• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kara Lynne breaks silence on Limited Run Games controversy

tkscz

I dare one of them to claim Cancel culture is "Consequence Culture" again. She committed no crime and received "consequence" for no action. Who are they to decided who should be judge and who shouldn't?

"She makes me feel uncomfortable and should be fired" you being a pedo makes me uncomfortable and yet there you are still able to host your Bronie convention.

BabyYoda

Banned
I'm no bible thumper, but are you joking or serious? lol

Do the new bibles come with tax forms too?
Serious, the slavery referred to in the New Testament times was closer to the employment experience we have nowadays than the slavery of say the Jewish people under the Egyptian's or what happened to African people. In fact, many were bond servants, which is to say they bought or somehow earned their freedom and yet chose to continue to serve their master for free as they had such a good relationship. Many would sell themselves into slavery just to be able to eat, things were very different and yet similar in some ways (looks at Amazon Warehouses...).

BabyYoda

Banned
Don't know much about what the Bible says on the subject, but as an employment lawyer myself, I can confirm that the "root" of the employment relationship is based on a master/servant dynamic. At least that's the theory behind the development of the relationship over the years.

Also, gonna take a guess here but the severance they are paying her was probably in exchange for no lawsuits and also for that very correct Twitter post. Just guessing, no idea if true or not.
Thank you, it's nice when people know what they're talking about.

Serious, the slavery referred to in the New Testament times was closer to the employment experience we have nowadays than the slavery of say the Jewish people under the Egyptian's or what happened to African people. In fact, many were bond servants, which is to say they bought or somehow earned their freedom and yet chose to continue to serve their master for free as they had such a good relationship. Many would sell themselves into slavery just to be able to eat, things were very different and yet similar in some ways (looks at Amazon Warehouses...).
Jewish here well versed on the bible

That change is BULLSHIT

Slavery was Slavery, in fact, there are rules about What to do if a slave reach Cannan (Israel), because everyone Who set foot on the promised land, is free by default

Slaves back then have their ears cut, head shaved and sometimes marked, thats why a slave cant be free, because People knew who are slaves, and was a serious crime hiding a slave in other areas outside of cannan

And sure, there was SERVITUDE, a kind of slave who after 6 year they become free and choose to stay, but they are still SLAVES

It never stop amuse me how People try to re write the bible, ignoring the era and know nothing about it

OP kinda makes it seem that everything is allright with the "I am still here" tweet when in fact it is not and she was actually sacked.

A bunch of people on the internet rallied together to get someone they don't even know fired over a tweet from six years ago stating something they don't agree with. Absolutely diabolical.

I mean, are they happy now? Proud of their accomplishment? Or are they going to hound her everywhere she goes from here on out? Is getting someone fired enough penance or should she jump through some more hoops to satisfy their completely warped vision of "justice"?

Cretins.
is a lynch mob happy, standing there looking at the victim? it's actually a very good question. i tend to think not. it's all about the rush of the process itself, not the result...

What I don't get about the whole trans movement is how so many of them are clearly fake trans but still get taken seriously. Like if you look and sound like a straight guy in a wig and have your junk and are attracted to women, then I'm sorry you're not trans.
something that occurred to me a few days ago: whatever happened to transvestites? are there any anymore? or are they just not acknowledged as existing at this point? or considered irrelevant?...

Last edited:
is a lynch mob happy, standing there looking at the victim? it's actually a very good question. i tend to think not. it's all about the rush of the process itself, not the result...

something that occurred to me a few days ago: whatever happened to transvestites? are there any anymore? or are they just not acknowledged as existing at this point? or considered irrelevant?...
Transvestities Like all the fads, go away, Like the emos, grunge and eventually trans/non binary/gender fluid

What I don't get about the whole trans movement is how so many of them are clearly fake trans but still get taken seriously. Like if you look and sound like a straight guy in a wig and have your junk and are attracted to women, then I'm sorry you're not trans.
I think the word you're looking for is "transtrender" and I honestly believe a large amount of these people are doing it because of the trendiness and not simply because they have gender dysphoria.

Even so, I think gender dysphoria is a mental illness and if you want to switch sex, you're mentally ill. Being mentally ill does not make you a bad person, by the way. I have my own psychological issues so I'm definitely not saying that at all but it's still a mental illness.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
So a Brony pervy P*do sympathizer LARPing as a woman got an actual woman fired, wonderful. Not even surprising nowadays.

If only people with certain and very narrowly defined views get to have a job, it is a scary world to live in. It doesn't even matter what those "acceptable views" are. And nowadays even aknowledging biological reality makes you persona non grata.
Facts.

Rykan

So a Brony pervy P*do sympathizer LARPing as a woman got an actual woman fired, wonderful. Not even surprising nowadays.

If only people with certain and very narrowly defined views get to have a job, it is a scary world to live in. It doesn't even matter what those "acceptable views" are. And nowadays even aknowledging biological reality makes you persona non grata.
No, that is just the person that started it all.

Put the blame where it should: It's the hate infested drone hive that is Resetera that is the primary culprit here. They can and will continue to bully people who don't agree with them into submission.

No, that is just the person that started it all.

Put the blame where it should: It's the hate infested drone hive that is Resetera that is the primary culprit here. They can and will continue to bully people who don't agree with them into submission.
I been thinking, we should take the fight to them, and make them pay with the same harrasement they do

Then i remember losers Like neoxon are jobless, and cant find a single job, so its imposible 😂🤣

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't know much about what the Bible says on the subject, but as an employment lawyer myself, I can confirm that the "root" of the employment relationship is based on a master/servant dynamic. At least that's the theory behind the development of the relationship over the years.

Also, gonna take a guess here but the severance they are paying her was probably in exchange for no lawsuits and also for that very correct Twitter post. Just guessing, no idea if true or not.
Fair point. I can see the similarities. But there's also a lot of differences.

Master/slave, employer/employee, so where does parent/child fit in the model?

It can be argued its also in the same ballpark because the parent controls the house, the money and the kid has to do chores like a slave or an employee to get an allowance. And just like slaves or employees getting fired or treated like shit, so can the kid being smacked on the back of the head or kicked out of the house.

ShadowNate

Please fill me in. Wtf did she do/say to deserve all this rage?
Tweeted she was a excited about Hogwarts Legacy game, which prompted weirdo to look into her tweet follows and history. Weirdo then pointed out she follows controversial (of course they said "transphobic" accounts) and that 6 or so years ago she tweeted that there are more perverts than actual trans people being loud about the bathroom sharing thing with women.

At which point the deranged mob smelled blood and went insane.

It was pretty much another twiiter (and apparently Reeee) gold moment. We're so lucky to have this thing in our lives.

so let me get this straight... LRG basically used her as a convenient tool to get some easy social brownie points, since she was going to quit that position anyway? God damn opportunists.
outside of memes and shit, i genuinely, 100% percent honestly have no fucking clue why anyone would use or post things on twitter. or any social media. it just seems so stupid, and it isn't fucking real.
It's good if you follow the right people and a good source to keep up to date on news. I have different accounts for different interests I follow (one just for movies, one for art, etc), it can be useful. But I make damn sure not to use my real name and never tweet anything. The problem arises when twitter feeds you random shit from people you don't follow. Which you can tweak but it's become a pretty cumbersome experience, just like any big tech's product over a long period of time...

dwish

Tweeted she was a excited about Hogwarts Legacy game, which prompted weirdo to look into her tweet follows and history. Weirdo then pointed out she follows controversial (of course they said "transphobic" accounts) and that 6 or so years ago she tweeted that there are more perverts than actual trans people being loud about the bathroom sharing thing with women.

At which point the deranged mob smelled blood and went insane.

It was pretty much another twiiter (and apparently Reeee) gold moment. We're so lucky to have this thing in our lives.
Damn. I feel for her. Insane how much influence companies are letting these crazy people have.

BabyYoda

Banned
Jewish here well versed on the bible

That change is BULLSHIT

Slavery was Slavery, in fact, there are rules about What to do if a slave reach Cannan (Israel), because everyone Who set foot on the promised land, is free by default

Slaves back then have their ears cut, head shaved and sometimes marked, thats why a slave cant be free, because People knew who are slaves, and was a serious crime hiding a slave in other areas outside of cannan

And sure, there was SERVITUDE, a kind of slave who after 6 year they become free and choose to stay, but they are still SLAVES

It never stop amuse me how People try to re write the bible, ignoring the era and know nothing about it
I'm not saying it was necessarily right, it was an imperfect solution to an imperfect world, same with the system we have now. I wasn't ragging on ancient Israel, they were far more enlightened than any other people of their time. But slavery still existed in their land. I probably know more about Israel during the NT times, unless you've also studied the NT like I have. Slavery/servitude/bond servants (whatever you want to call it) were common, common enough to have teaching about it for the early Christians, whether they were master or slave.

It was rare that Israel operated under the Mosaic law fully as I'm sure you know (multiple occupations, civil wars, rebellion against God, most of the nation taken in captivity to Babylon etc, much happened that was forbidden during these times, in fact they were the rule, not the exception, at least from my research, very rarely was the nation faithful like they were under David and Solomon's rule.

I don't think the change was bs at all, keep in mind they only changed it in a couple of places in the NT, clearly in the context it was speaking about something quite different from the slavery that most think about today, as I mentioned.

Back to my point, much of what we call employment today deviates very little from what they called slavery/servitude at one time, it just has a reskin.

Rhazkul

I find it amazing anyone would even spend time digging into someone's tweet history going back years. The weirdo must had sat there all night sifting through her history to find a nugget from 7 years ago.
Bro, there are people in Media Matters, ADL and other far-left thinktanks that do NOTHING ELSE but professionally stalking and creeping on "problematic" influencers, and then try to cancel them or write smear pieces about them. This is the MO of the modern far-left.

Last edited:
Someone should tweet to Elon Musk about this incident and see if they can't get him on it. You know he's all about trying to go after the woke mind virus or whatever these days as the owner of Twitter.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
$20 says she ends up becoming some sort of anti-woke influencer and leaning in to every thing that got her fired in the first place.

I don't think she should have been fired, and targeting a low level salary employee is fucked up. I feel bad for her. But I've seen this story too many times.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
$20 says she ends up becoming some sort of anti-woke influencer and leaning in to every thing that got her fired in the first place.
Tell me again how following a trans person on social media qualifies her as being transphobic? I'm not sure if I saw your glorious take on that.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

I don't think she should have been fired, and targeting a low level salary employee is fucked up. I feel bad for her. But I've seen this story too many times.
PBF-Deeply_Held_Beliefs.png

SF Kosmo

Tell me again how following a trans person on social media qualifies her as being transphobic? I'm not sure if I saw your glorious take on that.

Look l, man, I never said she should be fired or targeted, I think she's an irrelevant low level salary employee, and she can have shitty opinions.

But as opinions go "I think the number of perverts cross dressing to assault women in bathrooms outnumber the real trans women" is an epically shitty opinion. And I have a sneaking suspicion she's got an few more shit takes in her based on that alone.

SF Kosmo

Can someone summarize the situation please.
Purple haired Twitter leftist goes on a fishing expedition to target LRG's community manager. Finds a single (pretty gross) transphobic tweet from like 6 years ago and notices she follows a lot of notable anti-trans crusaders like Matt Walsh and Chaya Raichik and that alone proves to be enough to have her fired.

Boss Mog

Look l, man, I never said she should be fired or targeted, I think she's an irrelevant low level salary employee, and she can have shitty opinions.

But as opinions go "I think the number of perverts cross dressing to assault women in bathrooms outnumber the real trans women" is an epically shitty opinion. And I have a sneaking suspicion she's got an few more shit takes in her based on that alone.
You might think it's "shitty" but it's actually seems very factual. I really get the impression that most trans are fake trans. Actual born in the wrong body trans people are probably like 0.01% of the population but somehow "trans people" as a whole doubles every year lately, doesn't really add up unless you come to realize that all the new additions are not really trans. There's mostly fakers and then there's also some confused people who were tricked into becoming trans. All those "family friendly" drag queen events that you support are a way to brainwash kids from a young age and get them used to creepy pervs. I don't care if they're "just reading stories" or whatever but keep these fake trans pedos away from kids, because somehow it always ends up like this:

You're not gonna tell me he put the mic down there like that by accident. I don't ever wanna see that kind of shit happening to ANY kid. The fact that the people in the photo aren't, at the very least, in prison for life is appalling to me.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

You might think it's "shitty" but it's actually seems very factual. I really get the impression that most trans are fake trans.
Lol, this is clown logic. No one is dressing up to "sneak into" a women's room to sexually assault someone. They're gonna get arrested with or without the costume, the entire premise makes no sense and doesn't reflect any reality of what happens.

If you're just trying to get into some esoteric bullshit about who's dysphoria is dysphoric enough to piss in the ladies stall then you are really missing the point.

All those "family friendly" drag queen events that you support are a way to brainwash kids from a young age and get them used to creepy pervs. I don't care if they're "just reading stories" or whatever but keep these fake trans pedos away from kids,
Lol, yeah, like you know how I'm saying when people have one bad braindead transphobic take they probably have 100? You're kinda proving my point here. I think we're done, let's not derail another thread for 10 pages.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Lol, this is clown logic. No one is dressing up to "sneak into" a women's room to sexually assault someone. They're gonna get arrested with or without the costume, the entire premise makes no sense and doesn't reflect any reality of what happens.

Lol, yeah, like you know how I'm saying when people have one bad retard transphobic take they probably have 100? You're kinda proving my point here. I think we're done, let's not derail another thread for 10 pages.
What do you think about that above pic? You think that's the proper way to teach youth about different people? To shove their crotch in his face? Are these sexualized kids drags show good for education?

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

What do you think about that above pic?
Why do I need to comment on every example of shitty parenting exactly?
You think that's the proper way to teach youth about different people? To shove their crotch in his face? Are these sexualized drags show good for education?
No, obviously bawdy drag burlesque is no place for kids. Again, why would you think that is in any way relevant to our conversation? It's a nonsequitur.

Make my blood boil that a person could look at that and think there's nothing wrong with it and we should encourage this shit.
You're literally an insane person. You're having a completely imaginary conversation with a fictional version of me in your head.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

If you're just trying to get into some esoteric bullshit about who's dysphoria is dysphoric enough to piss in the ladies stall then you are really missing the point.

Lol, yeah, like you know how I'm saying when people have one bad braonsead transphobic take they probably have 100? You're kinda proving my point here. I think we're done, let's not derail another thread for 10 pages.
So if all the trans people or at least the majority of them are genuine as you say why is the number people changing their gender growing exponentially every year? What phenomenon has created this ever upwards surge in your opinion?

SF Kosmo

It's quite telling that you think the above pic represents nothing but shitty parenting with no fault at all to the performer.
I'm not going to get dragged into the weeds dissecting this fucking photo, it has nothing to do with our conversation.

You either know I'm right and you're deflecting badly, or your brain is broken and you're having an imaginary conversation in your head, and either way I'm kind of over it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm not going to get dragged into the weeds dissecting this fucking photo, it has nothing to do with our conversation.

You either know I'm right and you're deflecting badly, or your brain is broken and you're having an imaginary conversation in your head, and either way I'm kind of over it.
You have bad opinions. That's all i'm pointing out. You don't want to fault that performer at all. Why should anyone listen to you about someone else's "bad opinions" when you're perfectly fine with the is shit?

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

So if all the trans people or at least the majority of them are genuine as you say
For the purposes of our dear Kara, here, the bar is not "genuine" in whatever medical "born this way" sense you mean but rather just "not using it as a poorly thought out smoke screen to do crimes." And I would say that number is pretty close to 100%.

why is the number people changing their gender growing exponentially every year? What phenomenon has created this ever upwards surge in your opinion?
I wouldn't assume that just because it's surging over the course of a few years that it will just continue to do so. But obviously an increased cultural visibility for trans people has led to higher diagnosis.

Now, if you're asking who decided to make it a political wedge issue at the center of the culture wars, and why they chose that particular moment, I'm afraid we'll have to take this conversation to a venue that allows conversations about politics.
You don't want to fault that performer at all.
There's a difference between not wanting to fault someone, and not wanting to discuss them in the first place because it's a strawman argument.

And yet you continue to invent opinions for me in that vacuum, and have the strawman conversation without me.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
For the purposes of our dear Kara, here, the bar is not "genuine" in whatever medical "born this way" sense you mean but rather just "not using it as a poorly thought out smoke screen to do crimes." And I would say that number is pretty close to 100%.

I wouldn't assume that just because it's surging over the course of a few years that it will just continue to do so. But obviously an increased cultural visibility for trans people has led to higher diagnosis.

Now, if you're asking who decided to make it a political wedge issue at the center of the culture wars, and why they chose that particular moment, I'm afraid we'll have to take this conversation to a venue that allows conversations about politics.

There's a difference between not wanting to fault someone, and not wanting to discuss them in the first place because it's a strawman argument.

And yet you continue to invent opinions for me in that vacuum, and have the strawman conversation without me.
I don't need to invent anything. You have bad opinions. It would be easy to codem that performer yet you refuse. Turn your people's purity test on yourself. Your're just as bad as you imagine the former community manager to be.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

People are absolutely dressing up as women to get into womens spaces to either get off on this action or go as far as sexually assaulting them.
If sexual assault were one's goal, what advantage would wearing women's clothing offer?

There are vanishingly few instances of this ever happening, while bathroom assaults by cisgender males happen all the time without any of the same hand-wringing or calls to action.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If sexual assault were one's goal, what advantage would wearing women's clothing offer?

There are vanishingly few instances of this ever happening, while bathroom assaults by cisgender males happen all the time without any of the same hand-wringing or calls to action.
I didn't say that. I believe that was Boss Mog. You're so desperate to defend your bad takes you're getting confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom