• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising announced for 3DS (AKA: Project Sora) [N-CONF]

Graphics look amazing!!!
Media as it comes
Nintendo E3 site: http://e3src.nintendo.com/3ds/game/?g=kidicarus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY

5c0cv5.jpg

bathala

Banned
from the trailer u can see the 3DS graphic improvement with the scale.

especially wen the camera zoomed out from kid and showed the ship

goldenpp72

It looked like a psp game to me.. amazing graphics, really?

Looks cool though.

I also love the dialog, BARK LIKE A DOG, you go wise cracking pit.

Dali

Wow! This thread is both awesome and informative! How about some details? Anything! Pitt looks like his Smash incarnation. Gameplay shown looked like Panzer Dragoon or Sin and Punshiment 2 with big boss fights. Graphics are on par with PSP quality. Comparable to Kingdom Hearts.

You tools don't win awards for being the first to make a thread.

Masked Man

I said wow
Oh my god. Oh my GOD. There is SO much hype running through my veins.

SAKURAIIIII is my savior. SAKURAIIII has my soul. SAKURAIIII <3

chase

Can't be worse than Kid Icarus the original. Just because it was in Captain N doesn't mean it deserves a new game, people.

Also, it's ugly as hell. What are you people smoking?

Jigsaw

Banned
the graphics look kinda underwhelming,i mean we were told it can do nearly ps360 graphics and now?its way below psp standards

game looks cool though, <3 kid icarus

Big One

Banned
When I first saw this my balls dropped. This is like some awesome fusion of Dragonball Z, Zelda, God of War, and Sin and Punishment.

Project Sora is the name of the developer. I don't think it was ever a codename for the project.

The game looks great, despite the underwhelming PSP visuals, but I'm pretty troubled by the fact that this was the only 3DS game shown. Launch delay confirmed?

Jigsaw said:
the graphics look kinda underwhelming,i mean we were told it can do nearly ps360 graphics and now?its way below psp standards

the hell? no it's not, it looks good enough to be a SE PSP title, if not better.

Gameplay looks like a lot of fun. Glad to see this franchise comes back. Nintendo is pretty good about listening to what the fans want.

Haters gonna hate, but the first two games were good platforming/action. Should be interesting what Sakurai maintains about the original games.

Thankfully, I wasn't part of the group that expected PS3/360 level graphics. So yes, the graphics for the game did impress me and glad with it.

Trickster

Jigsaw said:

When were we ever told that?

Teknoman

Jigsaw said:

That was just a rumor. This is going to be high end PSP at least, with actual 3d effects. Not to mention Nintendo quality stuff.

Emitan

ShockingAlberto said:
DURR HURR WHY AREN'T RUMORS TRUE GUYS?

Anyway, where can I preorder a 3DS and this game right now? I require this. Now.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm making fun of IGN not ShockingAlberto.

thefil

It looked much better than a PSP game. I love my PSP, but it can't do that kind of scale and detail at that resolution.

Jigsaw said:

Told by Sony and MS trolls. And only idiots fell for it.

Galang

Banned
Favorite trailer of e3 by far, looked crazy!!! :D

I thought it looked good graphically, especially for being a launch title. I'm sure it will look better once demoed on the 3DS itself as well.

Boney

Banned
Was definately not expecting Project Sora to be based on an existing franchise. But this looks amazing.
Sin & Punishment 3.0

The optimistic way to look at the graphics: It's a launch-window title, and it looks comparable to some of the more impressive titles on PSP. So it's far from impossible that with more experience, developers will be able to pull off visuals significantly better than what PSP can do.

Top Bottom