• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's Double Down Sandwich looks...interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
eiqb2w.jpg

1zybp7t.jpg

2qbdp8g.jpg

And the taste?

That’s it? That is the sandwich? That’s not worth five dollars. <takes a bite> Oh… oh my God. That is the best thing ever. I don’t know what “Colonel’s Sauce” is, but it is like a party in my mouth. This is completely worth the five dollars. Unfortunately I’m going to end up weighing 700 lbs after this, but it is simply amazing.

Source

I hate eating fast food but I think I'm gonna have to try this tonight...

Reminds me of the Flying Dutchman burger you can get at In-N-Out, except replace the chicken with burger patties.

Sounds interesting though.

Yackie

:lol :lol Wow, breaded chicken is the new bread. Between this and the peanut butter and jelly sandwich thread, I'm getting hungry.

_leech_ said:
It's only a matter of time before someone uses burgers as buns on a burger. There's a meme in there somewhere.

As I mentioned earlier, In-N-Out has. It's called "The Flying Dutchman". :p

It's just meat and cheese, that's all.

batbeg

I doubt it'll come over to the UK, but I'd totally be all over it if it did.

...which reminds me, I've not had any fast food this week D: Need to think of what to have tomorrow.

MisterHero

Auron_Kale said:
As I mentioned earlier, In-N-Out has. It's called "The Flying Dutchman". :p

It's just meat and cheese, that's all.
this KFC sandwich is only brilliant because crispy chicken is meant to be held by fingers!

enjoy your greasy hands!

Costanza said:
no bacon? failll

Alas, I wish In-N-Out had bacon in their burgers...but they don't . :(

Still good though, though I end up going with a plain double double to suit my needs (bun, meat, 2 slices of cheese, meat, bun) as the Dutchman is quite messy to eat, despite the paper wrapper. :p

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
...there is a KFC less than a minute from my house.

I think I just figured out what I'm eating for dinner in my wife's absence...

See...the next thing they need to realize is that they are missing out on the cheese front---NOT breading discs of it up fried mozzarella style then stuffing it inbetween the breaded meat and non-breaded meat is just so much wasted potential.

I live by a KFC, but no way in hell am I paying $5 for this....heart attack.

oh, who am i kidding. I'll get this along with that mashed potato bowl. :lol

biggyfries said:
I live by a KFC, but no way in hell am I paying $5 for this....heart attack.

oh, who am i kidding. I'll get this along with that mashed potato bowl. :lol
What exactly would cause the heart attack here? KFC uses trans-fat free oil, chicken is healthier than red meat, and cheese doesn't clog arteries.

GAF always overreacts to food based on 1980's nutrition myths.

Esch

Banned
This is like, hyper-american.

I'd hate to hold it though, i think that would be kind of gross. maybe if someone fed it to me?

:lol

baultista

Banned
Moar like COLONEL'S JIZZ AMIRITE?

Seriously though I saw this on This is Why You're Fat and I thought it was a stupid thing for someone to make. I had no idea that KFC actually sold this thing.

I figure that it would be greasy to hold, and if the chicken was hot (impossible, they sit under warming lamps for hours after being cooked) it might burn your fingers.

Still though... I'm left wondering what one would taste like. Curse my autoimmune diseases!

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
What exactly would cause the heart attack here? KFC uses trans-fat free oil, chicken is healthier than red meat, and cheese doesn't clog arteries.

GAF always overreacts to food based on 1980's nutrition myths.

But....you left out the bacon. :lol

Dont get me wrong, Im sure that this is a bit healthier than some of the other fast food stuffs out there, but I would like to see the caloric and fat intake on this sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom