• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keiji Inafune: "Man, Japan is over. We're done. Our game industry is finished."

Jommy

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
But let's be honest, most have known this for some time. When the populace of the country you develop games in chooses to buy nothing but JRPGS and Dating Sims, how the hell are you meant to progress?

Wow this is a pretty ridiculous comment and is just so full of western ignorance and bias. Can't this same thing be said for Americans and FPS games? Only difference is, I wouldn't make the assertion that the American game industry cannot progress simply because it prefers one type of game over others.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just wanted to thank Segata and Opiate for once again saving a thread. Inafune's quote is stupid because it's so radical, yet so vague. Even knowing the context –seeing Japanese games at TGS– I'm still not sure what he meant. I don't know how he frames the problem. I wish someone asked him to elaborate... Or maybe I don't, because I'd most liskely be facepalming even harder than I am at the moment.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
To people who were at TGS this year: did you get the feeling wii support is dead in Japan? A french gaming website reported that in a podcast.

Top Bottom