• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katy Perry's Blackface Shoes

Ichabod

Banned
0211-rue-leather-mules-shoes-4.jpg

It's called fashion, sweetie. Look it up.

Nymphae

Banned
I don't know if those are blackface, but I love me some whiteface. lol

white_chicks_2-696x449.jpg

I will say it again, any attempt at trying to be your near opposite physically, is funny, period. A man dressed as a baby, funny. A baby dressed as an adult stroking his chin reading a newspaper? Funny. A black man being a lilly white person and mocking their mannerisms? Yes, this is funny. I can't really recall any funny examples of blackface, I think because people just won't touch it. It's radioactive, but I still argue that divorced from context, a person attempting to look like their physical opposite is just inherently humourous.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Mohonky

There was that black sweater thing to.

Are we to just assume anything black with a face on it is blackface these days? Seems like it.

The greatest offense here is the look of those shoes. Who would wear those ghastly things?

The shoes are ugly, but I wouldn't say they're racist...

Is this another case of white people getting pissed off on behalf of minorities?
Well... Let's take a look

Does it have the usual smug language in the Article and Tweets that says nothing useful but is written as if they are informed? Yes! So we can add the (y)

Does it question how anyone can be so Tone Deaf while being incredibly Tone Deaf? Yes! So we can add the (y) also

It's people complaining about Shoes invoking imagery of racism and how awful it is, how Tone Deaf it is... Troubling even. Yet they aren't concerned at all about the piss poor conditions the workers of the shoes are subject to. As well as the devices they are using to complain about the shoes are assembled by workers in piss poor working conditions.

The workers are treated a step above slave labor. They make the shoes, the smart phones, the tablets that these people are wearing and using. But it's the imagery of the shoes that is Tone Deaf :rolleyes:

We can't be for sure, but it does have all the symptoms of uppity white people using twitter

ellie666

Neo Member
That is SO dumb. Like, there is a shoe for black face, and a shoe for white face.
I see nothing offensive here, and yet WHY do you only pay attention to the black one and claim it racism. I don't get it

Dunki

That is SO dumb. Like, there is a shoe for black face, and a shoe for white face.
I see nothing offensive here, and yet WHY do you only pay attention to the black one and claim it racism. I don't get it
These people just want to get offended. they even claim that there is Digital blackface. Which is basically you being white using a gif or meme with a black person in it. They are fucking insane

Nymphae

Banned
Which is basically you being white using a gif or meme with a black person in it. They are fucking insane

I'm not a fan of the trend of white people stealing black speech trends. Tryna, finna, etc. I find that stuff really gross, people like Iggy Izalea just straight up doing an impersonation of a rapper. People don't talk like that, it's an affectation.

lock2k

Banned
I'm not a fan of the trend of white people stealing black speech trends. Tryna, finna, etc. I find that stuff really gross, people like Iggy Izalea just straight up doing an impersonation of a rapper. People don't talk like that, it's an affectation.

To be fair, speaking like that is dumb for anyone.

cryptoadam

Banned
These people just want to get offended. they even claim that there is Digital blackface. Which is basically you being white using a gif or meme with a black person in it. They are fucking insane

They take direction from their race baiting over lords. The race baiters send out the message to get outraged about something and then they all follow suite and make sure to keep identity politics alive and kicking.

I bet most of the outraged people had no idea there was a beige color of the shoe, because facts don't matter. Its easier to make an emotional argument that someone is racist than to look at facts and truth.

cryptoadam

Banned
Interesting how this causes outrage, but the black community doesn't care or see the racisim in the left and Dems pushing aborotion laws as far as they can go. You would think that the fact that 4 times as many black babies are aborted over white babies would cause them to see some systematic racisim, but instead they would rather focus on shoes, esquire magazine covers, or MAGA hats.

Your babies are being killed, your population is being held in check because of the DEMS and their policies, stop caring about stupid white people dressing up as black people and start caring about the future generations that are being MURDERED.

Nymphae

Banned
I bet most of the outraged people had no idea there was a beige color of the shoe, because facts don't matter.

I mean I don't see how the existence of the beige shoe would make them turn off their offense detectors. It's sufficiently Blackface looking enough to #causeascene regardless of other items in the line.

lil puff

This looks like the typical knee jerk reaction moral authority crowd. These people have no nuance and will scrape the corners of the earth looking to be offended.

Now, I think there is an actual legit reason to have a feeling about true intentional black face, but now these insta-reactions have become so normalized that at some point my damn avatar will be considered blackface.

Regarding the other pair of shoes that received 0 attention from Outrage Twitter, I'm surprised they haven't realized how problematic it is that "nude" still exists as a color name. Crayola had to axe "flesh" a long time ago, but this word is pretty well settled in the makeup and clothing industries. Makeup and clothing are oppressive.

Top Bottom