• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread - 2014 - Making promising projects a reality

I'm glad I got linked to Elegy before the campaign ended. This is a game made for me.
The success of the Elegy KS is even more impressive when you realize they only did a 20 day campaign. 72k in 20 days is really impressive

That Which Sleeps is the first campaign I've backed in a while to reach all its stretch goals; devs added extra goals twice. I think the last game I backed that went through goals like that was Hyper Light Drifter

Gameboy415

This thread has helped me discover several amazing games on Kickstarter (I just backed Beyond Human, Dark Drive, & The Land of Eyas a few minutes ago!) and I hope it will help generate interest in my team's game too!

My team's first game, Anomaly 1729, is now live on both Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight! :D

MZyRHSm.jpg

If anyone would be willing to help back us, vote for us on Greenlight, and/or help spread the word, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/624788817/anomaly-1729

I'm the goofball in the sombrero in the team pic, haha. :)

Steam Greenlight page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330057006

Danceman

Neo Member
Check out this interesting and different turn based tactical game called Graywalkers: Purgatory (Turn-Based Post-Apocalyptic RPG)

Description from the KS "An emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based supernatural post-apocalyptic RPG inspired by Fallout, X-Com and Jagged Alliance."

I would say its a mix of Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns. If by any chance you saw "Dracula Untold" recently out, the ambient of the film reminded me very much of a Graywalker http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829150/

But anyways here's the KS https://www.kickstarter.com/project...walkers-purgatory-turn-based-post-apocalyptic

Oh! do test out the demo which has 2 missions http://graywalkers.com/Demo.html

570ffedf812c21e202c92c5c0ba8fbb7_large.jpg
99dc66b6f596e34fad0f1a125344e0d1_large.jpg

lawrence7

The Last Night

Kickstarter: early 2015
Launch: around early 2016 - PS4, PC, MAC

We want to revive the forgotten cinematic platformer genre.
We want to pursue the tradition of Another World, Flashback, & Oddworld.
We want to lead the next generation of 2D, handcrafted pixel art.

Expect a 2D cyberpunk open world, made up of 4 unique districts each with distinct architecture, cultures and industries.

----

+ Action & infiltration gameplay in the great tradition of cinematic platformers.
+ Travel between districts using taxis, ferries, or monorail while trying to keep low profile.
+ A diverse, inclusive cast of complex characters to interact with through meaningful, branching dialogue.
+ Varied gameplay such as driving down epic highways, flying drones, hacking droids to do your dirty work and remain undetected.
+ Interactive, in-game multiple-choice events. In tricky situations, run away, argue to gain more time, or try to pull your gun.
+ Living, simulated world with dense crowd of citizens doing their own stuff.

hWIdrBe.jpg

Final HoursAdded to Ongoing
Pixel Galaxy
You are a white pixel, and you're helpless by yourself. All the other prettier, more popular pixels can shoot bullets or have special powers. But there's one thing you CAN do: Latch onto other pixels and use their powers.
So, you can either be big or small; powerful or nimble. Just remember, every split-second decision could be your last.

b2f067221da53cf52a1a98c7c85bcf97_large.gif

Air Brawl
An arcade dogfighting game that focuses on responsive flight controls and crazy weapons
68bf7397b4107a25b0680048369458db_large.gif

Nubarron: The Adventure of an Unlucky Gnome
Nubarron is a A 2D puzzle-plaformer set in a gorgeous digital-painted fairy tale world. Traverse this forest looking for your missing lucky hat, while not being able to stay still, since Cloud is throwing thunders constantly at you. But don't be fooled, those same thunders may become pretty useful during your journey.
77df42cf53dc563036cbea68bbcbd293_large.gif

Anomaly 1729
Anomaly 1729 is a game about controlling the world around you. You play as Ano, a curious and simple entity, with the extraordinary ability to rotate the world in any direction using a mysterious device embedded in the creature's right arm. Ano is seemingly alone in the massive and cold world of Phiohm, with the exception of its ruler. Euler, an omnipresent being that's a part of the world itself, who will help to guide Ano to unlock the secrets of Phiohm.
884b6edfeb954e24249a7defb58f1477_large.png

Flamberge
Flamberge is a tactics RPG with simultaneous turns. Both teams plan out their attacks, and then they execute simultaneously.
d17828e1243599972117cc596e4257f6_large.png

Empyrion: Galactic Survival
Empyrion is an open world, space survival adventure where you can fly across space & land on planets. Explore, fight, build & survive.
e20f464e16c5c0102c5aa6634d4a8055_large.jpg

Ingonga
A story-driven horror game set in the swamps near New Orleans that's focused on exploration, atmosphere, and solving a strange mystery.
5df0ecf88fa244336b9f01f670a687b2_large.gif

Coreda

The Last Night

Kickstarter: early 2015
Launch: around early 2016 - PS4, PC, MAC

I am very much looking forward to backing this. Discovered the original game jam version via a Rock, Paper, Shotgun piece, and it nails a cyberpunk and general cool vibe. With the increased fidelity I also hope the music is as well-matched.

tebunker

Banned
Did anyone post about Dust Evolution, yet?

It's a neat board game system, and it is being made with the same people that created (not published) DUST, and while the goals are high, they seem to have realistic funding ideas.

I really want this on Wii U and I am going to follow it. I am not sure DUST has enough of a following to hit the stretches, but it has some good ideas

Fisico

Page is only in french but I discovered 2Dark today (ohoh).

It's the last game coming from Frederick Raynal (you know the guy who created Alone in the Dark and Little Big Adventure), the game is of course a Survival Horror with a gameplay mixing action,infiltration and managing children (!).

The plot is about saving as much children as you can from serial killers, there will be apparently 8 levels and on the technical side the game is in 2.5D and using voxels which make it quite unique from a visual point of view.

Absolutely no word on an english version which is quite a shame :(
The trailer does have english subtitles though.

Added to Ongoing

Convoy
Convoy is a tactical roguelike-like inspired by Mad Max and FTL in which you cross a wasteland in search of parts for your broken ship.
cd84108373b7a165324d08afe64e7b59_large.gif

2Dark
2Dark is a video game from the Survival Horror genre, based on an explosive mix of several gameplays: infiltration, action, adventure and team management.
81db74b49eb63939bcada22b2cadd0e2.png

Aerannis
Action adventure with stealth elements about an assassin in a world controlled by a secret society of ancient shapeshifters
857d6cc43869fc3106bd490f90a73fdc_large.gif

Blackwake - $6,026 of $34,000 goal, ends 12/8 (PC, Mac, Linux)
Multiplayer team FPS featuring destructible naval ships, first person combat, ship sailing/boarding, sea monsters
01cc25bc5c77c6fed33b4632d4a48fcb_large.gif

Crossing Souls
An old-school action adventure with RPG touches. Explore, solve puzzles and fight against an army to avoid a war between worlds.
068ee71a18c0df04b0bf36ffb082908a_large.gif

Courier of the Crypts
Lead the Courier and finish the delivery, but be wary of the cursed and long forgotten crypts. You will have to learn how to use the magic torch to your advantage - to solve puzzles, dodge, or lure enemies into traps and explore dark places without loosing your flame.
20141026151243-Cotc_03_BoatFight.png

Cube and Me is a unique pet simulator with a mixture of RPG, RTS, and "roguelite" elements. You play as Lyle Dyson, an ordinary 22-year-old man who barely scrapes by working as a professional envelope folder. That is, until by chance he encounters the mysterious alien life forms known simply as "Cubes."

3eebbf13f7f140917dc3a83b70eed65f_large.gif

As Lyle, you will be tasked with raising your new friends the Cubes, maintaining your job, and investigating the mysteries surrounding the appearance of the Cubes. Gameplay primarily consists of a combination of raising your Cubes and visiting procedurally generated dungeons spread around the world. These dungeons are filled with treasures and surprises, but penetrating their depths means risking the lives of your precious Cubes! It's your mission to lead the cubes to prosperity with strategic cunning and careful planning... or exploit them for your own gain!

1aaeb535b96bcf4cf5c00946505e6f43_large.gif

3a4f9c827f3a06ec08c3becce37a9261_large.gif

3b7ffd9eb17ef8b21755291655c673a1_large.gif

So Cube and Me finally relaunched. I really want it to make it this time. Everything about it is a game perfectly aimed at what I want to be playing.

It's a combination pet sim and dungeon crawler where you raise pets called cubes. How you raise them affects how they grow up, which affects their performance when dungeoneering. Raise your cubes right, defeat monsters and bosses, get loot, and improve your home! It's Viva Pinata or Chao Garden meets a dungeon crawler.

It'll be awesome when it makes it. It needs to make it. Now that Mew-Genics has been put on hold, someone has to fill the unique pet sim market.

Final Hours
Added to Ongoing
Hollow Knight
A challenging, beautiful and mysterious 2D adventure through a surreal world of insects and heroes
52cbb38e0ba55caeab2cfb4cb5192d5d_large.gif

Cube and Me
Cube and Me is a unique pet simulator with a mixture of RPG, RTS, and "roguelite" elements. You play as Lyle Dyson, an ordinary 18-year-old man who barely scrapes by working as a professional envelope folder. That is, until by chance he encounters the mysterious alien life forms known simply as "Cubes."
3b7ffd9eb17ef8b21755291655c673a1_large.gif

Yes, Your Grace
A unique blend of text-based and strategy-oriented gameplay. Rule your kingdom like a true monarch; from your magnificent throne!
3cdc2976a9604f78e598fe82963531c0_large.png

Ashen Rift
A tale of a man and a dog on a perilous journey to the epicenter of earth's unmaking. It explores life in a world in its death throes.
e403ef622efe48772102fc0c28840e3d_large.gif

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Shards Online
Ultima Online meets Neverwinter Nights in this subscription-free online PC game where the community can change all the rules.
photo-main.jpg

Udl8ftU.jpg

ac7b4aceb7bbcc681f52c7cfbfe15a14_large.jpg
Developers from Ultima Online, Warhammer Online, EVE Online and some others. Players can create their own shards and choose rules, make quests, edit map, etc. etc. 2016.

flywrite

Neo Member
Another Kickstarter from Cinemaware which I haven't seen posted here is Rocket Ranger Reloaded

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/rocket-ranger-reloaded/

a1dc8dec3a816cdd26b0a4c684034dec_large.jpg

7c866ba9234d85dfd1d30e1409e0faed_large.jpg

5d857c402d65f77cb83a069ea0c0e786_large.jpg

The team successfully delivered Wings! Remastered Edition recently following a 2013 Kickstarter.

Rocket Ranger Reloaded is taking inspiration from the original 1988 Rocket Ranger, but adding new content, storylines, characters, and loads of great new graphics and sounds.

A free demo will be released tomorrow showing the team's early work on the game. So far it's about 50% funded.

Video trailer

Please help if you can! I'm hoping any Amiga fans will be drawn to this as it was a really great game back in the day, and won awards!

Rocket Ranger Reloaded

A couple of updates about Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption, the action-RPG from the makers of Quest for Glory that is now over a year overdue. First, they finally set an actual release date... but it's a while off -- October 2015. The original plan for a one-year project has turned into three years; I just hope the game is good when it's finished. Post about the release date: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/posts/1058110

Also, they released this pretty cool Halloween video back in October: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkEEDwpJ40

gabbo

Another Kickstarter from Cinemaware which I haven't seen posted here is Rocket Ranger Reloaded

The team successfully delivered Wings! Remastered Edition recently following a 2013 Kickstarter.

Rocket Ranger Reloaded is taking inspiration from the original 1988 Rocket Ranger, but adding new content, storylines, characters, and loads of great new graphics and sounds.

A free demo will be released tomorrow showing the team's early work on the game. So far it's about 50% funded.

Video trailer

Please help if you can! I'm hoping any Amiga fans will be drawn to this as it was a really great game back in the day, and won awards!

Rocket Ranger Reloaded

Looks like how I thought Dark Void would play

kiuo

Posted this on another thread, so just reposting it here. The kickstarter is about to end in 8days as of posting this. 20k out of the needed 70k. There isn't much hope for it but just want to spread the word.

Americana Dawn https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg
is a jrpg which explores over two centuries of early American history using a new tradition of folklore and tall tales inspired by Genso Suikoden and Mark Twain.

OOFJ11P.png
I1JfU08.png

Throughout its story, we follow Foster, the spirit of the sea, a gentle and innocent being who arrives in America with no apparent heritage or home. Lost to the wilderness of Shenandoah Valley, he lives in complete isolation for a hundred years until he is found and recruited in the provincial militia.

t6kTM9D.png

Foster witnesses once loyal English become American rebels. He fights against dear friends turned foe, watch mortal companions blossom and wither, bears witness to the chain of events that would create the United States, and is left with revelations both inspiring and woeful.

qBPlb8G.gif

This is not a story about a man who changes the world, but a world that changes a man.

6EujZNo.gif

Video trailer

Rocket Ranger Reloaded

They have three days for the last $10k now. Hopefully they make it.

Nohar

New Kickstarter game: Aviary Attorney. It is pretty much Ace Attorney with animals. Its unique art direction is appealing, since they use drawings of J. J. Grandville. I'm honestly curious. If the writing is good, I think we may have something interesting.

Here are some (old) .gif of the early stages of the game. The background is far more detailled on recent screenshots.

Heh, I need to update that OP. Been focused on the last few weeks of my semester, haven't had the time. But I finish this week, so expect an updated thread in a few days

Can't find anywhere else to ask, so thought I'd try here:

What's that Kickstarter game with those huge world-destroying robots? Like, all the cities are fully destructible, and it's like a battle with aliens and like nano machine type robot things... er... there's lasers...

Anyone?

*Edit*: Human Resources... but looks like it's cancelled :(

Anno

I'm really glad that the Hollow Knight guys hit their goal relatively painlessly and will make some stretch goals to boot. Game looks beautiful .

Will be working on the 2015 thread over the weekend

Added to Upcoming
Children of Mortis - January 20th
Children of Morta is a narrative-based roguelike hack’n slash game which will involve you in the adventures of a family.
Children-of-Morta-720x450.jpg

Drift Stage - January
Drift Stage is a modern evolution of the classic arcade racer, bringing the gameplay up to date a bit while keeping the late 80's style intact.
In these street races, speed reigns supreme. The art of the drift is easy to learn and immediately fun, but it's true depth and challenge are hard to master.

637x358.resizedimage

Hero-U - Late 2015
Hero-U combines the beauty, story, and puzzle-solving game play of a good Adventure Game with the immersion, excitement, character development, and skill improvement of a fun Role-playing game.
Break-in-House-screenshot_current.jpg

Added to Ongoing
Aviary Attorney
Play the role of bird-brained lawyer, Monsieur Falcon. Take on clients, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty!
e9ffb82cfc0f730faa52a5633538e33c_large.jpg

Nete

I love The Mandate updates when they talk about the production itself and its issues, even when it's basically bad news for us.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1090966

TL;DR: They need more time, more manpower and therefore more money to finish the game with all the extra features, mod support and so. Between starting another crowdfunding campaign, making the game Early Access and going to a publisher that won't mess with the project itself, they decided to go the latter route.

Eurovideo will invest to ensure the development of The Mandate
Perihelion Interactive will have full creative control. Full stop. We will execute the original game concept as we presented to you in the Kickstarter and will follow our vision without any intervention from Eurovideo
Eurovideo will handle all marketing, PR and distribution activities
Perihelion Interactive will interact with existing & new backers and release regular updates. There will be no changes here
Perihelion Interactive will retain full control over backer pledges
Eurovideo will handle all localization in cooperation with Perihelion Interactive
We can now guarantee that The Mandate will be localized into German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian (other languages to be discussed)
Both the English and German versions will be voiced (other languages to be discussed)
The development team will grow due to this investment and as a result we can pack more content and more hours of fun into the game
The soundtrack will be 120 minutes instead of 60 minutes and the size of the orchestra will double

New roadmap:

Feature Alpha: Q3 2015 (early)
Feature Beta: Q3 2015 (late)
Content Beta: Q4 2015
Launch: Q1 2016

Top Bottom