• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3 the last 100 days

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't care how convoluted the KH's story is, I still find it fun to find out what happens next and I find the characters charming and fun most of the time so I'm pretty excited to finally able to continue the story.

Vawn

Banned
I almost thought that was its official subtitle.

I've tried several times to get into this franchise. I'm a huge JRPG, Final Fantasy and SquareEnix fan. But, man, Kingdom Hearts.... I don't get the appeal.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I've tried several times to get into this franchise. I'm a huge JRPG, Final Fantasy and SquareEnix fan. But, man, Kingdom Hearts.... I don't get the appeal.
The appeal is most if you are in to Disney movies and like the idea going through different Disney worlds. Also in my opinion KHIIFM has one of the best combat in action JRPG and if the KHIII's combat is half as good as KHIIFM then we here for a treat.

Wunray

I really like the story, it is a hot mess but it has a sort convoluted anime vibe to it that I like.

Thinking about making this the countdown thread, not entirely sure I can keep up though.

Last edited:

Wunray

Day 99
kh25-mov-heroes.jpg

Akuza89

I hope they don't tease kingdom hearts 4 at the end of the game... I don't think my heart can take waiting 14 years again! :messenger_loudly_crying:

(I mean I'd love a new kingdom hearts afterwards, but just not so long on the development!)

Last edited:

Wunray

I hope they don't tease kingdom hearts 4 at the end of the game... I don't think my heart can take waiting 14 years again! :messenger_loudly_crying:

(I mean I'd love a new kingdom hearts afterwards, but just not so long on the development!)
They already said that kh3 won't be the end of sora's adventures, but I know what you mean.

Kenpachii

To get me to be interested in kingdom hearts after 14 years again.

1) Stamp it full with classic worlds up to 30 worlds so there is for 100's of hours of content going on if you really cared for it.
2) Lots of classics like merlin and not the newer disney worlds only, which i couldn't care about. Obviously they can be in it.
3) Make worlds optional, you choose which world you want to visit and not be forced to sit through worlds you couldn't care about
4) Make it divinity type of combat and remove the hack and slash type of combat out of it
5) Remove the story, make mini story's in the worlds itself that are disconnected entirely.
6) Have some small mmo type of world in it which could be interesting as one world just for 10 levels or something to do some simple raiding like the first human area of world of warcraft nothing more as example, and maybe a rts world.
6) Co-op walking through all the worlds with a friend that doesn't need to buy the copy himself but can be shared
7) 30 bucks at max, couldn't care for more then that, including all dlc's and everything else with it
8) PC on steam, with workshop and modding.

Sadly its most likely going to be more of the same, with a new layer of paint, with worlds i couldn't care about like they demonstrated most of it. And a story that honestly puts you off even if you cared for it.

Maybe i just outgrow kingdom hearts entirely, it has been to long.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Not gonna lie. I think the story is a mess, I don't care about the organization whatsoever. Gameplay never felt like a good character action game to me personally, because it is going for a hyprid like ff15, and I just find it clunky.

But with that said, there is a high chance I am gonna get 3, simply because I am a sucker for disney movies like the pirates series and in recent years tangled and frozen. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Danjin44

To get me to be interested in kingdom hearts after 14 years again.

1) Stamp it full with classic worlds up to 30 worlds so there is for 100's of hours of content going on if you really cared for it.
2) Lots of classics like merlin and not the newer disney worlds only, which i couldn't care about. Obviously they can be in it.
3) Make worlds optional, you choose which world you want to visit and not be forced to sit through worlds you couldn't care about
4) Make it divinity type of combat and remove the hack and slash type of combat out of it
5) Remove the story, make mini story's in the worlds itself that are disconnected entirely.
6) Have some small mmo type of world in it which could be interesting as one world just for 10 levels or something to do some simple raiding like the first human area of world of warcraft nothing more as example, and maybe a rts world.
6) Co-op walking through all the worlds with a friend that doesn't need to buy the copy himself but can be shared
7) 30 bucks at max, couldn't care for more then that, including all dlc's and everything else with it
8) PC on steam, with workshop and modding.

Sadly its most likely going to be more of the same, with a new layer of paint, with worlds i couldn't care about like they demonstrated most of it. And a story that honestly puts you off even if you cared for it.

Maybe i just outgrow kingdom hearts entirely, it has been to long.
I'm sorry none of that sounds good. Who the hell want this game to be MMO!!? It feel like want entirely different game.

This is EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Just wish I didn’t have to sit through a cringey tween drama to get to it.
As convoluted as the story is I personally still find it fun and honestly the entire word "cringey" has lost all meaning to me because these days people find anything and everything "cringey".

Last edited:

Akuza89

Day 98
kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-screenshot-3.jpg

Is this your sneaky way of adding another 100 posts to your total :pie_thinking:... I kid I kid.

I need to get a pre-order down for this.... anyone in the UK have anywhere with the best price? for any of the editions really!

Wunray

Is this your sneaky way of adding another 100 posts to your total :pie_thinking:... I kid I kid.

I need to get a pre-order down for this.... anyone in the UK have anywhere with the best price? for any of the editions really!
I am being that transparent huh? I wanna get the special edition ps4 pro for it. Wanna play this at a higher frame rate you see. 4k wouldn't be so bad either.

Danjin44

I'm thinking watching Disney moves that will be in KHIII. What part of Pirates of the Caribbean is in KHIII? Is the 2nd or 3rd one?

When I saw the thread title I though it was some kind of DLC pack or some spin-off game related to KH3.

All those oddly named Kingdom Hearts games has made it hard to take thread titles with them seriously.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 day and a fornite of 1/1024th and 14 days dream drop."

Wunray

Thanks. I actually only watch first one from that series.
The movies kept getting more complex and adding more and more impossible set pieces, I found them very entertaining, the last one sucked though.

When I saw the thread title I though it was some kind of DLC pack or some spin-off game related to KH3.

All those oddly named Kingdom Hearts games has made it hard to take thread titles with them seriously.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 day and a fornite of 1/1024th and 14 days dream drop."

Soooooooooo you just gonna leak this right here with no spoiler tags? oooooo keeeeee then.

The movies kept getting more complex and adding more and more impossible set pieces, I found them very entertaining, the last one sucked though.

Soooooooooo you just gonna leak this right here with no spoiler tags? oooooo keeeeee then.

My bad, I though for sure it was obvious that would be the name since it's a sequel to "Hyper Turbo Kombat Kingdom Hearts 2, FFVIII character Ehrgeiz edition."

Danjin44

I want to see SE do same thing as it did for NieR Automata, bring different artists to do illustration for countdown.

Danjin44

One thing I’m worried about is that in Japan the game comes in 25th and here in 29th, so in 4 days there going crazy amount spoilers around. I wish they would just release them in same day for all regions.

Akuza89

One thing I’m worried about is that in Japan the game comes in 25th and here in 29th, so in 4 days there going crazy amount spoilers around. I wish they would just release them in same day for all regions.

I would doubt it, Japan are usually quiet when it comes to this sort of stuff... it's only if it comes out elsewhere you should worry!

Danjin44

I would doubt it, Japan are usually quiet when it comes to this sort of stuff... it's only if it comes out elsewhere you should worry!
I hope you are right but just be in safe side I going have to avoid Youtube in those 4 days.

Wunray

I would worry, peeps been waiting for ten years they gonna import that and spoil it to hell.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
As convoluted as the story is I personally still find it fun and honestly the entire word "cringey" has lost all meaning to me because these days people find anything and everything "cringey".
When Sora says something like “I have something more powerful than a Keyblade...... MY HEART!” Almost as bad as the opening “pop star Yuna” video in FF X-2.

Danjin44

When Sora says something like “I have something more powerful than a Keyblade...... MY HEART!” Almost as bad as the opening “pop star Yuna” video in FF X-2.
Then "cringe" about it I guess? I don't know what part of thats exactly "cringey"!!? The game is always been about power of hearts, I meant the game is called Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Wunray

Then "cringe" about it I guess? I don't know what part of thats exactly "cringey"!!? The game is always been about power of hearts, I meant the game is called Kingdom Hearts.
I usually just laugh at it, like the last line in kingdom hearts 1, "I know now without a doubt, Kingdom hearts is light"...............and then xemnas flips down the ray-bands and proceeds to fuck your shit even more if you are under leveled like I was.

D.Final

Banned
I want to see SE do same thing as it did for NieR Automata, bring different artists to do illustration for countdown.

Also I think that, for the week before DayOne, they could do some sort of artwork countdown.

As they have already done for the release of Nier Automata, and also for Final Fantasy XV.

8aVfgdZ.png

Danjin44

Is it crazy I want A2 as the secret boss in Toy Story world? And when you take half her life she goes to berserk mode and completely destroys you. Or another would be Jin and Malos from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I mean Nomura is the one designed those characters in the first place.

Last edited:

Wunray

Is it crazy I want A2 as the secret boss in Toy Story world? And when you take half her life she goes to berserk mode and completely destroys you. Or another would be Jin and Malos from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I mean Nomura is the one designed those characters in the first place.
Might be a little hard to get them into the game me thinks.

Top Bottom