• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

iJ4BskFN9m9mU.png

Central thread listing Kickstarter projects, feel free to post new projects here.
Know about a new project? post here or send a link to the thread.

ibly7PcDHOOhDs.png

- Tex Murphy (Details coming soon - May 15th??? |Thread)

- Ninja Wars (Ends May 2nd)
- Leisure Suit Larry (Ends May 2nd | Thread)
- Your World (Ends May 3rd)
- Hard Contact (Ends May 3rd)
- Nekro (Ends May 4th |Thread)
- Sira the Game (Ends May 4th)
- Vigrior : Maneuver Warfare (Ends May 5th)
- Yogventures! (Ends May 6th)
- Starlight Inception™ (Ends May 8th)
- Thomas Was Alone - Final Stages (Ends May 8th)
- Match and Magic (Ends May 10th)
- Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 in Lego form (Ends May 10th)
- Gravitaz (Ends May 10th)
- Republique by Camouflaj + Logan (Ends May 11th | Thread)
- Delaware St. John 4: Asylum of The Lost (Ends May 14th)
- Police Warfare (Ends May 18th | Thread)
- Grim Dawn (Ends May 18th | Thread)
- Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road 2012-2013 CSG Ends May 19th | Thread)
- Squad Wars (Ends May 19th)
- Ravaged (Ends May 20th)
- Colossal Cave: The Board Game (Ends May 20th)
- Boot Hill Heroes - Wild West Retro RPG with 1-4 Player Co-op (Ends May 21st)
- Legends of Eisenwald (Ends May 22nd)
- Gubble 3D: New Retro Maze Videogame by ex Atari Designers (Ends May 23rd)
- Gubble 3D: New Retro Maze Videogame by ex Atari Designers (Ends May 23rd)
- Atari 2600 Star Castle (Ends May 24th)
- Atari 2600 Star Castle (Ends May 24th)
- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subgames/rob-swigarts-portal-1986-reborn?ref=category (Ends May 27th)
- Watch me build a fighting game - EXPO FIGHTER (Ends May 31st)
- Cross of the Dutchman (Ends May 31st)
- Super Fun Time (Ends Jun 2nd)
- Kitaru (Ends Jun 3rd | Thread)
- Turrican Soundtrack Anthology by Chris Huelsbeck (Ends Jun 3rd)
- Flame War - The Card Game of Extreme Moderation (Ends Jun 3rd)
- Erythia: Shattered Dreams (Ends Jun 3rd)
- Dark Meridian (Ends Jun 4th)
- MICROMON: A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices (Ends Jun 15th)
- The Battles You Have Always Wanted to See (Ends Jun 23rd)

ibqneccnmvvutW.png

- Double Fine Adventure ($3,336,371 | Thread)
- Wasteland 2 ($2,933,252 | Thread)
- Shadowrun Returns ($1,836,447 | Thread)
- The Banner Saga ( $723,886 | Thread)
- TAKEDOWN ($221,833 | Thread)
- FTL: Faster Than Light ($200,542)
- Code Hero: A Game That Teaches You To Make Games ($170,954)
- The Dead Linger ($154,968)
- Spriter (gaming related) ($71,179)
- Auditorium 2: Duet ($71,061 | Thread)
- Valdis Story: Abyssal City ($49,574)
- Guns of Icarus Online ($35,237)
- Farmageddon - The frenetic farming game ($25,274)
- Rock Vibe - Accessible Gaming ($17,400)
- Guncraft: Voxel-based First Person Shooter ($16,487)
- Pixel Sand ($13,616)
- Zoneplex - A Board Game Adventure in an Alien Pyramid ($13,459)
- Chuck's Challenge 3D ($13,130)
- City Conquest: Tower Defense Evolved ($11,170)
- Ron Paul: Road to REVOLution ($11,073)
- Aura Tactics ($11,027)
- UFHO2 - A Turn-based Strategy Game ($10,872)
- College-Ruled Universe ($8,628)
- Against the Wall ($8,416)
- The Departure Game App ($8,014)
- Last Class Heroes - 2D Action RPG Eyecandy! ($5,855)
- Americana Dawn ($4,791)
- Team Notion - 2D beat em up for PC and Mac (Vita and Mobile) ($3,596)
- Fly Killer ELITE! ($3,342)
- TRIP - AN ABSTRACT SURREAL EXPLORATION EXPERIENCE ($2,213)

ibxujqzFZ2eolh.png

http://kickingitforward.org/
http://shit-starter.tumblr.com/
http://www.indiegogo.com/

MRORANGE

iQv5W8KKQeR60.png

Posting in this format would really help the thread:

- Title of the Kickstarter project with link
- Deadline and target
- Short paragraph about the game (you can just copy the first few lines off the kickstart page)
- any pic's/video's would be nice

Example:

Auditorium 2: Duet

Target: $60,000
Deadline: Apr 1

Auditorium 2: Duet is a sequel to the amazing Auditorium. Duet has cooperative mode added to it. It also uses Steam to it's fullest, taking advantage of their matchmaking, multiplayer, leaderboard, and achievements framework; and has Mac and PC support.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since I was considering doing this thread as well... nice thread idea you got there! :p

And I think we shouldnt use imgur these days for images, lately popping up with problems everywhere for me. Min.Us works fine though.

scy

I have a terrible suspicion that this thread will be responsible for furthering my Kickstarting more games than actual 2012 purchases trend.

So thanks. I think.

Jasoneyu

Damn sucks that I missed FTL the first time around. It is the perfect game I was looking for! Ah well ill just wait for post release and put my money towards banner saga.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I am glad that someone did this thread in an organized way. Maybe you can use the second post for describing each project shortly? It could be helpfull, since people might not want to travel through 2 links just to get to read a page that might have walls of text for something they might not even like. Just as a suggestion. Still, awesome thread!

MRORANGE

Since I was considering doing this thread as well... nice thread idea you got there! :p

And I think we shouldnt use imgur these days for images, lately popping up with problems everywhere for me. Min.Us works fine though.

what's the problem with imgur? never noticed it.

I am glad that someone did this thread in an organized way. Maybe you can use the second post for describing each project shortly? It could be helpfull, since people might not want to travel through 2 links just to get to read a page that might have walls of text for something they might not even like. Just as a suggestion. Still, awesome thread!

i'll look into it, I will add links to the kickstarter pages in due time like you mentioned.

Coverly

- Nekro ($100,000 | Ends Apr 4th)

I think that's May 4th.

Nice OP. Didn't know about The Dead Linger and Nekro, will pledge later today. For Nekro, is that a new kickstarter? I didn't find any info. Hope it gets a lot more attention than it is getting now because the concept and the animations look really nice.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
what's the problem with imgur? never noticed it.

i'll look into it, I will add links to the kickstarter pages in due time like you mentioned.

jb0ML0inrr4pev.jpg

Might not be for everyone, but lately Imgur is acting up randomly for me.

mjc

I'm really digging some of the games they're got up right now. I think I'll put something towards Banner Saga and Wasteland 2, but for now I put something towards Shadowrun.

Violet_0

Banned
GfDhk.png

just added Valdis Story: Abyssal City and The Banner Saga because of this thread ;)

only the minimal amount for a copy of each game though

Well, this was exactly what I didn't need.

I entered the thread having backed only Wasteland 2, Banner Saga and FTL.

I post now having just pledged to Shadowrun, Leisure Suit Larry and Starlight Inception.

I was considering backing the Jane Jensen project until I read this on their kickstarter page: "Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines ala Dan Brown." Ah, well then, no thanks.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
so far have backed double fine adventure and shadowrun can wait for more devs to come out of the woodwork and try and kick start something not sure who holds the ip but i would love to see a new nox

Violet_0

Banned
I was considering backing the Jane Jensen project until I read this on their kickstarter page: "Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines ala Dan Brown." Ah, well then, no thanks.

to my (very limited) knowledge, it's actually a joke

Gabriel Knight 3 came out at the same time as The Davinci Code with a similar premise, yet one was successful and the other was not (at least that's the way I understand it)

I don't know if it'd be worth it, but I'd also like to see a list of failed kickstarters, not all of these projects succeed, and it might be worthwhile to examine the ones that failed.

Glad we can finally have one thread to find all of these, though it scares me cause I see even more groups I want to back :X

ORANGE, this is what it looks like as of now:
kickGAF2.jpg

Well, this was exactly what I didn't need.

I entered the thread having backed only Wasteland 2, Banner Saga and FTL.

I post now having just pledged to Shadowrun, Leisure Suit Larry and Starlight Inception.

And knowing is half the battle!

Also: the front page photo.

But did he really?

Doesn't matter. Your World is actually a really interesting project in this Kickstarter experiment for a few reasons: made by an unknown, highest goal for an indie game ever, and an MMO.

Also: following Your World is like reading a gloriously bad fanfic that gets updated all the time. How else would I know about the livefeed on the 18th?

The fact it has $21,000 makes me realize that there's 65 people I hate in the world.

A great majority of those only pledged so they could troll Bartlett (and boy howdy, are they). You cannot comment on the page unless you donate. They know full well that they are in no danger of actually having to pay anything.

The only reason I have not pledged a dollar is because I'm not that mean.

RSP

Awesome thread! We're about to launch our own Kickstarter project for our game Cross of the Dutchman.

We already have a lot going on, but we need the support of the community to really make it happen. Would GAF mind me bragging about the project and how we're doing on the Kickstarter project in this thread?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Jane Jensen needs to be listed as having created Gabriel Knight more often so people will actually know who she is. :< Really want her stuff to get funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom