• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kara Lynne breaks silence on Limited Run Games controversy

cormack12

Gold Member
Previous thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...-cowards-at-limited-run-games.1649473/page-32
Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss7qv2

I am not angry, but I am hurt. I admit that I have tried to film this a few different times but my feelings did get the best of me and I had trouble getting through it without crying. So here we are.

My day started by waking up to a message from a co-worker with a link to the post that has now circulated the internet and demanded my termination from the company. I can honestly say that it came out of left field. That single message was the only one I received up until I was requested to join a call at 4:30pm.

From what I was told there were no other options presented. But they are providing me with a decent severance and letting me keep my health insurance for a couple more months.

The craziest thing about the whole situation was that we were already in the midst of hiring a new community manager because I had expressed in the previous months that I was feeling burnt out and wanted to try something new. Social media in general was taking a significant toll on my daily life and mental health and was in need of a change. January was going to be my last month as the community manager.

BELOW TWEET WAS FROM BEFORE INCIDENT. SHE WAS ALREADY BEING MOVED TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT BUT STILL FIRED AS CM AND FROM NEW JOB

If we could take one thing from this situation it would be to bring to light the dangers of cancel culture.

Over the next few weeks, I’ll be a guest on various podcasts. If you would like to have me, please feel free to reach out. I’ll make sure to share when and where you’ll be able to find me.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Not the only one confused!!

This 'From what I was told there were no other options presented. But they are providing me with a decent severance and letting me keep my health insurance for a couple more months'...

Kinda contradicts 'I'm still here at LRG and not going anywhere. Just moving to a new position within the marketing team'

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
She's a better soul than me because I definitely wouldn't have taken the high road, well not at least to this degree.
They do similar at our place, offer 3 to 6 months salary and make you sign NDAs or that you wont take them to tribunal. Say no you leave with fuck all and then they'll just invent some shit that never happened at a HR hearing or if it even gets to tribunal.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
They do similar at our place, offer 3 to 6 months salary and make you sign NDAs or that you wont take them to tribunal. Say no you leave with fuck all and then they'll just invent some shit that never happened at a HR hearing or if it even gets to tribunal.
There's a reason some modern Bibles translate the words "master and slave" found in the NT as "employer and employee", it really is the closest modern day equivalent!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
There's a reason some modern Bibles translate the words "master and slave" found in the NT as "employer and employee", it really is the closest modern day equivalent!
Not sure pretending those words do not exist or the concept never existed (like the “modernisation” of historical periods in countries with spaces from colonies now appearing as everyday lords, common folks, merchants, etc…) will prevent it from happening or will do the kind of lasting change people long for… the kind of bad thought policing risks pushing people in the hands of those you want to stop.

SJRB

Gold Member
OP kinda makes it seem that everything is allright with the "I am still here" tweet when in fact it is not and she was actually sacked.

A bunch of people on the internet rallied together to get someone they don't even know fired over a tweet from six years ago stating something they don't agree with. Absolutely diabolical.

I mean, are they happy now? Proud of their accomplishment? Or are they going to hound her everywhere she goes from here on out? Is getting someone fired enough penance or should she jump through some more hoops to satisfy their completely warped vision of "justice"?

Cretins.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Hugging Reaction GIF

Rhazkul

Shitty situation overall. There are no winners in this scenario.

companies are able to fire anyone for any reason or even for no reason at all.
Oh america...🤦‍♂️

She said she will be on various podcasts. Here's hoping timcast IRL will have her on.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
cormack12 cormack12 (please point out the date of the tweet or something, make it bold, capitals in different colour text so people read it) some are jumping the gun and thinking she is still at LGR.

She seems fairly positive about it, hope she is happier where-ever she ends up.

Wonder if Hogwarts Legacy needs a community manager 👀 (just for the online meltdowns, then again she probably doesn't want any more hassle)

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Shitty situation overall. There are no winners in this scenario.

Oh america...🤦‍♂️

She said she will be on various podcasts. Here's hoping timcast IRL will have her on.

Seriously, that would never work in The Netherlands. It’s extremely difficult to fire someone.

ShadowNate

I read the whole thing from the source, and she's quite sober and kind, maybe to a cringe-worthy degree, in her statement.

Hopefully she'll be able to move on with no more harassement, but if the past is any indication for how this mob works, this is not the end of it and she's unfortunately wrong in her estimation that she can put this behind and find new employment like this didn't happen.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Well...there's a healthy middle ground. Literally immune to getting fired like some government workers is bad too. They are extremely lazy because they know they can't get fired. If you perform badly or you're too lazy, a company should be able to fire you. But firing for no reason at all?

You’re not immune to getting fired. It’s just a lengthy process that must be documented. A real pain if you’re a manager or have your own business.

hemo memo

Gold Member
All the replies to their account made them ask her to say something because it is indeed stupid if you will fire your employee for this reason.

Rhazkul

You’re not immune to getting fired.

In Germany we have something called "Beamtenstatus". It's almost impossible getting fired if you reach that status and you gotta have some serious misdemeanor or illegal stuff going on. Police, administrative offices, public servants are all employed by the state...it's really fun work and those who work for the local governments here are really motivated people. /s

Last edited:

Filben

Social media in general was taking a significant toll on my daily life and mental health and was in need of a change.
The essence.

Seriously people, stop using it. Studies showed again and again that it increases the risk of serious mental health issues. It's only corporations that gain from it 100%.

If you want to stay in touch with people you care about, write them, call them for fuck's sake.

Use other local options in your community. Talk to people for once in real life without the anonymity.

bitbydeath

It’s pretty crazy that you could get your life ruined for something so trivial in the US. It’s like those stories you hear of people getting stoned to death because they’re gay, or forced into marriages because of religion, but these stories are generally seen as coming from less civilised countries, and this is now the US.

Crazy times we live in.

DarthPutin

So a Brony pervy P*do sympathizer LARPing as a woman got an actual woman fired, wonderful. Not even surprising nowadays.

If only people with certain and very narrowly defined views get to have a job, it is a scary world to live in. It doesn't even matter what those "acceptable views" are. And nowadays even aknowledging biological reality makes you persona non grata.

Rhazkul

Yup. Fuck that noise. Never going to bother with that shitty company ever again. Absolute spineless cunts the lot of 'em.

Culture these days is so damn polarized, they probably don't want your money anyway because you support the "wrong" side.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm actually impressed she doesn't seems like ultra mad, ultra ressentfull even though those scum of the internet canceled her. It tells me alot about her, shes a better person than any of those weebs from Twitter or cretins at work.

I hope all the best for her. Until the day Twitter is finally punished for allowing people to do that.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If we could take one thing from this situation it would be to bring to light the dangers of cancel culture.

Over the next few weeks, I’ll be a guest on various podcasts. If you would like to have me, please feel free to reach out. I’ll make sure to share when and where you’ll be able to find me.

. . .well she's got her next turn nicely laid out. Good for her.

LordCBH

Better than me. I would’ve gone scorched fucking earth on both the company and the fucks that brigaded it to get me fired. They wouldn’t know a moment of peace.

" I believe everyone has the right to be happy in this world. I have friends and acquaintances who are non-binary and have even roomed with trans and LGBTQ individuals in the past at various events. It honestly doesn’t bother me nor should it."

Most important message as both sides will try to turn her into a pawn. Why I stay off social media in general. Good things rarely come of it.

"I just wish someone had reached out and attempted to start a conversation rather than jump straight to accusations."

Agreed...

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
" I believe everyone has the right to be happy in this world. I have friends and acquaintances who are non-binary and have even roomed with trans and LGBTQ individuals in the past at various events. It honestly doesn’t bother me nor should it."

Most important message as both sides will try to turn her into a pawn. Why I stay off social media in general. Good things rarely come of it.
Don't you get the memo? "I have LBGT friends" means she's homophobic.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm no bible thumper, but are you joking or serious? lol

Do the new bibles come with tax forms too?

stn

I'm no bible thumper, but are you joking or serious? lol

Do the new bibles come with tax forms too?
Don't know much about what the Bible says on the subject, but as an employment lawyer myself, I can confirm that the "root" of the employment relationship is based on a master/servant dynamic. At least that's the theory behind the development of the relationship over the years.

Also, gonna take a guess here but the severance they are paying her was probably in exchange for no lawsuits and also for that very correct Twitter post. Just guessing, no idea if true or not.

MiguelItUp

Good on her for putting together such a well written response. Very mature, cordial, and straight forward. Can't say I'm surprised as nothing about her seemed like much of a "threat" at all. LRG knee jerked to something they really shouldn't have, and made a gross decision. Something that's surely going to do more harm than good.

People reacted to this girl like she was some kind of extreme threat that's a danger to various people and communities. What a misfire.

Top Bottom