• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira is teasing a Nintendo NX announcement at the GameStop Expo on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Note: The last image (Twitter) is referencing this NX speculation thread on GAF. It's not even a Nintendo thread, it's NLG and NX.

It's entirely possible that he's straight up trolling but I think the title is accurate. Mods can change it if they disagree.

Not sure if this is thread worthy, so I'll post it here:

Kevin Periera (host of Attack of the Show and the recent Nintendo World Championships) tweeted:

Kevin Pereira
14h14 hours ago
Kevin Pereira ‏@Attack
Anaheim. Nintendo. GameStop. Let's get cozy.

For those that don't know, the Gamestop Expo starts this Wednesday.

If you look at his SnapChat (AttackSnap), in one of his story snaps he quickly turns the phone camera away from a television screen, saying "you weren't suppose to see that". He also mentions in another snap that he is rehearsing for something Nintendo-related at the expo.
what the what?

Taken from Kevin Periera's Snapchat

CsK35zlWAAEsLbj.jpg

Is this happening?

y5Y9yGh.jpg

georly

NX?

Really?

No.

This is how publishers push their fall lineup on gamestop's managers to drive up preorder numbers. Games or systems do not get announced here.

Nintendo probably just hired him to present - they hired him to do the nintendo world championships last year.

It's just going to be about the upcoming amiibos, The Mini NES, and maybe some new N3DS designs exclusive to GameStop. NX is not happening in September.

FelipeMGM

Would Nintendo let him tease this much if this was really an NX reveal tho?

I sure hope yes they would, but I dont believe it

Zomba13

It'll be fuckingnothing.gif.

Here are some great 3DS games you can expect to buy this year and early next!

jmizzal

woah so its a big conference room, what the heck else is Nintendo gonna show in a big conf room.

NX reveal team believe

Retail exclusive most likely - amiibo, perhaps a peripheral to Super Mario Run, etc - but almost certainly not a console announcement.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The title shouldn't have had NX in it. Not only he could be trolling with some of his tweets, but there's nothing at all indicating "NX" anywhere. Just that it's Nintendo-related for sure. Nothing else.

Malus

"We're interpreting that Kevin Pereira is teasing a Nintendo NX announcement"

The last image from his Twitter directly references an NX thread.

The post he was linked to doesn't actually mention the NX.

That said, it's 100% NX confirmed y'all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo wouldn't just drop an NX reveal with absolutely no warning at a GameStop expo.

Guys, be reasonable.

I can almost feel the rage when it's just a 40 minute presentation of new Mario Party minigames and Color Splash food animations and shit before the gamestop employees get their hands-on with the fall line-up.

I mean, who fucking knows at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom