• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kersploosh! -- 3DS eShop March 7

Neiteio

UPDATE #1: In Europe, the game will be called Splash or Crash, and comes out Feb. 28.

UPDATE #2: Added screens to the bottom of the OP.

Searched but saw no dedicated thread, which didn't surprise me. Game looks awesome, though! 'Twas revealed in yesterday's Nintendo Direct -- no mention of who's making it (that I recall), but it's hitting the eShop March 7.

OFFICIAL TRAILER HERE.

Kersploosh.jpg

The name reminds me of Salvatore from Wind Waker, and also suggests the sound of freshly voided feces falling into the toilet. Through rigorous scientific analysis, I've concluded the game will have a similar good poopy feeling.

You play as a stone (or any number of round objects, like a watermelon, or a nesting doll, or hopefully actual feces), plummeting down a well, one filled with obstacles like crisscrossing planks, or pizza slices that magically emerge from the walls.

It looks fun to me because it reminds me of the squirrel-suit mission in Pilotwings Resort. If so, the use of 3D should be superb, for a dizzying sense of depth and speed. Also reminds me a bit of the unfortunately named base-jumping game, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.

I'm probably the only one interested, but it seems like a fast, fun game well-suited to the system's strengths. :)

Some screens -- thanks Kazerei:

3ds_kersploosh_022013k3uk3.png

3ds_kersploosh_022013vhut8.png

3ds_kersploosh_022013cnurc.png

3ds_kersploosh_022013qhu9z.png

3ds_kersploosh_02201332uar.png

3ds_kersploosh_022013q1udw.png

3ds_kersploosh_02201315uex.png

Depending on the price/impressions, I'll be picking this up. I'd like to know who's developing it.

I also thought of AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! when it was announced.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game's actually Poisoft's Hiyu Stone, which was an eShop launch title in Japan. Nintendo didn't develop it.

It's kinda weird that they decided to suddenly pick this up and release it here.

game is called Splash or Crash in Europe and will launch on February 28th.
I think it launched in japan more than a year ago under the name Hyu Stone

Neiteio

The European name is different, right? That should probably be in the title/OP.

EDIT: beaten handily.
I put an update at the top of the OP with the European name and launch date.

I am most eager to throw shit down a well. Honestly the third most interesting ND announcement to me, after DKCR3D and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Thanks for sharing this. Interesting Poisoft's last game was a title where you play as the king in a 16-bit RPG, and it looked like this:

order052009.jpg

And now they're making a full 3D falling-down-a-well simulator. Fuck if I know what they'll make next, lol.
A game where you play as a king falling down a well.

Bururian

Thanks for sharing this. Interesting Poisoft's last game was a title where you play as the king in a 16-bit RPG, and it looked like this:

order052009.jpg

And now they're making a full 3D falling-down-a-well simulator. Fuck if I know what they'll make next, lol.

That is a whole hell of a lot of purple in one screenshot.

batbeg

Bottom screen and menus look super weak. This seems like a fun game if priced right, or eventually put on sale.

GRW810

What is it with Nintendo eShop titles and their different names in NA and EU? Pullblox, Birds 'n' Bombs, this. We share a language, I'm pretty sure I can comprehend the title Spotto.

gururoji

So glad to see these screens with the controls on the 2nd screen, as I was afraid after the vid that they would make this tilt control which I would have no interest in.

Neiteio

What is it with Nintendo eShop titles and their different names in NA and EU? Pullblox, Birds 'n' Bombs, this. We share a language, I'm pretty sure I can comprehend the title Spotto.
Slippery slope. Reggie knows that if we recognize the shared roots of our language, the wily Europeans will take over, and before you know it, you'll be playing games like "Pip, pip, cheerio!" and "Sacre bleu!" and "Prisa prisa mis pantalones están en llamas."

batbeg said:
Bottom screen and menus look super weak. This seems like a fun game if priced right, or eventually put on sale.
Yeah, it's like they repurposed leftover props from Excitebots. Adds to the kitschy charm, imo.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I'm sure there's more to it but the game looks kinda like Ketzal's Corridors: Circular Edition.

Neiteio

What this game should have been in the first place.
And then you reach the hollow center of the earth and slingshot back up the well due to reverse gravity, screaming "ASCENSIONNNNNNNNNN!" as you rocket back to your kingdom.

(I'm having too much fun inventing plot.)

Top Bottom