• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

2l9mgz.jpg

Jonnyram

Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Zoe

They weren't allowed to take pictures of the movie clip. There was an angel that looked like Dragon Ball's 天津飯 (sorry, don't know shit about DB)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jonnyram said:

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

WINNAR!!!

theultimo said:
Well DQ 10 for wii is now the headline for the article with the liveblog..
Oh really? Well I guess it wasn't a misfire after all then.

Jonnyram said:

:lol :lol :lol

Perfect, just perfect.

Ydahs

Jonnyram said:

:lol :lol :lol

Pachael said:
Are you sure that's not:

Q: Is DQ10 going to come out for the Wii?
A: DQ9 is coming out soon, enjoyyy

Exactly what I'm thinking. But DQX on Wii is all but inevitable unless Nintendo releases Wii 2 by 2010.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jonnyram said:

hahahahhaha awesome :lol

Teknoman

Jonnyram said:

Oh ho! Is funny because other poster honestly said that for FFXIII topic!

But seriously, I see what you did there.

Jonnyram said:

Awesome.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jonnyram said:

Wait what...

Tenbatsu

Jonnyram said:

I thought I read this somewhere before...hmm...

Barakov

Gold Member
Jonnyram said:

Blast from the past.

Jonnyram said:

:lol :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So have our Japanese GAFers confirmed the live blog?

Jonnyram said:

:lol Never gets old.

Jonnyram said:

Oh god I think I love you.

But seriously. Mistranslation or no?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Jonnyram said:

Now the Amirox quote and we are done.

Tenbatsu

14:32 スクエニ和田社長挨拶。「岩田社長にご登場いただけるのは滅多にないことなので、本当にうれしい」「ドラクエIXの完成は、本当にホッとしている。あぁよかったという気持ち」
14:27 任天堂岩田社長登壇。ものすごい笑顔! 岩田社長「WiiでドラクエX(テン)を開発していただいて、ありがとうございます」
14:25 堀井氏「WiiでドラゴンクエストX(テン)も開発しています」とポロリ。え? マジ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom