• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kara Lynne breaks silence on Limited Run Games controversy

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I didn't say that. I believe that was Boss Mog.
Neither. But fixed. Was trying to post this:

It would be easy to codem that performer yet you refuse.
Why aren't you condemning the cameraman? You think it's okay to take pictures of a child in a compromised position and share them like that. It's telling that you didn't even bother to comment on them. You monster!

Really, I'm disappointed in you, and all the people on your side, who support taking exploitive pictures of children like that. For shame.

nkarafo

Lol, this is clown logic. No one is dressing up to "sneak into" a women's room to sexually assault someone. They're gonna get arrested with or without the costume

The issue is the deranged individuals (whatever their numbers are) being allowed to women/girls bathrooms and lockers at all, by just wearing a wig and/or a skirt. Even if they don't end up actually physically assaulting anyone and they only want to get off or something, it still makes the actual women/girls feel uncomfortable and unsafe in their own spaces. What about their rights then?

There was nothing wrong with that woman's tweet. Maybe she was wrong about her stats, she can't know if the fakes are the majority compared to the honest ones. But being wrong about the numbers doesn't make her a bad person. The gist is, even if there are only a few, they are still far too many to be allowed to do that and cause real and big enough problems to women.

You don't actually hate women? Do you?

If sexual assault were one's goal, what advantage would wearing women's clothing offer?

There are vanishingly few instances of this ever happening, while bathroom assaults by cisgender males happen all the time without any of the same hand-wringing or calls to action.

Again, nobody said anything about anyone physically assaulting anyone. But what about voyeurism though? It's still illegal for males to do that in women spaces and they will get in trouble fast enough if they get caught. But it seems like wearing a wig creates a legal loophole that you seem to be fine with.

Why would you be fine with men getting off in women's spaces and causing mental harm to them, just so they can have some sexual gratification?

You are not actually a deranged person who hates women, are you?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Neither. But fixed. Was trying to post this:

Why aren't you condemning the cameraman? You think it's okay to take pictures of a child in a compromised position and share them like that. It's telling that you didn't even bother to comment on them. You monster!

Really, I'm disappointed in you, and all the people on your side, who support taking exploitive pictures of children like that. For shame.
I know what your'e trying to do. Your posts reek of desperation. You have shit opinions. Maybe you should lose your job?

SF Kosmo

The issue is the deranged individuals (whatever their numbers are) being allowed to women/girls bathrooms and lockers at all, by just wearing a wig and/or a skirt.
They're already allowed in without the wig or skirt. There were never laws about who can use what gender bathroom in any state, at least not before it became a political thing in 2015.

Even if they don't end up actually physically assaulting anyone and they only want to get off or something
Should gays not be allowed to use the bathroom of their own sex just in case they might try to look at a dick or something? Where do bi people go? And why was this NEVER AN ISSUE before?

it still makes the actual women/girls feel uncomfortable and unsafe in their own spaces. What about their rights then?
We've now moved the bar from "sexual assault," to "secretly getting off," all the way to just "other people being uncomfortable with them" in the space of a few sentences, and while I appreciate the honesty I think we can end this here.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
The issue is the deranged individuals (whatever their numbers are) being allowed to women/girls bathrooms and lockers at all, by just wearing a wig and/or a skirt. Even if they don't end up actually physically assaulting anyone and they only want to get off or something, it still makes the actual women/girls feel uncomfortable and unsafe in their own spaces. What about their rights then?

There was nothing wrong with that woman's tweet. Maybe she was wrong about her stats, she can't know if the fakes are the majority compared to the honest ones. But being wrong about the numbers doesn't make her a bad person. The gist is, even if there are only a few, they are still far too many to be allowed to do that and cause real and big enough problems to women.

You don't actually hate women? Do you?

Again, nobody said anything about anyone physically assaulting anyone. But what about voyeurism though? It's still illegal for males to do that in women spaces and they will get in trouble fast enough if they get caught. But it seems like wearing a wig creates a legal loophole that you seem to be fine with.

Why would you be fine with men getting off in women's spaces and causing mental harm to them, just so they can have some sexual gratification?

You are not actually a deranged person who hates women, are you?
Dude so many companies are turning their bathrooms unisex. What is your argument then?

The actions you're describing are illegal so let the justice system deal with them?

Or maybe just admit you have a biological rooted vendetta against those people? That I would believe and would not blame you.

As a man I care about women creating insufferable queues on unisex bathrooms. What about my rights? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I lean to the right on many issues. If I see some rightoid being ridiculous and spouting rubbish I am only to happy to criticise them and their views. Why is the progressive left unable to do this?

This is why I stopped listening to the podcast Breaking Points. The left-wing host, Krystal, always tries to excuse stupid and dangerous behaviour from her ‘side’.

nkarafo

Anyone who accepts this kind of behavior should be condemned. The performer even more so since he chooses to go that far. But you prefer to avoid condemning him and target the parents? Sure, they suck as well for exposing their kid to this filth but who knows, maybe they are just naive idiots who got reassured by someone like you that this is fine and "don't worry, it's just some people dressing up in costumes and it's only fun and happy games".

SF Kosmo

I know what your'e trying to do.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Maybe you should lose your job?
I've consistently said she shouldn't have been fired. Stop making me into your woke bogeyman and inventing fake opinions for me.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I've consistently said she shouldn't have been fired. Stop making me into your woke bogeyman and inventing fake opinions for me.
What's fake? You have bad opinions. You've made that clear. Just stop and accept that you've failed your own purity test. Unless you truly think there's nothing wrong with the image above then you should probably seek help.

SF Kosmo

What's fake? You have bad opinions. You've made that clear.
Again, the "opinions" you are objecting to seem to be your own inventions, because I sarcastically deflected your deflections rather than taking the bait. I've been making fun of you, and ignoring the photo discussion entirely and you continue to not get that somehow.
Just stop and accept that you've failed your own purity test.
I never had a purity test in the first place. I never called for anyone to be fired. I just said if I was a betting man, I'd bet we see Kara do the right wing media circuit and lean in to her new lot.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe she was wrong about her stats, she can't know if the fakes are
I don't even think her stats are wrong. There is a new cultural opportunistic epidemic, alright, and most online that are doing all the hooting and hollering wanting access to women and children/teen safe spaces are not real chemically effected dysphoria in the womb trans people.

But fuck females and their 100s of years to fight for safe spaces and rights now, for... males. Amirite?

Last edited:

tkscz

Please fill me in. Wtf did she do/say to deserve all this rage?
I made a TL: DR a couple of pages ago but what she did was, seven years ago followed two people on twitter who are now considered "alt+right" by groups on twitter.

Is excited for and pre-ordered Hagwart's Legacy.

That's it.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Again, the "opinions" you are objecting to seem to be your own inventions, because I sarcastically deflected your deflections rather than taking the bait.

I never had a purity test in the first place. I never called for anyone to be fired. I just said if I was a betting man, I'd bet we see Kara do the right wing media circuit and lean in to her new lot.
Absolute clown. Truly a little bee in your hive. Condemn the performer. You won't catch a ban. This isn't restetera. What are you afraid of?

SF Kosmo

Absolute clown. Truly a little bee in your hive. Condemn the performer. You won't catch a ban. This isn't restetera. What are you afraid of?
Jesus fucking hell, how can you miss the point this badly? I have no problem condemning the performer and never did. You've been making that argument up in your head the whole time. But the whole argument is just cheap bait and deflection, and that's why I have been clowning on you.

Like even when I am explicitly telling you I am being sarcastic and making fun of you for deflecting and strawmanning, you just keep doing it.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

If sexual assault were one's goal, what advantage would wearing women's clothing offer?

There are vanishingly few instances of this ever happening, while bathroom assaults by cisgender males happen all the time without any of the same hand-wringing or calls to action.
The answer is access. To women in private spaces reserved for women: bathrooms, locker rooms, prisons, etc... You don't need to assault women in these spaces to be a creep, just ogling is more than enough for most of these pervs. So called "trans rights" is actually about taking away actual rights of women to feel safe in spaces reserved for them.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Jesus fucking hell, how can you miss the point this badly? I have no problem condemning the performer and never did. You've been making that argument up in your head the whole time. But the whole argument is just cheap bait and deflection, and that's.why I have been clowning on you.
What? You have no problem condemning the performer and never did? Then do it. What's the issue? It's not bait or deflection. You're a clown with bad opinions. Worse than anything this community manager has shown. Yet you want to be judgmental of her? Fuck out of here.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

What? You have no problem condemning the performer and never did? Then do it. What's the issue?
Obviously the performer is in the wrong, but saying that does nothing to advance this conversation other than the fact that you are apparently holding the discussion hostage until I answer for some reason. It's fucking dumb dude. Yeah, obviously no one should stick microphone dicks in kids faces, we all know that, and it's super bizarre that you don't get that.

The very fact that you think I have to comment on this picture that LITERALLY NO ONE was defending in the first place is my issue.

Why haven't you condemned the cameraman? What's your problem? Why is this so hard for you? You really support taking pictures like these?

And what about Hitler? You really think it's okay to commit genocide? You haven't said one word against Hitler. Any strawman that you refuse to answer must therefore be correct, right?

You really don't get the point I am making?

Last edited:

DryvBy

There needs to be federal protection against this or else freedom of speech doesn't exist. The cancel culture subhumans should be sued into oblivion for pain and suffering from anyone that deals with it. ResetEra and subreddits that support harassment campaigns like these should also be held responsible for not shutting this behavior down.

Boss Mog

I made a TL: DR a couple of pages ago but what she did was, seven years ago followed two people on twitter who are now considered "alt+right" by groups on twitter.

Is excited for and pre-ordered Hagwart's Legacy.

That's it.
I'm more shocked that it only took 1 tweet from 1 person for the company to toss her out. Does that person speak for the whole trans community, my guess is probably not, yet the company caved immediately.

nkarafo

Should gays not be allowed to use the bathroom of their own sex just in case they might try to look at a dick or something? Where do bi people go? And why was this NEVER AN ISSUE before?

Gays are not the same. Gay men are still men in men's spaces and gay women are still women in women's spaces. And in the case of women especially i'm pretty sure they tend to be more comfortable around lesbians than men are around gay men. But who cares about men, am i rite?

Truth is, men and women are build differently. Men (straight or gay) are not as easily threatened in general and can stand on their own, they have tougher skin, they are physically much stronger, can defend themselves more effectively and all that jazz. Women not so much though. In some cases they need to be protected. And this bathroom/locker situation is one of those cases. Deranged, fully grown men in women bathrooms/lockers is a potential serious threat that needs to not exist. Notice how nobody ever cares about the other way around. It really shows the huge difference between the two.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The very fact that you think I have to comment on this picture that LITERALLY NO ONE was defending in the first place is my issue.

Why haven't you condemned the cameraman? What's your problem? Why is this so hard for you? You really support taking pictures like these?

And what about Hitler? You really think it's okay to commit genocide? You haven't said one word against Hitler. Any strawman that you refuse to answer must therefore be correct, right?

You really don't get the point I am making?

Obviously the performer is in the wrong, but saying that does nothing to advance this conversation other than the fact that you are apparently holding the discussion hostage until I answer for some reason. It's fucking dumb dude. Yeah, obviously no one should stick microphone dicks in kids faces, we all know that, and it's super bizarre that you don't get that.
Again, you don't understand since you are too busy throwing out buzzwords and trying to deflect. Your opinion on such things is relevant in point out that you who act so righteous are just as bad or worse than you pretend this woman is. I was simply calling you out. Do you get it now oh great and pure soul?

DryvBy

Don't know much about what the Bible says on the subject, but as an employment lawyer myself, I can confirm that the "root" of the employment relationship is based on a master/servant dynamic. At least that's the theory behind the development of the relationship over the years.

Also, gonna take a guess here but the severance they are paying her was probably in exchange for no lawsuits and also for that very correct Twitter post. Just guessing, no idea if true or not.
I dealt with this years ago. I was not allowed to sue them over termination if they gave me unemployment and kept my medical open. If I sued them, they would fight my unemployment claim. I still have no idea why I was fired since I was their go-to guy for problems and never had a single write up.

tkscz

I'm more shocked that it only took 1 tweet from 1 person for the company to toss her out. Does that person speak for the whole trans community, my guess is probably not, yet the company caved immediately.
It wasn't just her. No joke, Reset Era backed her and started complaining. That's when it picked up traction.

SF Kosmo

Again, you don't understand since you are too busy throwing out buzzwords and trying to deflect. Your opinion on such things is relevant in point out that you who act so righteous are just as bad or worse than you pretend this woman is. I was simply calling you out. Do you get it now oh great and pure soul?
You're calling me out for something that you made up though. I have no problem condemning the performer, I did it in my last post. I never had a problem with it.

You can't "call people out" for NOT saying something. That's my whole point, your premise is moronic on it's face and now that I've answered your dumb question I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You're calling me out for something that you made up though. I have no problem condemning the performer, I did it in my last post, but it shouldn't have taken a two page tantrum to explain to you what projection is.
Made up? You only just condemned the action. After I called you out for pages. Your first instinct was to blame the parents. Which was also bullshit. Is it always the "progressive" parents' fault when these things happen at these events? Again, I'll keep going back to it. Your opinions are also shit. I'm not alone in this. Where are the people coming to your defense? Who else is calling her a transphobe? Is it everyone else who is mad and you're the only sane person here?

SF Kosmo

Made up? You only just condemned the action. After I called you out for pages.
I said that you're a literal insane person for thinking that I would ever defend it in the first place.

Apparently the subtext of that was a little to hard, and you decided to hold the thread hostage until I used more direct language like you think I am casting a spell or some shit.
Your first instinct was to blame the parents. Which was also bullshit.
I'm a parent. Any parent would think the same thing right away.
Your opinions are also shit
Do you think you could quote my shit opinions directly? That would be nice. Because all I am hearing is a lot of hysteria about what I didn't say or how long I let you meltdown before I said it.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I said that you're a literal insane person for thinking that I would ever defend it in the first place.

Apparently the subtext of that was a little to hard, and you decided to hold the thread hostage until I used more direct language like you think I am casting a spell or some shit.

I'm a parent. Any parent would think the same thing right away.

Which opinions specifically? Use the quote feature.
I'm a parent as well and no I'm not going to blame myself if I take her to a supposed "kids friendly" show only for her to get assaulted. I'm amazed you can't see that but I'm also not. This isn't the first instance of one these shows going like this. You can put your head in the ground and pretend it doesn't happen all you want.

SF Kosmo

I'm a parent as well and no I'm not going to blame myself if I take her to a supposed "kids friendly" show only for her to get assaulted. I'm amazed you can't see that but I'm also not. This isn't the first instance of one these shows going like this. You can put your head in the ground and pretend it doesn't happen all you want.
I wasn't operating under the assumption that the show was advertised as kid friendly. But I suppose you're correct that there's a lot of context needed.

Maybe we should speculate about every aspect of this irrelevant picture for another two pages, then I'm sure that will bring us closer to the answer on trans bathroom rights.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I wasn't operating under the assumption that the show was advertised as kid friendly. But I suppose you're correct that there's a lot of context needed.

We should speculate about every aspect of this irrelevant picture for another two pages, then I'm sure that will bring us closer to the answer on trans bathroom rights.
It's all about the people you support. No different than her. If we(you) are to condemn her for her support of the "wrong" people, then we(you) should also look inward before judging. I think we've exhausted this. Go on with your righteous infallible self.

nkarafo

Dude so many companies are turning their bathrooms unisex. What is your argument then?

The actions you're describing are illegal so let the justice system deal with them?

Or maybe just admit you have a biological rooted vendetta against those people? That I would believe and would not blame you.

As a man I care about women creating insufferable queues on unisex bathrooms. What about my rights? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Strictly personally speaking, i don't really give a shit. I'm a fully grown, strong man and i don't parent a daughter. None of these issues affect me. I don't feel threatened by anyone, not by trans men or women, gays, lesbians, bi, whatever else exists. Whoever wants to share a locker/bathroom with me, for whatever reason, they are all welcome to do so. The worst thing that can happen to me is i may find it mildly amusing for a few seconds and then ignore it completely.

I do have some empathy and try to put myself in other people's shoes though. I can understand how many women would feel. I also understand how parents would feel if they had little girls to protect.

In the end, if women/little girls/parents don't have an issue with all this, that's all good with me. Move along. If the affected are OK with it, who am i to question them?

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

A little perplexed why they wouldn't just move her to a new department anyway considering she was no longer going to be a CM.
Only company response needed: they are "no longer community manager at LRG" and ignore everything else.

i'll even allow you to take a picture of mine if you want.
Futurama Bender GIF

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

It's all about the people you support. No different than her. If we(you) are to condemn her for her support of the "wrong" people, then we(you) should also look inward before judging.
I don't think the world revolves around me and my opinions like that, dude. I'm not "condemning" her, I'm just talking about her. My opinion has literally no bearing on the outcomes of her life. Neither does yours for that matter.

Go on with your righteous infallible self.
Again, thinking the opinion she expressed is wrong and ignorant does not mean I think I'm always right or that I'm infallible, or that I agree with every lefty about everything. We're three pages in, and you still haven't directly told me why what I said about her is wrong.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

stn

You know what the saddest part about all this is? I feel like communication and dialogue is missing in general these days. Its all about chopping everyone's head off and seeking vengeance instead of actually educating and spreading awareness (which is what true tolerance is).

I don't fault Purple Tinker for raising the issue in the first place, but they fucked up in how they did it. It should have started with a private message and then gone from there instead of a public campaign basically saying "OFF WITH HER HEAD". I don't respect the need to publicly hang every individual for every stupid thing.

In the end, nobody won. Kara lost her job, Purple Tinker was accused of pedophilia or whatever it was. Instead, what should have happened was:

"Hey Kara, I saw your tweet from 7 years ago and it bothered me. I'm a customer of LRG and (INSERT MORE REASONS)"
"Sorry, I apologize if I did you any harm. I will delete the tweet."
"Let's be friends. What games do you like?"

Fucking easy. People need to communicate more instead of drawing conclusions while just sitting in their basements all day on stupid fucking social media. Its so damn unhealthy.

Murderers and rapists are given a chance to defend and explain themselves, I don't see why this should be any different.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

You know what the saddest part about all this is? I feel like communication and dialogue is missing in general these days. Its all about chopping everyone's head off and seeking vengeance instead of actually educating and spreading awareness (which is what true tolerance is).

I don't fault Purple Tinker for raising the issue in the first place, but they fucked up in how they did it. It should have started with a private message and then gone from there instead of a public campaign basically saying "OFF WITH HER HEAD". I don't respect the need to publicly hang every individual for every stupid thing.

In the end, nobody won. Kara lost her job, Purple Tinker was accused of pedophilia or whatever it was. Instead, what should have happened was:

"Hey Kara, I saw your tweet from 7 years ago and it bothered me. I'm a customer of LRG and (INSERT MORE REASONS)"
"Sorry, I apologize if I did you any harm. I will delete the tweet."
"Let's be friends. What games do you like?"

Fucking easy. People need to communicate more instead of drawing conclusions while just sitting in their basements all day on stupid fucking social media. Its so damn unhealthy.

Murders and rapists are given a chance to defend and explain themselves, I don't see why this should be any different.
Yeah, it's part of a broader trend of depersonalization in this country. It's worse with very online people, because it's easy to reduce an anonymous avatar to a two-dimensional idea in your head, but it's also made worse by having a politics that is heavily centered on culture wars as a way to distract from real policy issues.

Maverick074

Banned
I just kinda hope that Limited Run dies

Having indie and retro games get their physical releases locked behind FOMO really hurts the consumer in the long run, like if someone just got a Switch and finds out they'll have to spend $100 on the physical version of West of Loathing from a scalper on eBay

Last edited:
Top Bottom