• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira is teasing a Nintendo NX announcement at the GameStop Expo on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Probably he's teasing the presentation of the New Galaxy-themed New 3ds New XL or something like that.

y5Y9yGh.jpg

This is about a different kind of smoke. But he'll get burned probably anyhow.

anothertech

Where exactly is the NX tease? I just see Mario on a red screen?

Could be a dam Nintendo iPhone sales announcement for GameStop for all we know...

It's not NX. They would never reveal it at a GameStop expo of all things. Lol.

My best guess- this is why official NES Classic Mini preorders never went live. The NES Classic Mini will be GameStop exclusive or have some GS exclusive extra and that's why Nintendo is there.

Kevin knows it's for an upcoming Nintendo console but is being coy to string you guys along. GameStop sends their thanks, most of us didn't even know they had an expo.

soultron

Banned
I'm having fun and that's all that matters. Thank you Kevin Pereira. You're making the world a better place.

There better be NX news or so help me god

I do find it interesting that he hasn't debunked people's speculation of NX news based on his teasing. It started yesterday morning and yet here we are still.

He's not allowed to comment in any way -- confirming or denying. This is one crucial thing you learn when you get media training.

KP is hyping his own presence at the event, that's all.

AdanVC

...... :( I simply will not comment on this topic anymore. I'm beyond BEYOND tired of rumors and speculations with this dumb device. I want to believe this time... but nah.

Coda

Probably will be an announcement for a new Nintendo Championship or something, I'd be really surprised if they reveal the NX here. I thought we all were assuming they'd talk about it at TGS?

Reki

Pretty unlikely it's the reveal itself, but what if they announce the reveal date/event at this expo? Do we have some precedent of them doing something similar?

Edit: Obviously it would be after the talk about the already announced games and amiibo.

AdanVC

He's not hinting at an NX reveal here

Yeah. Maybe this is real but no NX related. Nintendo probably will just show up to announce something Nintendo fans never asked like usual. A dumb New 3DS XL New New XL Gravity Galaxy edition or something like that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Maybe they are planning to fill in retailers about the NX this week and have a full, public-unveiling of the NX soon after?

jmizzal

I don't think it'll be a full on reveal but I think we might get a reveal date at least.

Reveal date which will be send out by PR and all Nintendo social media sites at the same time, but people at the GS expo will get a sneak peak image of the NX which will prob leak later lol.

RPGCrazied

They aren't going to announce the NX there. Maybe some sort of Nintendo event though. I'm sure they will save the NX for its own direct.

BY2K

Membero Americo
nintendo direct announcement tomorrow

the actual direct the morning before gamestop expo

lets go

If the Direct announcement is tomorrow, then the Direct is gonna happen the same day as the GameStop Expo, not the day before.

Just wait until 8 am tomorrow guys and we'll see if anything comes of it.

I still think Nintendo can easily announce a NX reveal announcement video tomorrow.

To clarify that tweet screencap, the thread in question is a NX related thread to some degree. I don't think it's THAT big of a jump to assume he's referring to the NX when he claims "where there's smoke there's fire".
That said, I'm still prepped for disappointment.

maxcriden

nintendo direct announcement tomorrow

the actual direct the morning before gamestop expo

lets go

sorry, meant in the morning before the expo

so wednesday :)

I thought the Nintendo Conference part of the expo is tomorrow and not Weds. though?

Reveal date which will be send out by PR and all Nintendo social media sites at the same time, but people at the GS expo will get a sneak peak image of the NX which will prob leak later lol.

I agree it would leak, and since Nintendo has been so strongly keeping NX on lockdown, why would they risk it at this point?

They're announcing it at a Gamestop Expo because the NX is gonna have always online DRM, and Gamestop will be the only authorized re-seller of used games.

marmoka

Banned
The announcement is obviously this:

vJzqt6v.jpg

Now seriously, we have seen some many fake news about the announcement date of the NX Reveal date, and they all were nothing in the end. Probably this has more credibility, because he presented NWC last year, but still, I rather not to believe, to avoid frustrations.

Worst of all, is that I will be connected to GAF all day long, waiting for an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom