• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3D Famitsu details [60-70% Complete, Possible Multiplayer, More TWEWY cameos]

I know there was already a thread about the potential TWEWY sequel, but I figured there was enough new information to warrant a new thread. I'd link to the source, but there's scans present, so I'll just post the important stuff. (I apologize in advance if this was already posted)

- All the Disney worlds appearing will be new, and there will be new areas in existing worlds.

- This time Traverse Town is constructed around the reason that Neku and co. have come. He has been separated from his original partner Shiki.

- We’ll go into more detail about Shiki and the others in a follow up report.

- Concerning a sequel to The World Ends With You, there may be something going on. (Already touched upon in the other thread)

- The opening of this title will be in Xehanort’s point of view. Additionally, there will be a surprise unlike anything seen before in the last scene.

- The leveling up of the Dream Eaters is directly related to the growth of Sora and Riku. So far we’ve only seen 2 at a time in battle, but if you give it your all you’ll be able collect all the types.

- Nomura isn’t quite sure off the top of his head, but there are dozens of Dream Eater types.

- There will be multiplayer functions, we’ll explain more in a follow up report.

- KH3D is set to release Spring 2012 in Japan.

- It’s currently about 60% to 70% complete.

Chairhome

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I know there was already a thread about the potential TWEWY sequel, but I figured there was enough new information to warrant a new thread. I'd link to the source, but there's scans present, so I'll just post the important stuff. (I apologize in advance if this was already posted)
This game looks great! Hope it doesn't have as much slowdown as shown in TGS vids, though...

Alrus

SykoTech said:
Multiplayer...meh. Especially on 3DS. And screw Xehanort.

It will probably be local multiplayer and it isn't anything new for KH if you played recent releases.

SykoTech

Alrus said:
It will probably be local multiplayer and it isn't anything new for KH if you played recent releases.

I know, it was a "meh" for me in BbS and 358/2 Days. Never have anyone to play with on handhelds. Not to mention multiplayer isn't something that I'm dying for when it comes to KH anyway.

- SE expands KH by including characters from one of their most highest rated yet undersold games
- SE releases good games for phones
- SE releases new IPs on 3DS and Vita

SE receive my love for recovering and heading to becoming once awesome company it was

saichi

was not a big KH fan (never played any previous games) but now I have to get this game. More TWEWY the better

TUSR

Banned
Tribes of Trusty said:
To be fair, TWEWY was kind of mind-screwy too if you didn't get all the secret reports.
It was a joke about how convoluted the plot is in the KH series.

Reveirg

walking fiend said:
- SE expands KH by including characters from one of their most highest rated yet undersold games
- SE releases good games for phones
- SE releases new IPs on 3DS and Vita

SE receive my love for recovering and heading to becoming once awesome company it was

Yes, but how about some HD games ;_;

Indeed though, better decision making lately. I might actually have to pick up a 3DS for this game eventually... Finally a KH that's not a big rehash of old assets. I guess BBS was fresh too, but again it was more of a side-story.

Azure J

TWEWY elements make this game a must get. Also, I hope we get to see more of
real Shiki, her circumstances in the Reapers' Game was soooo fucked up.

Reveirg said:
Yes, but how about some HD games ;_;

Indeed though, better decision making lately. I might actually have to pick up a 3DS for this game eventually... Finally a KH that's not a big rehash of old assets. I guess BBS was fresh too, but again it was more of a side-story.
BbS was mainline game.

But let's not start this craziness.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
All to be expected info aside from the Traverse Town/TWEWY bit, but still good to know.

I hate that every cameo and world is allways revealed but cant be helped. Hopefully it gets summer release in EU (not SE summer as in september).

Napalm_Frank said:
I hate that every cameo and world is allways revealed but cant be helped. Hopefully it gets summer release in EU (not SE summer as in september).

To be fair, this is what they use to sell the game. I've seen GAF's excitement for KH3D increase so zetta much since the Neku revelation. It's all part of the marketing strategy.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ignorant question: is the 3ds compatible with regular ds games? I am now interested in one and wouldn't mind playing TWEWY either.
Yup.

The Last One said:
Opening in CG, please!
It's a main line game, of course it'll be CG. KH, KH2 and BbS had a CG opening.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
My guess is that Neku and maybe a another TWEWY character or two have a very small side-story in Traverse Town which will act as a (non-essential) bridge to the sequel. But of course, for this to work, they'll need to reveal the sequel before or as KH3D comes out, so that people playing it and seeing these characters, know what's pointing towards.

I'm not one to overstate KH cameos or "what ifs," but it just seems like Nomura talking about it in this sense might give it some credence.

shadyspace said:
I have to play Kingdom Hearts now. GAH DAMMNIT

Time to make a suicide pact for getting this game. I need a 3DS first :L

Napalm_Frank said:
Just watch the TWEWY parts from youtube if KH is that bad for ya :3.

I actually quite like the Disney fanservice too, plus the idea of playing a KH game with only entry-level knowledge of the other games sounds too stupid to not do

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
shadyspace said:
As someone who HATES Kingdom Hearts and LOVES TWENY I'm about as pissed as a person could be.
You're going to play a game you hate for a character cameo that will probably be less than an hour of the game?

Think about that.

Princess Skittles said:
My guess is that Neku and maybe a another TWEWY character or two have a very small side-story in Traverse Town which will act as a (non-essential) bridge to the sequel. But of course, for this to work, they'll need to reveal the sequel before or as KH3D comes out, so that people playing it and seeing these characters, know what's pointing towards.

Given the Dimension hopping that went on the Another Day scenario, I think they could probably get away with that without making it too ridiculous.

Given the Dimension hopping that went on the Another Day scenario, I think they could probably get away with that without making it too ridiculous.

As important as that was to that game's plot, I don't believe Neku and Shiki ever knew much about it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
And that works out here seeing as Traverse Town acts as a meeting place for people lost between worlds (er, at least I think that was what it was).

But yeah, they could easily use this to make the sequel get more notice and sales, as odd as that is.

Princess Skittles said:

I'm not one to overstate KH cameos or "what ifs," but it just seems like Nomura talking about it in this sense might give it some credence.

What if Traverse Town is
a sort of new game for them, as the dimension where the cast played in TWEWY?

Luigi87

Princess Skittles said:
And that works out here seeing as Traverse Town acts as a meeting place for people lost between worlds (er, at least I think that was what it was).

But yeah, they could easily use this to make the sequel get more notice and sales, as odd as that is.

Indeed
Also created from the broken parts of worlds.......

As for TWEWY with this..
Oh snap, clearly Joshua made Traverse Town!

a bit off topic, but I'm playing BBS right now, can someone answer this question during my terra playthrough
when terra got to destiny island and meet little riku, why did terra see image of older rikku and some other white haired dude? and rikku mention someone from destiny island that went 'outside', does that character have any importance and do we know who yet?

Zomba13

Callibretto said:
a bit off topic, but I'm playing BBS right now, can someone answer this question during my terra playthrough
when terra got to destiny island and meet little riku, why did terra see image of older rikku and some other white haired dude? and rikku mention someone from destiny island that went 'outside', does that character have any importance and do we know who yet?
I'm not sure we are told who exactly it is but I think we are to assume the one
that left Destiny Island was Xehanort.

Callibretto said:
The white haired guy who left the islands was a young Xehanort (I'm pretty sure the very first scene in the game shows this too), and the cutscene mainly existed to show the similarities between the paths Riku and Xehanort took in life.

Top Bottom