• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jintor

Rin says: Stop Talking About It, Idiots

tumblr_lynm1qyXZ31rnx5rho1_1280.png

I don't know how, but I managed to get Rin's good ending on my first try. So many times I kept expecting the credits to roll, thinking I had messed up. I'm not fully sure how I feel about it, it's a lot to soak in.

Yeah, at one point I thought I chose the bad ending for Rin's story. Her story was quite the experience.

I think tomorrow night I'll start up another run through the game.

What is it about being in community that makes pretty much all threads turn to shit at some point?
Jesus Christ.

They tend to break down into in-jokes and discussion within the regulars. Plus, most people don't feel like reading the 10-20 pages to establish the necessary context, so they rarely add anything and the discussion doesn't get reigned in.

The Brawl Dojo thread got pretty bad, despite constant warnings of (and actual) bans and locks from Sp0rsk. Good times. :)

i finished Emi route

Lol @Anal but nice route regardless and yes i stayed with her mum because i barely saw her . ( good choice i guess )

Yeah, many of the routes had parts where I had thought I made a wrong choice and was cursing aloud because I didn't save at an earlier decision point only to see it keep going. Though Rin's is probably the one that I can't twll what I was doing. Anyways, we are getting a little too comfertable with each other now that we arein the community tab.

Sorry guys, had to get my revenge after the moe derail. Anyways, you're probably taking this too seriously Aero, you should go ly dow :p

On a serious note, yes, given how insular we've all become now that the thread has moved to community, it's not like there is a regular influx of new members to drive discussion forward. The few recent members we've received have been great and fun to interact with, and no one here is anywhere near as caustic as NBA-GAF, so it could be way worse. We're all just kinda biding our time until the thread inevitably sinks into the the depths, especially myself and a few other members who have been here since practically the beginning.

Femmeworth - looking forward to some more indepth thoughts from you. So do you think you've gotten over not wanting to play through the other routes?

I still haven't given my 2 cents since finishing KS. I guess it just the thought that once I give my experience, that its. I guess I'm just trying to prolong the inevitable since this is technically my birth thread.

I still haven't given my 2 cents since finishing KS. I guess it just the thought that once I give my experience, that its. I guess I'm just trying to prolong the inevitable since this is technically my birth thread.

You can still discuss things you've beaten. It's not like Hanako has disintegrate into a pile of ash since you've finished it... This is only the beginning.
Of course this is coming from someone who's only "just started" reading...

Yeah, many of the routes had parts where I had thought I made a wrong choice and was cursing aloud because I didn't save at an earlier decision point only to see it keep going. Though Rin's is probably the one that I can't twll what I was doing. Anyways, we are getting a little too comfertable with each other now that we arein the community tab.

Yeah... I was pretty sure Hisao died during lilly good ending.

It's kinda sad, I bought Murakami's 198Q, and had been looking forward to that novel for years. Got it day one and have read perhaps 10 pages to date, so KS is probably the most reading I've done in awhile. And the GAF curse is that you spend more time complaining about games than playing them; something I can certainly relate to

He doesn't in many cases. not altogether surprising considering it's Hisao.
Well, it's surprising to me since my first route was Hanako's. Perhaps the other writers just didn't give it a thought, unlike Hanako's writers.
Femmeworth - looking forward to some more indepth thoughts from you. So do you think you've gotten over not wanting to play through the other routes?
I still need to see Rin's other endings, as well as revisit some important scenes. I pretty much did most of act two through the ending in one sitting yesterday. I was pretty burnt out mentally and emotionally by the end of it. Definitely more complex than Hanako's route.

I did decide that I'm going to check out the other routes, I did a little of Emi's route this morning.

Just finished both of Shizune's routes:

The bad ending was sad, but not as bad as I maybe thought. Certainly more "feels" then I thought there were was going to be. Poor Misha. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong that a nice three-way wouldn't have solved, but what can you do?

So GAF, taking suggestions, who's path do I go on next? I'm thinking either Hanako, or Rin.

Emitan

Katawa Shoujo is the first "book" I've read in like 2 years.

Ewwww gross. Read more. Reading is fun.

SOMEONE BROKE MY KINDLE AND I AM GOING TO MURDER THEM. WITH BEARS

I have an idea for more shitty KS art. Slightly spoilerish for Emi's route, but its nothing you shouldn't have seen coming.

Well, it's surprising to me since my first route was Hanako's. Perhaps the other writers just didn't give it a thought, unlike Hanako's writers.

I still need to see Rin's other endings, as well as revisit some important scenes. I pretty much did most of act two through the ending in one sitting yesterday. I was pretty burnt out mentally and emotionally by the end of it. Definitely more complex than Hanako's route.

I did decide that I'm going to check out the other routes, I did a little of Emi's route this morning.

Ah good. I still need to play through Lilly's myself. I just got Netflix recently and got sidetracked with all these seasons of Initial D. I find it's better to play through it in chunks rather than power through. It gets exhausting that way and you have little to look forward to when all's said and done

Just finished both of Shizune's routes:

The bad ending was sad, but not as bad as I maybe thought. Certainly more "feels" then I thought there were was going to be. Poor Misha. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong that a nice three-way wouldn't have solved, but what can you do?

So GAF, taking suggestions, who's path do I go on next? I'm thinking either Hanako, or Rin.
I'd suggest doing Hanako's route first. It's kind of a simpler version of Rin's route.

shizune routes
sorry, after hearing there was no chance of a misha route, I was really surprised and excited when shizune's bad route happened. I'm sorry.

about all the routes
ok about emi and lilly in particular
I find if funny that people say lily is a nympho, when I read that Emi and hisao did it a lot lot more times. I think lily's three scenes were all they did? Emi talks about how her and hisao do it every chance they get

XeroSauce

shizune routes
sorry, after hearing there was no chance of a misha route, I was really surprised and excited when shizune's bad route happened. I'm sorry.

about all the routes
ok about emi and lilly in particular
I find if funny that people say lily is a nympho, when I read that Emi and hisao did it a lot lot more times. I think lily's three scenes were all they did? Emi talks about how her and hisao do it every chance they get

Totally cool with that. I was the same.

Jintor

The point with Lilly is that it doesn't appear to suit her refined character, whereas it not only fits Emi's more genki character but she also has a pretty good emotional motivation for it.

Venfayth

I think there's more to Lily's character than her "refinement".

After Hisao's attack when they're on their retreat it's pretty quickly shown that Lily's a bit more fragile than she might first seem to be. Not only that, but she's imo the most romantic character, so her being pretty expressive sexually makes a lot of sense.

But at first glance, yeah, I think she's the definition of refined.

Top Bottom