• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - M2 ShotTriggers release - (2017, platform TBA)

ketsuiNM.jpg

M2 will release CAVE's 'Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi' (2002) as an M2 ShotTriggers title, expected in 2017. Platform has yet to be announced, but with the last two ShotTriggers releases (Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron) both released on PS4, it's a pretty safe bet that Ketsui will follow suit.

4gamer.net (Japanese text)

andymcc

Banned
Must buy because it's a great game but I wish it was something that's been out of print longer/never ported to console. Batrider would have been best.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hope DOJBL gets reported next if they're doing the PGM stuff. The 360 port is solid but the training mode is basically useless and stuff.

Risette

A Good Citizen
They didn't initially but you should be fine now, IIRC.
does this mean usb saturn pads will work?

haven't bought any of these yet because i'm saving up to have a saturn->ps4 converter made but if my usb one will work that will do until then

I'm just happy the ShotTriggers line looks to be doing well enough that they are continuing with it. With enough time it could be an incredible collection of shmups.

Tain

lol if you like 2D action games and wind up not picking up any form of this game

Really though, it's not the most thrilling port but I'm happy to see it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
does this mean usb saturn pads will work?

haven't bought any of these yet because i'm saving up to have a saturn->ps4 converter made but if my usb one will work that will do until then

I believe the USB Saturn pads still have issues with PS4 games that offer PS3 controller support but don't quote me on that.

Must buy because it's a great game but I wish it was something that's been out of print longer/never ported to console. Batrider would have been best.

Yeah I was really hoping they were going to follow up Garegga with Batrider, Battle Bakraid, or another Raizing game, would have made so much sense. This is still very good news, just wish it wasn't a shmup that already has a home port.

Coda

Yeah I was really hoping they were going to follow up Garegga with Batrider, Battle Bakraid, or another Raizing game, would have made so much sense. This is still very good news, just wish it wasn't a shmup that already has a home port.

I want Ibara Kuro so bad, that game needs a proper port.

Yes Boss!

Incidentally, I'm selling my PS2 copy of Ibara if anybody is interested. I have the PCB so figure I would get rid of the disc.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh my god yes. I didn't have a 360 last gen, and I was never able to get a copy of the PS3 version, so I'll be all over this when it comes out (as long as it's PS4).

EricB

Hopefully this one gets PC release.

This is my favorite shmup ever along with Battle Garegga and Batrider.

Agreed on both accounts. Can't really put my finger on why, but there is something really special about this game to me. That being said, I already own it on PS3 and I would be hesitant to rebuy it on PS4 just because it is the current system. A PC purchase, on the other hand, means it goes into my always-available archives.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I find it kind of difficult to not be negative about this, despite that I am absolutely interested.

Ketsui is an awesome game. A really awesome game. However:

1) It's readily available on 360 and PS3. Both of those ports were good, and they're still cheap.

2) Until they're ready to give me a physical disc, I'm really not interested in buying these right now. I understand that's petty and dumb.

There were dozens of games I would have preferred to this.

Jockel

Ugh. I don't need yet another version of Ketsui. Oh well. Day one.
For those suggesting Ibara Kuro, I dunno about that. It is such a niche game, even for a Cave shooter. I had it in my cab for a few months, it's super hard to get into. Maybe as an extra mode for an Ibara port.

I get where people are coming from with hoping for certain titles. One thing to consider is if the one generation platform future comes to pass, which we will see after pro/Scorpio, then the more stuff that gets ported the better.

If PSwhatever 10-15+ years from now can still play this stuff perfectly (again, we'll see), and all these can be picked up easily/cheap (I've done my fair share of physical software and hardware importing) then get it all on here. I want ShotTriggers releases of everything. EVERYTHING.

Tizoc

Well PS4 is a given, but they should onsider releasing on more platforms if possible like Switch, PC and X1.

Yes Boss!

Great to see. Still haven't picked up the other releases in this series, wonder if it's worth holding off for some sort of disc-based collection?

They are cheap enough and phenomenal ports that I would try to support them now if you have any passing interest in playing them. As we know M2 is a smaller outfit that is constantly juggling man-power (from what those in-depth 3D classics interviews have led us to believe) so if a compilation disc were to be released it would be an inexpensive double-dip.

My hope is that they have the tools built up now that they have done a few and perhaps we will see two to three a year going forward. I'd be curious to know some sales numbers. I can't imagine these reaching out to a wider audience given how poorly shmup titles have sold ove the last decade. They are solid efforts and beautifully presented.

Danny Dudekisser

I do like that M2 is just putting these out on PS4. They're focused on delivering one, single package that operates exactly the way it should... but then, I've always liked the idea of games being exclusive. Makes them feel special.

I still find this an odd choice, maybe M2 wanted to do another Raizing shmup but couldn't secure a deal at the moment? Cave wise as someone else said why can't we get Esp Ra De, even a new port of the original Do Don Pachi would make more sense as that game hasn't had a port since the PSX/Sat versions and like Garegga it's also its 20th anniversary.

Yes Boss!

I know it seems we are treading old road but let us not kid ourselves...this will be packed with remixes and guest mixes and likely a new mode. Plenty to be excited about and the new definitive version!

MrDoctor

ESP Ra.de is locked up with Atlus, that's why they made ESPgaluda instead of Ra.de 2.
i'm sure garegga and all raizing's stuff is locked up in licensing. m2 has outright said the point of the shot triggers line is to give life to these games that their holders would have rot away. atlus gives me the impression of holding a tight grip on their ips, but sega def has no qualms doing business with m2.

@MUWANdo

Banned
i'm sure garegga and all raizing's stuff is locked up in licensing. m2 has outright said the point of the shot triggers line is to give life to these games that their holders would have rot away. atlus gives me the impression of holding a tight grip on their ips, but sega def has no qualms doing business with m2.

Sure, and Sega even did some of the distribution on PS4 Garegga (although I don't know what they did, given it was mostly digital-only) but Sega can't necessarily just greenlight Atlus stuff for them on a whim. (I'd expect something related to Thunder Force first, honestly.)

Most of Raizing's stuff is clear, they just have to talk to 8ing. They'll get to their other games if and when they feel like it, I guess.

It should also be mentioned that they're not just interested in arcade games: console releases and PC games, even doujin games, are said to be on the table.

Danny Dudekisser

I know it seems we are treading old road but let us not kid ourselves...this will be packed with remixes and guest mixes and likely a new mode. Plenty to be excited about and the new definitive version!

Yeah, that's exciting stuff. PS3/360 version's X-Mode was kinda cool, but M2 are no doubt going to offer up some tantalizing stuff of their own. And multiple soundtracks are basically guaranteed. And stuff like built in scanline modes would be a nice addition, too.

Top Bottom