• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Feige Confirms Charlie Cox Will Be the MCU’s Daredevil

ManaByte

Gold Member

If you were to see Daredevil in upcoming things, Charlie Cox, yes, would be the actor playing Daredevil. Where we see that, how we see that, when we see that, remains to be seen.

charlie cox netflix GIF

Atrus

Gold Member
I hope they continue the narrative instead of re-starting it but we’ll see I guess.

I also liked John Bernthal as a The Punisher and would like to see him continue in the role, but I’m not sure if Disney will want to associate themselves with the character without watering it down.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
It's cute how he's trying to act like he gives a special shit about the character after making that awful second season.

intbal

Great news.
Except that the MCU version will have to be tossing out unfunny quips every 45 seconds.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's cute how he's trying to act like he gives a special shit about the character after making that awful second season.

Are we talking about the Punisher? If so, then I agree, the second season was poor. Too much time dedicated to Billy when the main protagonist should have been John Pilgrim.

GymWolf

Are we talking about the Punisher? If so, then I agree, the second season was poor. Too much time dedicated to Billy when the main protagonist should have been John Pilgrim.
Both second season of daredevil and punisher are bad tbh.

The hand was a comically bad villain.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Feige had nothing to do with the TV/Netflix/Freeform shows as that was handled by Ike Perlmutter... All those things were separate from the MCU, even if they did acknowledge the MCU, the MCU never acknowledged them.

jason10mm

Gold Member
What's Charle Cox been up to lately? Seems like he dropped off the radar for quite a while. Hope he has been staying in shape. Hawkeye is starting to give me some hope that the MCU can avoid a gratuitous CGI laden cartoon in favor of actual stunt work and choreography.

I think the Punisher, much like the Hulk, is best served in small doses.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Man he's awesome.

If it's not Disney magic crap like every other Marvel show, I'd love to watch it. Shouldn't water down Daredevil either, but they will. Everything is watered down so much they don't even have negative emotions in Shang Chi. Everyone was cracking jokes the entire time, even during fights.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Except for Jarvis from Agent Carter being in Endgame.

That was the ONLY time they did it. Markus and McFeely actually we're going to include all the Marvel Netflix characters for the Endgame final battle but thought it'd be confusing for audiences who don't watch those shows.

I watched the first season of Daredevil on Netflix during it's initial run and found it average on the whole. One thing I did like was the fictitious painting 'Rabbit in a Snowstorm' which I thought was freaking amazing!

5022484-second%20time%202%20copy.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Oh they've only said about a billion times that Deadpool will continue to be rated R AND be part of the MCU, but that doesn't stop people from pretending that it wasn't confirmed multiple times.
Not all of us follow every random interview. I'd guess almost no one does.

Irobot82

Oh they've only said about a billion times that Deadpool will continue to be rated R AND be part of the MCU, but that doesn't stop people from pretending that it wasn't confirmed multiple times.
You really trust Disney? I hope they keep it R, but we don't know until it actually happens.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You really trust Disney? I hope they keep it R, but we don't know until it actually happens.

Feige confirmed it.

“I think we target everything we’re doing for kids and adults, so I think your question is more adult or R-rated. Other than Deadpool, which has already established itself as a certain genre and a certain rating, that we already said we would not mess with when we started working on Deadpool — which we haveother than that, we haven’t encountered a story or a storyline or a character’s journey that a PG-13, or the tone, or the ratings we’ve been using up to this point has prevented us. We haven’t been held back by. If we ever are, than certainly there can be a discussion that can be had now that there’s other outlets like Star. But that just hasn’t been the case. We’ve told all the stories that we wanted to with the tonality and the rating we have now."

They're already working on the MCU Deadpool 3 and it's rated R.

Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio where the best thing about the Netflix universe so its good news I guess.
I loved the first season. Hopefully they redesign the costume and do something cool if they have Kingpin & Daredevil brawl again. All the fight sequences were great but for the DD V KP alley fight. Pitting this relatively small, super-agile fighter against a sloppy, grimacing wind-milling giant didn't work for me.

jason10mm

Gold Member
There is "rated R" for some bad language and dick jokes and then there is RATED R for excessive gore, tits, and sadistic content. Call me when Deadpool, blade, or the punisher hit the latter.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is "rated R" for some bad language and dick jokes and then there is RATED R for excessive gore, tits, and sadistic content. Call me when Deadpool, blade, or the punisher hit the latter.

There wasn't excessive tits in either Deadpool 1 or 2 so I don't see what your comment has to do with people in this thread concerned about Marvel changing the Deadpool movies (which Feige says they're not doing since they're already working on Deadpool 3).

jason10mm

Gold Member
There wasn't excessive tits in either Deadpool 1 or 2 so I don't see what your comment has to do with people in this thread concerned about Marvel changing the Deadpool movies (which Feige says they're not doing since they're already working on Deadpool 3).
I'm saying the Deadpool movies are barely R rated to begin with. I want street marvel to feel like 80s action films.

GymWolf

But the parts with the Punisher in were so good. The fight scene in the prison where he rips through a dozen losers with his bare hands
That part and his fight against kingpin were one of the few good things.

But such a letdown after a great first season.

Top Bottom