• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West tried working with Nintendo

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Do you even understand how music sampling and editing works?

Look it up on Youtube dude.

You take a sample, cut it down then copy-paste and mix/EQ.

Check out this bad-boy that was huge;
I probably know more about it than you do buddy, but keep on fighting the good fight. Your discography must be insane, buddy. Where is your Graduation though? Your College Dropout? Your Life of Pablo? Your MBDTF?
Only words? Well, talk is cheap, thanks for proving it, buddy.

I'm pointed out his music is mostly samples.
You doofus! Nobody claimed he doesn't use samples. It's you who sniffed too much of your own farts to think your lame BS could compare in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ionian

I probably know more about it than you do buddy, but keep on fighting the good fight. Your discography must be insane, buddy. Where is your Graduation though? Your College Dropout? Your Life of Pablo? Your MBDTF?
Only words? Well, talk is cheap, thanks for proving it, buddy.

You doofus! Nobody claimed he doesn't use samples. It's you who sniffed too much of your own farts to think your lame BS could compare in any way, shape, or form.

"I probably know more about it than you do buddy,"

Prove it. Feel free. This is stupid.

Save me Kanye! You are my only hope!

Soodanim

For best producer in his genre possibly. His production is still awful though, an 808 and a synth, haha.

I could do that on my PC decades ago with VST-s and cheap hardware.

He just copy pastes shit.

Then calls himself Jesus, I've made music dude. Just he made money.
Kanye is well and truly off the rails these days, but to deny his talent and a creator of music is foolish. Even if I don’t like most of his work (haven’t listened past the first 2 albums) I’m not going to downplay what he can and has done. Reductionism doesn’t serve anyone, in the same way that praising Yeezus is ridiculous.

There’s a good reason he could meet a rapper for the first time and end the day with 3 beats for the rapper’s album.

Read my comments again please.

I'm pointed out his music is mostly samples.

I don't think he's a "genius". Never said I was either.

As a musician you should know how this works.

Also no offense to people who do that, been happening since the 70's.

Just think he randomly rambles over other peoples work (He does)

Even that Daft Punk album is completely full of samples and is amazing.

Whoops! Pointed out the obvious, sorry about that.

I read your words again

"I could do that on my PC decades ago with VST-s and cheap hardware."

You just said you could do it, so prove it.

As a musician, I know that every style of music is different and every style takes a different type of mastery. Sample based music is no different, it's not as simple as "copy paste a sample then mix/EQ". If it was that simple, everyone would be blowing up. Kanye is regarded as one of the best in his field because he has mastered the art of sampling and crafting beats around the samples. On top of that, he has managed to stick around because he constantly changes his sound from album to album and shows artistic growth.

Maybe you're just one of those people who thinks hip hop sucks because "they just sample beats and talk over it". Cool, power to you. I'm not too keen on metal because tuning your guitars to slop, screaming and growling nonsense while playing blast beats isn't my cup of tea, but I don't discredit it as "bro it's simple you just tune down scream and hit drums fast lol". I know you have to put in practice to play that music effectively.

Lastly, if Kanye had no talent, you wouldn't have guys like McCartney and Springsteen singing his praises. Greats recognize greats even when they are worlds apart stylistically. You don't have to like Kanye, but to pretend he's a talentless hack is just straight up ignorant.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I will say this: He is a very talented artist, even maybe genius. But he’s bi-polar and it can be like one minute he makes sense and the other not know what’s going on.
That is definitely true, but we all should know by now that genius and madness lie close together.
Prove it. Feel free. This is stupid.
Yes, you are stupid, I fully agree with you on that. I don't have to prove shit, as you are the person making those disastrous claims. So again, where is your Graduation? Your College Dropout? Your Life of Pablo? Your MBDTF?

Ionian

That is definitely true, but we all should know by now that genius and madness lie close together.

Yes, you are stupid, I fully agree with you on that. I don't have to prove shit, as you are the person making those disastrous claims. So again, where is your Graduation? Your College Dropout? Your Life of Pablo? Your MBDTF?

I have them all in a different womans car.

Why am I get jumped on for this? lol

2 posters like Kanye and I think his production is shit.

End of story, didn't insult anyone. They just went bananas

LMAO (Kayne is shit for me)

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Bet she threw that shit out of the window on a random street and played some Kanye afterward.

See, you don't see me going on to the neck of Soodanim Soodanim or some randos disliking his music. That's just an opinion. No reason to get mad at that. But there is a difference between facing an opinion and completely discrediting and downplaying someone's work just for some lol's. This guy isn't Lil Pump who just happened to have a few fluke hits and is soon to be forgotten. Kanye's music will be played decades from now on. If you are really that guy and can make music of the same quality in no time as you claim, then prove it. Otherwise, you are just a bitter poser and nothing else.

Ionian

Bet she threw that shit out of the window on a random street and played some Kanye afterward.

See, you don't see me going on to the neck of Soodanim Soodanim or some randos disliking his music. That's just an opinion. No reason to get mad at that. But there is a difference between facing an opinion and completely discrediting and downplaying someone's work just for some lol's. This guy isn't Lil Pump who just happened to have a few fluke hits and is soon to be forgotten. Kanye's music will be played decades from now on. If you are really that guy and can make music of the same quality in no time as you claim, then prove it. Otherwise, you are just a bitter poser and nothing else.

OK, hope that comment made you feel better sweetheart!

Responding to your posts with counter arguments is going bananas? Whatever you say kiddo. Mash that lol emoji, it means you have nothing.

Ionian

Responding to your posts with counter arguments is going bananas? Whatever you say kiddo. Mash that lol emoji, it means you have nothing.

I said 2 posters.

Forums can be hard to read, chill-out. (For you)

I wasn't indicating you.

This is crazy.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I think people are just acknowledging that you have TERRIBLE taste in music. That's it.

Max_Po

Banned
nRjirXm.png

better?

He should get a new hair cut..

559971.jpg

mckmas8808

He isn't in the slightest, sorry to tell you.

Call this good?

He isn't even a good lyricist or producer. He just got lucky with Jay-Z.

Why would you pick Bound2 to prove your point? It's one of the best songs on that average album. Especially Uncle Charlie singing on the hook and the bridge. Are you nuts or something?

Why would you pick Bound2 to prove your point? It's one of the best songs on that average album. Especially Uncle Charlie singing on the hook and the bridge. Are you nuts or something?
Ngl, controversial for many. But yeezus is maybe my favourite album of his, and bound 2 one of my favourite songs of his. But I understand why it isn't for everyone. I loved that raw, no fucks given, vulgar era of his.

mckmas8808

Ngl, controversial for many. But yeezus is maybe my favourite album of his, and bound 2 one of my favourite songs of his. But I understand why it isn't for everyone. I loved that raw, no fucks given, vulgar era of his.

Super controversial. I LOVE 4 songs on that album to death, but thought the rest was average to bad. But I appreciate the artistic risk he takes with each album. Too bad he's off his rocker now.

Ionian

You like many others missed my point.

Was about production.

I don't care about people missing it, I shall sleep very well tonight.

I hope the others also can too and find peace in Yeezus dreamys.

Soodanim

I hear you, but fuck I shouldn’t have chosen that weird video to experience the song to. The weirdness of it detracts from the song.

I’m thinking about doing a catch up of Kanye next time I sub to a music app again. I want the albums in context.

I hear you, but fuck I shouldn’t have chosen that weird video to experience the song to. The weirdness of it detracts from the song.

I’m thinking about doing a catch up of Kanye next time I sub to a music app again. I want the albums in context.
It is definitely weird and very campy (if that's the right description). I believe the intended goal was to make it look satirical, the green screen is shit, tacky visual display, a very cheesy style with a strange choice of b-roll footage of horses and mountains, its so purposefully terrible...

“I wanted to take white trash t-shirts and make it into a video. I wanted it to look as phony as possible. I wanted the clouds to go in one direction, the mountains to go in another, the horses to go over there. I wanted to show that this is the Hunger Games. This is the type of imagery that’s being presented to all of us, the only difference is there’s a black dude in the middle of it…”​

It's almost like he's trying to make fun of the American Dream and the ideas that surround it, it's a deliberately terrible video to match a very strange song. But hey that's just my 2 cents, I'm sure for many it'll be shit either way.

What I most enjoy about his music is how there's a distinct story and style with each album, there's some great YouTube videos that you can watch before or after listening to the albums to understand the context, history, and the direction going on. They are like 30 minute videos made by YouTuber "The Most Unruly", I highly suggest you give them a watch if you're interested!!

Papacheeks

Banned
His lyrics being a mixed bag is one thing but he is definitely one of the best producers of modern times. What are you smoking?
Who cares about some shitty track he did with Lil Pump!?

Do you call this bad?

Are you fucking kidding me? Easily one of the best producers in the game. No doubt about it. Hate his arrogance, his antics, his lyrics, him fucking with the Kardashians or whatever, but when he is in his field, he knows what he is doing.

His field isn't video games. He's amazing as a artist and Producer, probably one of the best of our time. But he also is manic/bipolar, and is narcissistic as fuck. Glad Nintendo didn;t give him the time of day to be honest.

oagboghi2

I will say this: He is a very talented artist, even maybe genius. But he’s bi-polar and it can be like one minute he makes sense and the other not know what’s going on.
So....he is like every other genius.

Bi-polar isn't a surprising trait amongst incredibly talented and driven people

His field isn't video games. He's amazing as a artist and Producer, probably one of the best of our time. But he also is manic/bipolar, and is narcissistic as fuck. Glad Nintendo didn;t give him the time of day to be honest.
Is this the same Nintendo that made wii music?

Nintendo would have better spent their time working with him than releasing that trash.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
His lyrics being a mixed bag is one thing but he is definitely one of the best producers of modern times. What are you smoking?
Who cares about some shitty track he did with Lil Pump!?

Do you call this bad?

Are you fucking kidding me? Easily one of the best producers in the game. No doubt about it. Hate his arrogance, his antics, his lyrics, him fucking with the Kardashians or whatever, but when he is in his field, he knows what he is doing.

Flashing Lights still gives me chills. Fucking great song

He was shown the door multiple times in the fashion industry and told he wouldn't be successful. Look at Yeezys now.

I'm not saying if he worked with Nintendo it would be brilliant. But to say "it's not his field, stick to music" was what he heard when shopping Yeezys around, so I wouldn't count him out. The guy is a gamer and has always expressed admiration for the industry.

Personally I think he has a few interesting pitches in him and most likely nothing revolutionary. But I'd still hear him out and bounce ideas around.

I'm not all that interested in his music so I'm not going to comment on that. thou the guy's ego is way too big for his own good and those clothes and shoes he's selling are way too overpriced. Kanye really need to chill with making a fool of himself in public too. need to just focus on his music and leave everything else be. I mean you're rich as hell and famous too. just chill and focus on your family man.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda agree and kinda don't. Videogames aren't his expertise and he probably doesn't know how to code, but perhaps he can be there as a creative director or create some art for his team to work with.

Papacheeks

Banned
Kinda agree and kinda don't. Videogames aren't his expertise and he probably doesn't know how to code, but perhaps he can be there as a creative director or create some art for his team to work with.

Him be a creative director? He's never made games of know of software development. He can be a consultant, but honestly unless you somewhat pivot careers and learn the in's and outs to be creative director you have to have a good handle on game development fundamentals. Which he has no clue. Cory barlog is a writer, has helped produce/direct films, and literally help make the combat in god of war 1+2.

And attitude wise him being Bipolar is not going to mix well over the course of 2-3 years of development time. If he wants to bank roll the studio, thats different similar to Vin diesel and Tigon studios.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Him be a creative director?
I meant it more in a way of giving input, telling the team his vision for a game, and giving them some art (artworks, music, etc.) to work with. Creative director was the wrong term, I am sorry for the confusion.

DonJorginho

Banned
Kanye THE GOAT.

Would have made something truly unique, whether it would have been any good is another question but he does adore video games, he started out trying to make games before finding a love for sampling and making music out of weird sounds spliced together, then what followed was one of the best discographies in music history.

He isn't a perfect man, but a near perfect creative.

mckmas8808

He was shown the door multiple times in the fashion industry and told he wouldn't be successful. Look at Yeezys now.

I'm not saying if he worked with Nintendo it would be brilliant. But to say "it's not his field, stick to music" was what he heard when shopping Yeezys around, so I wouldn't count him out. The guy is a gamer and has always expressed admiration for the industry.

Personally I think he has a few interesting pitches in him and most likely nothing revolutionary. But I'd still hear him out and bounce ideas around.

It's also what he heard when he told people he wanted to Rap. They told him to stick to producing music. Yet, look at what happened.

lock2k

Banned

I agree with this.

I mean, if people should only "stick to one field" half of the world's innovations wouldn't exist. People are allowed to branch out to other areas. I am sure he would have done something interesting in gaming.

Top Bottom