it that way, sure.

Did she mean to connect them more generally? Hmm. Here's an article:

That does. I haven't read the article in full. It's news to me. But just because i don't know doesn't make it false, yet your list simply states: "She never heard it before, either, because it was a lie."

Bullshit, you don't get to just call something a lie if you don't know, or don't do your research. Clearly, there are arguments that say it is, indeed true, so summarily dismissing it just makes me distrust the list maker. If she is wrong, prove it, don't just tell me she's lying.

"Back in January of this year, Owens attacked New York Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez for being “fiscally irresponsible” because the newly elected congresswoman couldn’t afford an apartment in Washington, D.C. However, reporter Nathan Bernard exposed Owens by posting a lawsuit that showed “she rented a $3,500 apartment, lived there for six months rent-free, then claimed she had gotten ‘toxic mold sickness’ and threatened to sue her landlord to avoid paying rent.”
Seriously? Even if all charges are true, she can still call AOC fiscally irresponsible.

Etc, etc.

My god. If you're going to pull up some silly list site that clearly hates Owens to 'prove' we should all hate Owens, at least pick one that does something more than slimey statements like "she sure likes money she doesn’t have to work for", uses terms like "MAGA Crazies", and generally felt like it was written by a teenage girl with a hate boner. Heck, it even lists "She said Hitler only wanted to make Germany “great again.”".

Here's a hint: if an article 'destroying' someone needs to reduce the actual quote down to two words, you can bet your bottom dollar they deleted some serious context.

Because here is the truth, which no amount of lists can change: people can change their minds. They can grow and evolve. Petty lists of past offenses written by shitty journos don't change that.

I have no idea what Candace Owens truly stands for, and can only take her words at face value. You telling me that she's fake seems more like a pathetic attempt to get me not to listen her, than it does actual criticism.

Cancel culture is vile. I do not judge people for changing their minds, if anything, i am happy they were open minded enough to rethink their convictions.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Well, it’s not uncommon for people to be democrat when they’re younger and switch to Republican when older (making a living, having a family, after seeing the world)...etc.

That’s how EVERYONE I knew and went to high school/college with was: Democrats while in high school, Republican as an adult.

When you’re young you:
1. Want free shit...
2. Don’t know about taxes yet (your parents do)..,
3. Wanna fuck and use abortion as a form of birth control because you don’t yet realize that sex is not a right it’s a responsibility...
4. Love celebrity and celebrities and worship their idealistic but not realistic life/world
5. Get told you’re equal (you don’t yet know that you’re not)

(I can keep typing, but, you get it)

More people grow up and switch to being a Republican for the majority of their life than the other way around.

How many people are Republicans when they’re young and then grow up and become Democrats?! That’s bizarre
100% true.

When someone is young, has no money, no job (or a crappy one), lives at home, and the biggest responsibility in life is listening to mom and dad to take out the garbage, it's all about being a democrat because that person has a chance of viewing the world as haves and they are a have-not.

When people get older (especially senior citizens), it changes.

People realize working for 20-40 years, paying bills, a mortgage and taking care of brats is hard, and every penny they can save on taxes helps their bank account. They've given enough during their working career.

For seniors it's even more conservative. They are retired and only have what they earned and pension/social assistance payouts to live off. They don't want the government giving away their hard earned money to losers, when they've been paying taxes into it for decades.

When someone is 40 or 50 years old and is set in their career, making money might not be the issue..... it's the cost of living and pinched by the government for another 1% here and another 1% there.

In Canada, I'd estimate 35% of my pay cheque gets nailed with deductions and roughly 3% of my annual wages goes to property tax. After that, I have food, utility bills, mortgage and everything else. And in Ontario, most stuff you buy you pay 13% tax on it.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
people change and make 180s all the time, poisonous ideologies give people withdrawal shakes when the kool aid wears off

there are no right or wrong reasons, confirmation bias bleeds into everything

MB1

Apr 30, 2019
people change and make 180s all the time, poisonous ideologies give people withdrawal shakes when the kool aid wears off

there are no right or wrong reasons, confirmation bias bleeds into everything
Nah grifters gonna grift

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Nah grifters gonna grift
people change all the time, especially after they get stabbed in the back

not saying she's authentic here or there, i don't follow candace closely enough to comment

'grifters gonna grift' doesn't mean anything unless you expand on it

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
The Democratic party is radically different than it was just three years ago. Clinton would be seen as right-wing now if she presented the same values. I can't imagine why someone like Candice would value free speech, patriotism, and stick up for her race by showing the shortcomings of the DNC in regards to results. Once you get red-pilled and you stop buying into the bullshit the media feeds you and do your own research, I can see why so many have drifted further right.

Last edited: