• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katy Perry Uses Wii Remote Wristband During Super Bowl Half-Time Show

I just got a little chuckle from this. Maybe she was playing Smash Bros. backstage?

eaN2fVV.jpg

Haha saw this during the halftime show and was wondering when someone would post about it here. I mean it's obvious she was lip-syncing but still pretty funny.

Does Nintendo have patent on that wrist-strap design?

Because I'm pretty sure that's a common design for wrist straps. No real tell-tale signs of it being a Wiimote strap.

I might just be missing the joke or slipping into no fun allowed territory but I'm almost positive my old digi camera had the same strap. Is that a Nintendo thing? Seriously digging through my drawers looking for that old strap now.

I might just be missing the joke or slipping into no fun allowed territory but I'm almost positive my old digi camera had the same strap. Is that a Nintendo thing? Seriously digging through my drawers looking for that old strap now.

Looks like a normal wrist strap to me.

Hex

Banned
Does Nintendo have patent on that wrist-strap design?

Because I'm pretty sure that's a common design for wrist straps. No real tell-tale signs of it being a Wiimote strap.

Shhh don't say anything, there will be an entire backstory soon and reason why she is using a Nintendo hand strap being a secret deal and plans and all kinds of stuff.

Let's be real...she was. And I don't mean that as an insult to her, it was still one of the better half-time shows I've seen and I enjoyed the performance.

Let's be real... she clearly wasn't. She was singing legitimately over a backing track like every other pop star does during performances.

Maybe not for you, but for those of us with eyes it was pretty clear that she was not singing.

Your eyes need checked then.

What

I'm pretty this isn't the first time I've seen someone use that design when performing while doing something where they might drop the mic.

Elfstruck

Maybe not for you, but for those of us with eyes it was pretty clear that she was not singing.

Well lets be real here, u cant expect her to dance like that and sing live. Oh interesting fact, she did tell the press that she was going to lip-sync a week before.

Well lets be real here, u cant expect her to dance like that and sing live. Oh interesting fact, she did tell the press that she was going to lip-sync a week before.

You know why they do this, right? This is cover up BS for about 1/15th of the performance.

Top Bottom