• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Bullza2o

Yes! The real OT is here after many pages of analyzing those two words in the OT countdown OT!

Good job on the OT. I really can't wait for this!

Neiteio

Where's our nonstop stream of glorious new information from FoxHimself? What's he doing, playing the game or something??

NeoRausch

Where's our nonstop stream of glorious new information from FoxHimself? What's he doing, playing the game or something??
Yeah damm him! He should livestream his daily life for the next three days!

but him not talking can just mean two things:

1. GAME IS THE FUCKAWESOME
2. killed by nintenninjas

Neiteio

Wait a second... Is FoxHimself in the U.S.? If so, he can confirm whether the U.S. box has the special holes on the inside of the case with the portrait art on the reverse side of the cover!

NeoRausch

Wait a second... Is FoxHimself in the U.S.? If so, he can confirm whether the U.S. box has the special holes on the inside of the case with the portrait art on the reverse side of the cover!
Nah, he's either dead or.....deadly enjoying!....the game.

i'm sorry!

PKrockin

Great! You mean we got a perfect fine version of this game laying around usless between lung, heart, a pinkie and a river of blood?

just great! The card are going to get wrinkels!

Crap, now the ninjas will use the hearts of the slain to power up their weapons...

zroid

Banned

Nah, the photo of the game he posted earlier had a PEGI rating.

It's confirmed Rich from IGN tweeted a pic of the inside : pic.twitter.com/z47FvZpK

Some people are still skeptical, thinking that it may just be for the press copies. (I'm not, really)

PKrockin

So I guess you can't move the reticle with the circle pad after all. Damn, I was all ready to play this Sin and Punishment style for nostalgia reasons.

Maybe you can, but it's not displayed as an option because whoever shot the photos already picked the circle pad for movement in step 1.

MooMoo

It should already be pre-ordered.
D:
Haha. I'm totally supposed to be on a tight budget. After I found out I'd be footing out money for tuition, which I know makes me sound spoiled or whatever but it's a complicated situation, I spent a good day budgeting money for the next year, figuring out what I could splurge money on and what I couldn't. Been keeping a weekly track of what money is being spent on just to make sure I was on track with what I had originally planned. I was actually sticking to the budget pretty damn good until I went ahead and bought a Vita last week :3 I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to buy this game :p

SmithnCo

I wonder if this will all be random and there is more than 24 cards out there making the set to collect huge?

I guess we have to wait to find out if its only up to 24 cards for now

wish I had an amazon.com link I would have already purchased this out of curiosity damn US amazon get with it

There are at least 70 cards, and I've heard there are "hundreds."

edit: here's an article.

BDGAME

Please, there is any way to save that Medusa Revenge forever in my 3DS?

This video is PERFECT! Top in every thing and with a really impressive 3D (that pop out a lot from screen).

I want to have this video to watch it every time I want.

SmithnCo

This video is PERFECT! Top in every thing and with a really impressive 3D (that pop out a lot from screen).

Is that just on the eshop? Sucks that you can't save every video to the card like the E3 and other videos.

Alex

Normally I am so adamant about picking out my own games but this is when I'm really really waiting for reviews and impressions on

It seems very interesting I like a lot of the little wagering and loot aspects to it, but something about it leaves me very hesitant.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Check the movie at the very bottom of this page. You can see a strafing mode with R and the analog stick for aiming. Is that what you want? Dunno how it works, though. You'll have to ask Fox for that. :p
Not quite... All I want is the analog to replace the touch screen for reticle even if it is slower than the touch screen. They still use the analog there for strafing.

Eric C

I wonder if this will all be random and there is more than 24 cards out there making the set to collect huge?

At least in the US, the 6 cards you get with the game are a random 6 out of a set of 20. But that's not the full set, just the 20 cards that Nintendo is willing to give away with the game.

But Nintendo has said "hundreds of cards"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29472
While Nintendo has not been specific as to the total number of cards, noting that there are "hundreds" in "Series 1," the serial numbers found on each card indicate that there are at least 336.

PKrockin

Not quite... All I want is the analog to replace the touch screen for reticle even if it is slower than the touch screen. They still use the analog there for strafing.

It appears you can do that. Check the end of the video, in step 1 (Pit's movement) they pick ABXY and in step 2 (reticule movement) they pick the circle pad.

Maybe earlier in the video they were showing off how to use strafing if you pick the circle pad in step 1 and ABXY in step 2 or some other non-touchscreen configuration...?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It appears you can do that. Check the end of the video, in step 1 (Pit's movement) they pick ABXY and in step 2 (reticule movement) they pick the circle pad.

Maybe earlier in the video they were showing off how to use strafing if you pick the circle pad in step 1 and ABXY in step 2 or some other non-touchscreen configuration...?
KeUk9.png
You are right. The third option highlights the circle pad. FUCKING SIN AND PUNISHMENT 3 CONFIRMED MOTHERFUCKERS

Neiteio

Referring to the new anime, right, from 4C? Yeah, I'd like to know how to save a copy too. Can someone extract it from the SD card and upload it so we can re-download it once Nintendo invariably overwrites it with a Nintendo Video update? Is it even possible to extract it?

PKrockin

I still don't get why you guys wanna cripple yourselves.

It's probably a big deal for lefties who don't want to use the the CPP. I'm probably going to use the stylus but I'm still interested in trying it. This is the guy who managed to get Brawl somewhat functional on a friggin' sideways Wiimote after all.

Neiteio

Would it really be that difficult to play this using your non-dominant hand on the stylus? It seems like simple flicks turn the camera and a sliding gesture should be easy enough to aim the reticule no matter which hand you use... No?

@MUWANdo

Banned
So I guess there's only one question left to answer re: controls - if you select the Pro as a movement option can you then select the default circle pad to move the reticule?

I guess it's kinda hard to test all this stuff when the only person (people?) with the game doesn't have a Pro.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I still don't get why you guys wanna cripple yourselves.
Because Sin and Punishment played awesome.

I'm sure I will eventually stick to touchscreen controls since real-time aiming proved to be much better for S&P2, but going back to N64-style controls is gonna be a huge moment of nostalgia for me.

Busaiku

So I guess there's only one question left to answer re: controls - if you select the Pro as a movement option can you then select the default circle pad to move the reticule?

I guess it's kinda hard to test all this stuff when the only person (people?) with the game doesn't have a Pro.

If you can, then movement would be restricted to the D-Pad or something.
As has been said so many times now, this game does not support Dual Analog.

backlot

Is that just on the eshop? Sucks that you can't save every video to the card like the E3 and other videos.

No, its on Nintendo Video. I think some of the videos from that app go up for sale later on the eShop though. Maybe the Kid Icarus animes will.

@MUWANdo

Banned
If you can, then movement would be restricted to the D-Pad or something.
As has been said so many times now, this game does not support Dual Analog.

We were also being told the game would only have one control scheme for a long time, too, and that aiming with the circle pad wasn't worth implementing because the stylus is more accurate, yet here we are.

Okay, wow. I just saw that Medusa short by 4C. The 3D on that thing really impressed me, and the art was great! They NEED to be longer than 3 minutes :'(

OH no I was messing around with the german amazon site I signed in using my us account and ordered the 24pack for a hell of a lot more than I wanted to spend
LLShC.gif

Bullza2o

Okay, wow. I just saw that Medusa short by 4C. The 3D on that thing really impressed me, and the art was great! They NEED to be longer than 3 minutes :'(
True, I wanted to see more of 4C's video. It's a lot better than what Production I.G. made.

And I hope they put the videos on eShop, full-length.

la_briola

OH no I was messing around with the german amazon site I signed in using my us account and ordered the 24pack for a hell of a lot more than I wanted to spend
LLShC.gif

wow. that is dedication. shipping will eat your wallet. :(

edit: afaik (atm) it is only for pre-order. so you could cancel easily, I guess... :)

Top Bottom