• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kara Lynne breaks silence on Limited Run Games controversy

RedC

You know what the saddest part about all this is? I feel like communication and dialogue is missing in general these days. Its all about chopping everyone's head off and seeking vengeance instead of actually educating and spreading awareness (which is what true tolerance is).

I don't fault Purple Tinker for raising the issue in the first place, but they fucked up in how they did it. It should have started with a private message and then gone from there instead of a public campaign basically saying "OFF WITH HER HEAD". I don't respect the need to publicly hang every individual for every stupid thing.

In the end, nobody won. Kara lost her job, Purple Tinker was accused of pedophilia or whatever it was. Instead, what should have happened was:

"Hey Kara, I saw your tweet from 7 years ago and it bothered me. I'm a customer of LRG and (INSERT MORE REASONS)"
"Sorry, I apologize if I did you any harm. I will delete the tweet."
"Let's be friends. What games do you like?"

Fucking easy. People need to communicate more instead of drawing conclusions while just sitting in their basements all day on stupid fucking social media. Its so damn unhealthy.

Murderers and rapists are given a chance to defend and explain themselves, I don't see why this should be any different.
You're conflating court of law with court of public opinion and the differences with our rights provided by the Constitution and facilitated by the justice system with a Corporation weighing the overall financial risk/reward ratio of keeping or firing a person that is being labeled a "transphobe" by a vocal minority with evidence and will continue to persist as long as she's employed and concluding termination and being done with it.

ikbalCO

Emails from colin moriarty be raining like:
L8RHZsI.gif

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
OP kinda makes it seem that everything is allright with the "I am still here" tweet when in fact it is not and she was actually sacked.

A bunch of people on the internet rallied together to get someone they don't even know fired over a tweet from six years ago stating something they don't agree with. Absolutely diabolical.

I mean, are they happy now? Proud of their accomplishment? Or are they going to hound her everywhere she goes from here on out? Is getting someone fired enough penance or should she jump through some more hoops to satisfy their completely warped vision of "justice"?

Cretins.
Videogames and broader entertainment industry is pure thrash. Serves us right for bringing up a generation of man children and snowflakes.

Astral Dog

You know what the saddest part about all this is? I feel like communication and dialogue is missing in general these days. Its all about chopping everyone's head off and seeking vengeance instead of actually educating and spreading awareness (which is what true tolerance is).

I don't fault Purple Tinker for raising the issue in the first place, but they fucked up in how they did it. It should have started with a private message and then gone from there instead of a public campaign basically saying "OFF WITH HER HEAD". I don't respect the need to publicly hang every individual for every stupid thing.

In the end, nobody won. Kara lost her job, Purple Tinker was accused of pedophilia or whatever it was. Instead, what should have happened was:

"Hey Kara, I saw your tweet from 7 years ago and it bothered me. I'm a customer of LRG and (INSERT MORE REASONS)"

Fucking easy. People need to communicate more instead of drawing conclusions while just sitting in their basements all day on stupid fucking social media. Its so damn unhealthy
bud you are assuming those people on Twitter / ERA are looking for friends in good faith

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
bud you are assuming those people on Twitter / ERA are looking for friends
I think he's applying the criticism equally to those grown ass overly privileged manbabies.

So did the pedophile trans Brony who dragged her show her face again? Cuz you know them mfers be terminally online to the max.
Click the post above yours, yes, lol. Tried even saying that he would sue people for labeling him from his own words.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And idiots say Cancel Culture isn't real......
I believe it stemmed from call-out culture originally. So this would be the second name change. Keep pressing till it's acceptable I guess.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

We live in some insane times. The best thing to do if you post anything online, make sure it is anonymous when it comes to politics, causes you support, or just your general views on life. I'm not saying to give into the cancel culture mob, but it's not just worth the time and effort with these insane people.

I mean who has time to go through 7 years of a person's tweet history to find something they don't like? And it was all based on them looking forward to a product?

RedC

We live in some insane times. The best thing to do if you post anything online, make sure it is anonymous when it comes to politics, causes you support, or just your general views on life. I'm not saying to give into the cancel culture mob, but it's not just worth the time and effort with these insane people.

I mean who has time to go through 7 years of a person's tweet history to find something they don't like? And it was all based on them looking forward to a product?
I wouldn't necessarily call it insane times, but people definitely need to adapt to successfully navigate through the internet, social media, video, and the digital footprint.

SpearFist

Cancel star wars now plox. These woke trash look to get offended, they dont have anything worthful in their real life. So these lunatics go after ppl on internet to get some sense of accomplishment. They'll eat their own.

Fucking easy. People need to communicate more instead of drawing conclusions while just sitting in their basements all day on stupid fucking social media. Its so damn unhealthy.

Murderers and rapists are given a chance to defend and explain themselves, I don't see why this should be any different.
Or better yet, Kara could have responded: "Well, that's my opinion," and it be dropped. There's absolutely no reason Kara needed to bend the knee in that situation and apologize and delete the tweet.

Of course, that wouldn't have been fine with the brony, so Kara would have gotten cancelled, either way.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

In what magical universe do you think that Purple Tinker isn't at fault? The pedo fucker literally scoured her history to try to find something to use to ruin her life because she DARED suggest that she was excited for a video game. The only reason he went after her was to ruin her life. That was always the end goal. This stupid fuck was never a customer to begin with, these kinds of people never are. They just want blood and will do whatever they can to feel like they hold some level of power over others, because God knows they hold none in their sad, pathetic personal lives.

Last edited:

McCarth

I googled LGR and Resetera to see just how feverous the sanctimony was on this topic and was not disappointed. When a user posted her tweet expressing interest in Hogwarts Legacy, another user responded:

“I mean this is literally nothing. Let's not start demonizing anyone who's excited for the Harry Potter game. Being optimistic about a AAA game involving one of the largest licenses in the world isn't some sort of dog whistle.”

They were banned for A MONTH. Literal insanity. I feel for this woman.

I googled LGR and Resetera to see just how feverous the sanctimony was on this topic and was not disappointed. When a user posted her tweet expressing interest in Hogwarts Legacy, another user responded:

“I mean this is literally nothing. Let's not start demonizing anyone who's excited for the Harry Potter game. Being optimistic about a AAA game involving one of the largest licenses in the world isn't some sort of dog whistle.”

They were banned for A MONTH. Literal insanity. I feel for this woman.
the alternative is attempting to rationally defend the indefensible. which's why they opt for banning...

the mods there are a small group of ideological clergy who fundamentally exist to cleanse their board of heretics. & they see heresy everywhere...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Admittedly, this is anecdotal, but based on what I’ve seen so far she seems she’s a decent enough person. At the very least, she knows how to handle herself publicly in a lot classier way than the vultures who came after her.

That’s one of the things I’ve noticed about online discourse. It’s always the meanest, pettiest, most hateful, and most vindictive people who claim others are such, as a means of misdirection, so they can hide their hate and meanness in plain sight.

But if you aren’t distracted or intimidated by pile-on culture, and look at the types of people who start these cancel culture campaigns, most of them are total creeps. People who sit online all day, rant about how much they hate this and that, how they hate this person and that person, and the people they go after are usually totally ordinary people who said one thing they didn’t like, which would account for every person on the planet.

Yet somehow the companies keep capitulating to these losers.

I think I read it here on this forum or another forum but to paraphrase that one post that made so much sense, it went something like this,

"Years before the internet was popular or ubiquitous, an extremist that yells out 'Eating meat is murder' would have been laughed at and you might find 1 person in your entire city or town that believes this. Nowadays with social media and the internet, that extremist can hook up with other extremists in very large numbers and create havoc. Places like Resetera, twitter, facebook, 4Chan's pol are examples that these people can congregate in large numbers and wreak havoc in real life."

It makes sense, a lot of these losers in real life, would have lived an unknown existence to us before the internet became so popular and in widespread use, but with it they can get with like minded individuals and try to burn the world.

Andyliini

I just heard on the radio that the song "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" by Urethra Franklin is now considered transphobic.

I wish I were kidding but here we are.
I had to read about this, and you are right. Though it looks like the original tweet was supposed to be parody, but you never really know.

Astral Dog

Admittedly, this is anecdotal, but based on what I’ve seen so far she seems she’s a decent enough person. At the very least, she knows how to handle herself publicly in a lot classier way than the vultures who came after her.

That’s one of the things I’ve noticed about online discourse. It’s always the meanest, pettiest, most hateful, and most vindictive people who claim others are such, as a means of misdirection, so they can hide their hate and meanness in plain sight.

But if you aren’t distracted or intimidated by pile-on culture, and look at the types of people who start these cancel culture campaigns, most of them are total creeps. People who sit online all day, rant about how much they hate this and that, how they hate this person and that person, and the people they go after are usually totally ordinary people who said one thing they didn’t like, which would account for every person on the planet.

no company wants to be labeled by these weirdos as racist/transphobic/
problematic/ whatever.

Many companies made an effort to not offend religious fundamentalist at one point, this has become essentially the same thing

These days labels are thrown like stones , and if needed new ones are made to describe the source of what's evil and inmoral in modern society, the list is rapidly growing:racists, bigots, Alt Right, Republicans, white people, Incels, transphobes, Moderates, liberals,sexists, Heteros,Gamers, problematics,police officers, Christians, fascists, TERFs, conservatives, governments,parents, corporations, patriarchs, etc...

Its so much we may arrive at the thought that "everyone who doesn't think like me is an enemy"

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
It makes sense, a lot of these losers in real life, would have lived an unknown existence to us before the internet became so popular and in widespread use, but with it they can get with like minded individuals and try to burn the world.
It’s not even that. Losers even if they get together are still losers, vast majority of population wants nothing to do with them. But they are way louder, while most people just get on with their lives because…

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

PSYGN

Companies interacting in a personal way in social media (and especially Twitter) was probably one of the bigger mistakes in the last 15 years. Who would've thought it would devolve to the point where companies have to kneel down to some Twitter weirdos representing fringe ideas. Unfortunately a lot of these weirdos end up securing spots in social media positions (surprise!) and circle jerk each other at the corporate level. And journalists and professionals that have to interact in this cesspool become paralyzed from speaking their mind as their livelihood can be taken away from them in a matter of seconds. Thankfully in the past few years we have seen some pushback against the cancel culture.

GymWolf

Murderers and rapists are given a chance to defend and explain themselves, I don't see why this should be any different
Nah dude, she did nothing wrong and she doesn't need to apologize for her actions with a brony pedo activist and the crazy people inside reeee.

You give a hand to these people and they are gonna rip your entire arm off.

You know what would be easy? If mental ill people with a sad life could stop these witch-hunts for decades old twitters (that are not even THAT controversial to begin with).

The ball is not on the court of normal people, we don't need to do jack shit to please the cuckoos.

Last edited:

Muay Ninja

In what magical universe do you think that Purple Tinker isn't at fault? The pedo fucker literally scoured her history to try to find something to use to ruin her life because she DARED suggest that she was excited for a video game. The only reason he went after her was to ruin her life. That was always the end goal. This stupid fuck was never a customer to begin with, these kinds of people never are. They just want blood and will do whatever they can to feel like they hold some level of power over others, because God knows they hold none in their sad, pathetic personal lives.
Literally this. It was done out of pure malice just because someone was looking forward to a video game. What a vile piece of shit.

FBeeEye

Banned
There's a reason some modern Bibles translate the words "master and slave" found in the NT as "employer and employee", it really is the closest modern day equivalent!
Slavery in the Bible was closer to employer/employee than modern American slavery. They had rights and laws to protect them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Slavery in the Bible was closer to employer/employee than modern American slavery. They had rights and laws to protect them.
That was what I said pretty much, albeit, not as as succinctly ;)
I'm no historian or a bible reader, so I have no idea what slavery was like in the bible. My assumption has always been slavery during that era (whether it's real life civilizations or fictional) was the stereotypical ankle chained labourer with whip wielding guards watching everyone. And for any slave more attuned to indoors, they are an apologetic kneeling servant treated like shit 24/7. What do I know.

BabyYoda

Banned
I'm no historian or a bible reader, so I have no idea what slavery was like in the bible. My assumption has always been slavery during that era (whether it's real life civilizations or fictional) was the stereotypical ankle chained labourer with whip wielding guards watching everyone. And for any slave more attuned to indoors, they are an apologetic kneeling servant treated like shit 24/7. What do I know.
Depends on if were talking about the type that occurred within ancient Israel by other Israeli's and the type that happened by other nations against Israel, like Egypt, the latter was a lot like you are imagining.

rkofan87

Gold Member
What I don't get about the whole trans movement is how so many of them are clearly fake trans but still get taken seriously. Like if you look and sound like a straight guy in a wig and have your junk and are attracted to women, then I'm sorry you're not trans.
this the fake trans give the real trans a bad name and its sad.

Boss Mog

this the fake trans give the real trans a bad name and its sad.
Yep it's sad but I believe the fake trans make up most of the movement no matter what SF Kosmo SF Kosmo thinks.

I see this shit on the daily in the news and social media. Stuff like this:

CGNoire

Look l, man, I never said she should be fired or targeted, I think she's an irrelevant low level salary employee, and she can have shitty opinions.

But as opinions go "I think the number of perverts cross dressing to assault women in bathrooms outnumber the real trans women" is an epically shitty opinion. And I have a sneaking suspicion she's got an few more shit takes in her based on that alone.
She never implied "Outnumbers".

What a genuinely awful interview. For a woman who said she didn't want to be used by anyone, that was sad to see. 24 hours news network, hour long program, and they barely gave her two minutes of time. They also misrepresented her situation, she didn't challenge anything about them or their reporting, and I don't even think the words trans or harry potter were mentioned. Loads of detail and context completely missing, a lot of which makes her side of the story look even better, and some that does not.

I hate what news has become, and all news networks are like this now. Omitting context and balanced reporting for rage views and clicks, the profession.

Did she ever specifically address the seven year old tweet in an interview yet? Not that she should have to, but I'd be much more interested in hearing her current thoughts on the subject. Podcasts are so superior to the "news" when it comes to genuinely learning how people feel about various topics, and getting to know them as human beings. They don't have to be, but modern news interviews are broken manipulative garbage.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

It's the downward spiral of leftist puritanism and no one is going to survive it because their standards keep getting more and more extreme until it spirals out of control. People and companies need to stop bending the knee or it will escalate.
I wouldn't say the leftist are puritans. It's a small vocal minority that are angry about this. The left has usually been pretty sex positive

Top Bottom