• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySonata

Banned
Ugh......so annoying when noobs come raging over the games they apparently have such vast opinions about...........only to admit they didn't even play the games extensively.

Gamer 1: Games X and Y are garbage, they play the same as the other garbage games under the same garbage genre!

Gamer 2: And how long did you play these games for?

Gamer 1: Bout........5 minutes.

Gamer 2: And you come to these profound conclusions?

Gamer 1: Duh.

Gamer 2: ... (al shooting self in head.gif)

Olaeh

Mr.Wuggles said:
i believe it's actually a shell, not a redesigned system.

Ah, well that's good to know. Saves me a lot of money :D

SkySonata: Aye, sounds like the DQ8 hate thread, what you described.

jessmo24

Banned
duckroll said:
http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/comments/20081210_dragonquest/

Gigazine is covering a mysterious Dragon Quest Press Event at Tokyo's Park Hyatt hotel. It's due to start in 30 mins or so. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Based on the schedule, it looks like they'll be announcing a new game, including staff, etc.

Edit:

Okay... Dragon Quest IX will be hitting Japan on 28th March 2009, for 5980yen. The game finally has a release date! Yay. Looks like the announcement isn't really major.........

HOLD UP!

HORII SEZ DQX IS FOR THE WII! IWATA SAYS THANK YOU! OMG!!!!!!!

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

What the heck is going on where any wii games mentioned? *goes back to playign wow*

camineet

Banned
I think it would be absolutely fucking AMAZING if Wii Dragon Quest X's gameplay engine could look like the cinematics used in the trailer for DS DQIX A very unique & stylish 2D/3D engine. I think the Wii might be upto something like that, rather than just an enhanced DQVIII engine. Granted it would take longer, but so what. Some don't expect DQX before 2012 anyway.

camineet

Banned
Spike said:
Did anyone honestly believe that DQX wouldn't go to the Wii?

When DQIX was announced for DS in Dec 2006, the Wii was an unknown at that time. Sure we speculated DQX would probably come to Wii, but no doubt many thought it would be a PS3 game. Only after all of 2007 went by and most of 2008, did it become obvious DQX would be made for Wii.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Alcander said:
:lol :lol So, you argue that shooter games, or games you dislike, are no longer "interactive entertainment" but something else entirely? And then you call them pretentious?

I also like how apparently if the genre doesn't align with your tastes the developers obviously put no effort into the development. Stunning logic!

Which is precisely what I didn't say, but maybe my English wasn't so great, I don't know. It's not my mother tongue.

If anything, there was significant effort put in the games I referred to, which is the main difference with games like Imagine Babiez. The reason why I put them on the same level is because they are caricatures in terms of themes. Your average Imagine game is neither better nor worse than your typical shooter with men in bulky armors killings hordes of aliens to save the Earth. Both approaches are ridiculously unoriginal.

The interactive entertainment part is an allusion to the growing reliance on cutscenes and things like that. Granted, a game like Gears of War is not the worst offender, by far. But Kojima's pretentions as a scenarist, or games like Heavy Rain I find highly questionable.

Shooter games... I don't like them because they're not my cup of tea and they often go hand-in-hand with heavily Hollywood-influenced atsmospheres, but what I hate is not so much that they exist, but rather that there are so many of them... Just as I don't like that there are so many J-RPGs in Japan.

Anyway, again, yes, the developers of those games put significant effort. They're no doubt hard at work. My point is that they focus on things that are unnecessary, especially if one wants games to grow and become "mature". I don't think takings its cues from another medium will help the industry at all.

jeremy1456

camineet said:
When DQIX was announced for DS in Dec 2006, the Wii was an unknown at that time. Sure we speculated DQX would probably come to Wii, but no doubt many thought it would be a PS3 game. Only after all of 2007 went by and most of 2008, did it become obvious DQX would be made for Wii.

Those people must have been living a life of delusion.

Ydahs

Htown said:
Well, now you know what's next, don't you?

Bitter, bitter Kingdom Hearts tears.
While I doubt it will actually happen, KH3 Wii will cause a massive meltdown, similar to DQIX.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ydahs said:
While I doubt it will actually happen, KH3 Wii will cause a massive meltdown, similar to DQIX.

I might actually have to purchase a Kingdom Hearts game then... for Donald.

camineet

Banned
Dragon Quest X: The Possibilities
How to make the Wii RPG a perfect X.
by Daemon Hatfield

December 10, 2008 - Yesterday the minds of Japanese gamers collectively exploded when Square Enix announced Dragon Quest X is being developed for the Wii. One of the most popular franchises in Japan, Dragon Quest releases are phenomena that find people skipping school and work to line up as far as the eye can see. While not quite as feverish about the series here in North America, role-playing gamers still love their DQ (that's Dragon Quest, not Dairy Queen…although we're pretty sure gamers love Yule Flip Peppermint Blizzards, too). Looking out over the vast sea of Wii games you'll find plenty mini-game collections, licensed kiddie titles, music games…but not too many hardcore role-playing games. The announcement of Dragon Quest X is very good news for Wii owners and our minds are already racing considering the possibilities.

The Dragon Quest series has never strayed far from its roots, and we dare say it is one of the few Japanese role-playing games (JRPGs) that are still engrossing despite the lack of innovation. You usually know what you're getting with a Dragon Quest game, and there is something very comfortable about a design that, while dated, is probably the pinnacle of the genre.

Nintendo is no stranger to the series, as it was home to DQ's birth back on the Famicom/NES in the late '80s (the series was called Dragon Warrior in North America until the 2005 release of Dragon Quest VIII). The first four entries arrived on the NES, and IV-VI are being remade for the Nintendo DS. While the series moved over to Sony's consoles for VII and VIII, IX is a DS exclusive and now X will be the property of Nintendo's white wonder. It was surely a simple business decision for Square Enix: the Wii and DS have each sold forty billionty thousand units, and the company is shooting its high-profile games where the gamers are. It's a long ways off (2010 at the earliest), but it is very nice to know there is an enormous hardcore RPG waiting for us in the distance.

We had a false start back in 2006 when Square Enix announced a Dragon Quest game for the Wii. Of course, this turned out to not be part of the true DQ canon, and rather a spin-off called Dragon Quest Swords that was watered down for the kids (IGN gave it a 7). It was a more accessible affair that fit into Nintendo's philosophy of trying to attract new gamers. That's all well and good, but RPG fans want an epic adventure they can sink 50+ hours into. Based on what the main series has always offered, Dragon Quest X should be that game.

Here's what we know about it so far: nothing. Square Enix held a press conference in Japan yesterday to make the announcement, but didn't share any details other than it is being built for Wii. So without anything official to go on, here is our best case scenario for the tenth entry in the series.

First of all, they need to keep the cartoon visuals they established with Dragon Quest 8. One of our favorite aspects of Dragon Quest is that it never takes itself too seriously, something we'd argue Final Fantasy has been guilty of from time to time. If there is anything we've learned about the Wii in its two years here on Earth, it is that it does not do realistic visuals well. But stylized, exaggerated graphics like what we saw recently in Shaun White Snowboarding can look truly fantastic on Nintendo's console. So we're lucky that Dragon Quest has already been doing the cartoon thing for a while. In no way would we call DQ's visuals "kiddie." The character designs by Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama are some of the most iconic images in gaming, and the lush, vibrant world of DQVIII was a vision to behold -- it still looks great today. Cel-shaded visuals appear to be somewhat future proof and can hold their own against the more powerful consoles. Dragon Quest IX is being presented in a similar style to VIII, so it's a good bet X will adhere to the standard.

We are guilty of chastising modern JRPGs for refusing to give up random battles, but darn it all, this archaic system just feels right in Dragon Quest. We wouldn't mind too terribly if X arbitrarily throws slimes at us without warning. Of course, we wouldn't mind too terribly if the developers do want to give us fair warning, either. Monsters are visible on the battle field in Dragon Quest IX, so it's certainly possible encounters won't be random in X.

It would be nice if the story were made more open-ended. Rather than a linear progression, we'd like to have a hub area from where we can accept a variety of missions. Over time, the story would reveal itself regardless of the order in which we tackled quests.

Dragon Quest IX has a few interesting tricks up its sleeve we think would be nice additions to the Wii game. Four players can get in on the action in co-op, and we'd love to see multiplayer features in DQX. We're not talking about a full, massively multiplayer online game, but some sort of online community features would be welcome. Maybe a drop in/drop out co-op mode like The Secret of Mana where you have several members in your party controlled by AI, but friends can jump in and takeover at any time. This may push the game more into action RPG territory, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We know that DQIX features a pub that serves as your base of operations in the game. It would be aces if people playing DQX had a community pub hub. Players could meet, barter items, and maybe start a bar fight.

The upcoming DS game also includes character customization tools that should definitely be kept in for part X. Western RPGs are much better than their Eastern counterparts at making players feel like they are taking part in the adventure, rather than being forced to play as another emo kid with bad hair. Letting players customize their character in Dragon Quest IX is a big step forward for the series and JRPGs in general. Providing loads and loads of items to find and dress/equip our characters with also opens new gameplay possibilities. There can be extremely rare items that are only found when playing cooperatively.

We know DQIX will also include a class system similar to what Final Fantasy uses from time to time -- another feature we would welcome in DQX. It should heavily affect the gameplay, though. Certain missions should be easier to tackle based on whether or not you play as a thief or a fighter, for instance.

While we're mentioning all the nice features of Dragon Quest IX on DS, how about some sort of connectivity between it and the upcoming Wii game? Maybe the characters we customized in DQIX could be pulled into DQX.

We're going to go ahead and say we don't need any waggle controls in DQX. Turning the press of a button into imprecise swings of your arm is a good way to dumb down a game. Obviously, next year's WiiMotion Plus technology makes things like sword combat more enticing. But in order for a game to make the best use of the tech it would have to be built around the idea of 1:1 motion controls, and that's not what Dragon Quest is about. In fact, we're going to hope for Classic Controller support so we can just sit back, relax, and enjoy hours and hours and hours of role-playing. Ultimately, Square Enix should provide a fairly traditional but exceptionally executed JRPG that innovates just barely enough to make it feel fresh and exciting. You don't want to muck with a pedigree like Dragon Quest too much. It's a fine line, to be sure, but the development team hasn't made a bad DQ game, yet (at least not in the official DQ canon).

http://wii.ign.com/articles/937/937394p1.html

Terrell

Ydahs said:
OH don't start with this "I doubt it" shit, you know how likely it is that I have multiple BAN BETS with people about this DQX announcement? It's time to give up the ghost here, folks. With this announcement, it's pretty much etched in stone that Wii is a very likely candidate for new entries into popular series... I mean, how much more popular do you get than MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON QUEST in Japan?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I’m always surprised when people think Kingdom Hearts 3 Wii would be out of place and unexpected.

Disney have input in the game. Whether people like it or not, the target audience is young teens. It might have a fanbase that exceeds that age group, but that's not the point.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to Wii seems like a no-brainer, even more so than DQX.

ElFly

Ugh, is this another IGN rant about how developers should do their job?

I refuse to read it given their story of stupid blog posts.

Johann

Spike said:
Did anyone honestly believe that DQX wouldn't go to the Wii?

Most sane people thought the next DQ would stay on the DS unless the Wii's sales increased dramatically in Japan. Now it seems like better Wii sales will be sympthom a DQX's announcement for the system.

Jirotrom

camineet said:
who the fuck thought it would be a ps3 game:lol It was obvious from the get go the PS3 wasn't going to be a great selling machine. If anything most people thought it would be on the DS again, If the wii didn't start doing well.

EatChildren said:
I’m always surprised when people think Kingdom Hearts 3 Wii would be out of place and unexpected.

Disney have input in the game. Whether people like it or not, the target audience is young teens. It might have a fanbase that exceeds that age group, but that's not the point.

Pretty much, been saying this for a long time and everysone still seems to disagree... time will tell, time will tell:D

farnham

Banned
Jirotrom said:
who the fuck thought it would be a ps3 game:lol It was obvious from the get go the PS3 wasn't going to be a great selling machine. If anything most people thought it would be on the DS again, If the wii didn't start doing well.

Pretty much, been saying this for a long time and everysone still seems to disagree... time will tell, time will tell:D
well i thought so too but the messageboards told me otherwise

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I have doubts that Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to the Wii - Nomura seems pretty entranced by HD technology and considering how many years he's spent with PS3 hardware working on Versus I get the feeling he and his team will want to stick to the advanced technology of that machine.

Then again, they are making DS and mobile phone Kingdom Hearts games so that argument doesn't hold that much weight.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SovanJedi said:
I have doubts that Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to the Wii - Nomura seems pretty entranced by HD technology and considering how many years he's spent with PS3 hardware working on Versus I get the feeling he and his team will want to stick to the advanced technology of that machine.

Then again, they are making DS and mobile phone Kingdom Hearts games so that argument doesn't hold that much weight.

Plus, as I said, Disney have a say as to which platform the title goes. They don’t just sit on the backburner and let Square-Enix handle the whole thing. They naturally want to see their IP's used correctly and the title released on a platform they feel appropriate.

That's why I'd bet on it going to the Wii. The Wii's demographic coupled with massive install-base should make it the most appropriate platform.

If you make your predictions based on userbase alone, of course you could have predicted Dragon Quest X for the Wii. But all those people saying it was inevitable and saying everyone should have known are spewing bullshit: this generation is evolving faster than people are able to predict and given DQ's popularity, I have to agree with Amir0x that whichever system it was made for would get the needed jump in sales to support the game. In Japan, I'm not sure there is a lot of risk in putting it on less popular consoles, but in support of the brand they have made the right decision to take almost all risk out. Still, in this generation very little is predictable and people really need to stop stating that this was a foregone conclusion.

felipeko

TheKingsCrown said:
If you make your predictions based on userbase alone, of course you could have predicted Dragon Quest X for the Wii. But all those people saying it was inevitable and saying everyone should have known are spewing bullshit: this generation is evolving faster than people are able to predict and given DQ's popularity, I have to agree with Amir0x that whichever system it was made for would get the needed jump in sales to support the game. In Japan, I'm not sure there is a lot of risk in putting it on less popular consoles, but in support of the brand they have made the right decision to take almost all risk out. Still, in this generation very little is predictable and people really need to stop stating that this was a foregone conclusion.
Agreed. And given S-E's Wii support, all others "big" (RE5, SF4, others S-E rpgs) announcements, i didn't think DQX on Wii was set on a stone.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
IGN said:
We know DQIX will also include a class system similar to what Final Fantasy uses from time to time -- another feature we would welcome in DQX.

I'm not an expert on either series, but why bring up FF job system when DQ games of the past have already done it themselves?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I don't think many expected DQX for the Wii... I expected it to be on DS... (and Enix has made one DQ per generation... maybe they are Nintendo fans and they do DQ games quicker on those consoles?).

I would also expect Kingdom Hearts on the PS3. For a simple reason.
S-E is making a beautiful KH game on PSP and a horrible KH game for DS. Obviously the PSP version will sell much more. Then with those numbers they will (erroneously) conclude that the KH fanbase is on SONY systems. This is what I expect.

Ikael

If you think that it wont be unexpected, wait for the tread when it gets announced and watch as bajillion of persons see the move as "stupid" and start sprouting nosense about "brand loyalty", "fanbase on playstation" or how Kingdom Heart had "one of the best graphics on the previous generation". Just wait.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Uh oh, here comes the countless articles about how Dragon Quest should change.

Guess what guys, it won't. It never will. Ever. That's why it sells. But, it's going to be interesting to see some people choke back on some words when they praise how good DQX will look on the Wii while decrying how the graphics of DQ8 hurt the series. >.>

Olaeh

TheKingsCrown said:
Still, in this generation very little is predictable and people really need to stop stating that this was a foregone conclusion.

You're right. Looking at the gap between when DQVIII and IX will be released, I always assumed DQX would go to a platform not yet released... Like DS2 or WiiHD and it wouldn't be until there were a good number of millions of units sold in Japan.

dacuk

manueldelalas said:
I don't think many expected DQX for the Wii... I expected it to be on DS... (and Enix has made one DQ per generation... maybe they are Nintendo fans and they do DQ games quicker on those consoles?).

S-E is making a beautiful KH game on PSP and a horrible KH game for DS. Obviously the PSP version will sell much more. Then with those numbers they will (erroneously) conclude that the KH fanbase is on SONY systems. This is what I expect.

hahahahaha

If your "logic" were true, PSP would be killing DS on sales charts.

And you know the answer to that

Flakster99

Ahh yes, quite the breath of fresh air, I'm happy about this announcement. It is like a revisit of sorts from an old friend with whom you have not seen in many years.

Now how how about some media, SE? ;)

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
daCuk said:
hahahahaha

If your "logic" were true, PSP would be killing DS on sales charts.

And you know the answer to that

Have you seen both games? The DS version is downright horrendous. This is the only reason I think the PSP version will sell much more.

I'm not saying it because the DS has better graphics or something like that (jeez...), and yes I own a DS and I think it is far better than the PSP (I think it is the best console ever, so many titles that appeal to me).

So tone down a little, you are just too touchy.

EatChildren

manueldelalas said:

Except, as I've said twice now, Square-Enix do not have the only say in which platforms the Kingdom Hearts titles appear on. They are using Disney IP's, thus Disney have a relatively large say in the decision making.

Square-Enix might want to put it on the PS3 for the very reasons you stated, pushing stronger hardware, but if Disney don't like that decision and would rather it appear on a system with a far, far larger install-base, plus greater accuracy for the target demographic, then I can guaranty you they will kick up a stink until they get their way.

Kingdom Hearts is a property owned between Square-Enix and Disney. Square don't have absolute power in the decision making.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
EatChildren said:
Except, as I've said twice now, Square-Enix do not have the only say in which platforms the Kingdom Hearts titles appear on. They are using Disney IP's, thus Disney have a relatively large say in the decision making.

Square-Enix might want to put it on the PS3 for the very reasons you stated, pushing stronger hardware, but if Disney don't like that decision and would rather it appear on a system with a far, far larger install-base, plus greater accuracy for the target demographic, then I can guaranty you they will kick up a stink until they get their way.

Kingdom Hearts is a property owned between Square-Enix and Disney. Square don't have absolute power in the decision making.

I'm not saying it will not happen; I just say that if S-E announced the game for PS3 I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
I would be surprised if they announce it for the Wii.

That's all, keep moving nothing to see here, I said my argument, it is valid, I know Disney has something to say about the platform.

(good lord, some of you are too serious about this)

gkryhewy

manueldelalas said:
I'm not saying it will not happen; I just say that if S-E announced the game for PS3 I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
I would be surprised if they announce it for the Wii.

That's all, keep moving nothing to see here, I said my argument, it is valid, I know Disney has something to say about the platform.

(good lord, some of you are too serious about this)

I would be stunned if they announced it for PS3 alone, although a 360/PS3 release is in the realm of possibility.

Still exceedingly unlikely IMO.

donny2112

gkrykewy said:
I would be stunned if they announced it for PS3 alone, although a 360/PS3 release is in the realm of possibility.

If Disney has any say, it won't. Where it goes will determine the answer to that question. :lol

donny2112 said:
DQI-DQIV - NES
DQV-DQVI and remakes of DQI-III - SNES
DQVII and remake of DQIV - PS1
DQVIII and remake of DQV - PS2
DQIX and remakes of DQIV-VI - DS
DQX - Wii

Wii will be getting one or more DQ remakes before DQX comes out, and DQVII looks like a prime possibility. :)
Why necessarily before? I & II SNES came after V. IV PS1 came after VII.

NintendosBooger said:
Well, of course DQX is coming to the Wii.
It always seemed a strong possibility, but I thought DS or a DS successor were even stronger ones. Since they shifted from console to handheld, I'm surprised they reversed course before even seeing how IX would perform.

Link said:
Random? Perhaps you should check the date of the DQIX for DS announcement
Dragon Quest IX was announced on December 12, seen in a thread started December 10. Dragon Quest X was announced on December 10, seen in a thread started December 9. Not quite the two year anniversary.

Terrell said:
I mean, how much more popular do you get than MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON QUEST in Japan?
There are a few games in recent years that have outperformed all Dragon Quest titles, buuut since they're all Nintendo/Pokémon-published there's little question as to where they might show up next.

manueldelalas said:

And they also put the awful card game "sequel" on GBA, but gave a 3D remake of it to PS2. I don't believe it will land on Wii. Most likely PS3 and 360.

AColdDay

As far as KH3 for the Wii goes, I would bet that something like that would be announced with a teaser trailer showing off some of the recognizable characters from the series against a black background and then at the end, Mario.

I've actually never played a KH game (or a DQ game), so I hope that it does come to Wii. I would love to see what all the fuss is about.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
jred250 said:
As far as KH3 for the Wii goes, I would bet that something like that would be announced with a teaser trailer showing off some of the recognizable characters from the series against a black background and then at the end, Mario.

I've actually never played a KH game (or a DQ game), so I hope that it does come to Wii. I would love to see what all the fuss is about.

KH+Mario would sell SO much, i won`t even imagine that kind of game...

bdouble

xs_mini_neo said:
And they also put the awful card game "sequel" on GBA, but gave a 3D remake of it to PS2. I don't believe it will land on Wii. Most likely PS3 and 360.

Ehh? The Wii didn't even exist then.

cw_sasuke said:
KH+Mario would sell SO much, i won`t even imagine that kind of game...
It'd definitely sell unbelievably well, I just don't know why people actually think it's possible. The IP situation alone would be unbelievably hellish. I'd hate to be one of the corporate lawyers having to deal with those three-way negotiations (and that's leaving aside things like Nightmare before Christmas which belongs to Buena Vista (Disney subsidiary) and not Disney directly).

KH is looking to be the next victim. Can Nomura save it?

Thank God FFXIII and Versus began development long before SE realized the ps3 would sell so horribly.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
H_Prestige said:

Thank God FFXIII and Versus began development long before SE realized the ps3 would sell so horribly.

Frankly I am shocked that Wii isn't getting a Final Fantasy 13 side story or another game under the FF13 umbrella.

They could push the Wii more than any other developer.

H_Prestige said:

Eh, I think that it's pretty likely that KH3 (whenever it comes out, it'll be 3+ years) will be a PS360 game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Versus got ported to 360, and if FF is already PS360 then it becomes fairly simple to make KH3 on that platform as well, given the size of the combined userbase.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Frankly I am shocked that Wii isn't getting a Final Fantasy 13 side story or another game under the FF13 umbrella.

If that Haerasis thing turns out to be anything more than made-up bullcrap, I'd call the Wii the most likely candidate for it. There are still unannounced Fabula Nova Crystalis projects.

bdouble

Hcoregamer00 said:

aren't there unnanounced games? Of course they might still put Crystal Bearers under it.

xs_mini_neo said:
But GC did.
:lol :lol

AColdDay

badcrumble said:
It'd definitely sell unbelievably well, I just don't know why people actually think it's possible. The IP situation alone would be unbelievably hellish. I'd hate to be one of the corporate lawyers having to deal with those three-way negotiations (and that's leaving aside things like Nightmare before Christmas which belongs to Buena Vista (Disney subsidiary) and not Disney directly).

Yeah, but what kind of numbers did the first and second KH do? Something like this would result in the mindblowing Smash Brothers Brawl-initial sales (IMO, I would imagine that the same people who bought SSBB day 1 would do the same for KH3) while sales potential would remain through the roof with it being on the most prolific console of the generation.

The demographics are there, past performance of the series is great and the last collaborative game (SSBB) on the console of this scope set records as being the fasting selling Nintendo game (I can't remember if it was Wii only, or in all of Nintendo's history, I believe the latter).

Nintendo and Square collaborated in the past with wonderful results (SMRPG), Square and Disney collaborated in the past with good results (I believe) so a collaboration between three of the parties wouldn't be unfounded and could be very plausible, legal hurdles be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom