• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Anteo

Doesn't matter, anything's good.

Is it possible to party up and go search random? Or is it only with friends?

No, only with friends, though you can admit friend of friends.
Ok I'll set up a FFA 1vs1 for now. If anyone else wants to join post here so I can re-create a lobby

Edit : It's up

Whoa that hydra weapon, nice Homming!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I beat the game today after getting a week ago. Wow. I don't know what to say much really, but man this is a game for me.

Controls were a bit to get use to, but I've played Metroid Prime Hunters before so I was already halfway there. I can play easily without a stand.

I seem to can't get away from using clubs. I was avoiding them at first, but man I feel so natural with them. Been even doing well (I think) in multiplayer even. Getting over 1000 points at least each match.

Single player is different, can't seem to keep a grasp long enough.

Anteo

I want to try that invisibility thing. Each time I attacked, he disappeared then killed me right after lol

I noticed he was only invisible and not invulnerable, so setting ups some mines and activating that holy power that deals damage around you helped me afew times.

Edit : Heck, I could even combo him when he was invisible lol.

Korosenai

I know how you feel. I studied for 5 hours in preperation for my professional writing exam tomorrow, and I STILL don't feel as though I'm 100% ready •_•

Gah, tell me about it. I have two tests tomorrow morning back to back, and i feel like im about 60% prepared.

GG! Your Magnus Club + invisivility is a good combo. So anoying xD

You are not bad, I didn't win any match until NubInaTub joined =/

You were both awesome. In a lot of those games you guys definitely had the upper hand on me. Your burning palms were tearing right through me.

I noticed he was only invisible and not invulnerable, so setting ups some mines and activating that holy power that deals damage around you helped me afew times.

Edit : Heck, I could even combo him when he was invisible lol.

Yea, you definitely had some good strats. And i was wondering what kind of power that was. Ive never seen it before, it was pretty frustrating lol. Good thing it doesnt last that long.

vanty

I got a Magnus club last night with 4 melee stars, and I think +4 melee dash, +3 running speed (or whatever it's called) and some paralysis. Pretty damn fun, feels like playing Ninja Gaiden or something.

I never really had fun with any other club, movement and attacks are so slow and I'm just terrible. But with this Magus club I can just run around like crazy, melee dash killing most enemies in one hit and they're paralysed if they survive. Only went through stage 1 and 2 with it, it's probably terrible in most stages where you can't just melee everything.

Korosenai

I got a Magnus club last night with 4 melee stars, and I think +4 melee dash, +3 running speed (or whatever it's called) and some paralysis. Pretty damn fun, feels like playing Ninja Gaiden or something.

I never really had fun with any other club, movement and attacks are so slow and I'm just terrible. But with this Magus club I can just run around like crazy, melee dash killing most enemies in one hit and they're paralysed if they survive. Only went through stage 1 and 2 with it, it's probably terrible in most stages where you can't just melee everything.

Yea, i would advise against using the magnus club in SP.

Its a very op weapon in MP though.

Anteo

Yea, you definitely had some good strats. And i was wondering what kind of power that was. Ive never seen it before, it was pretty frustrating lol. Good thing it doesnt last that long.

Yeah, that power was alredy in my setup with my palms so I just tried it to check if it could do something usefull to you. Sometimes I saw you walk towards me from far away and activate invisivility in the way. I noticed that the holy power whatever was called (I'll check the name after finishing this stage) showed the damage effect even when you were invisible, but it was hard to see those.

Though I think you noticed that and bail out when I activated it a couple of times lol. I was shooting around me and you were alredy fighting jokkir in other place.

Korosenai

Yeah, that power was alredy in my setup with my palms so I just tried it to check if it could do something usefull to you. Sometimes I saw you walk towards me from far away and activate invisivility in the way. I noticed that the holy power whatever was called (I'll check the name after finishing this stage) showed the damage effect even when you were invisible, but it was hard to see those.

Though I think you noticed that and bail out when I activated it a couple of times lol. I was shooting around me and you were alredy fighting jokkir in other place.
Yea, at first i realized everytime you activated it, i couldnt hit you and it kept hurting me. So when you activated it, i just stayed at a distance and tried to do some damage to the other guy.

Anteo

Yea, at first i realized everytime you activated it, i couldnt hit you and it kept hurting me. So when you activated it, i just stayed at a distance and tried to do some damage to the other guy.

Uh wait, I was invulnerable? I didn't know that... Though that explains a lot...

Insaniac

the only ability that makes you invulnerable is Fake death, and invulnerability (if there is a power like that, i havne't gotten it)

Sagitario

I got a 240 Laser Staff :D

I think this might be the weapon I use from now on. I have been using Twinbellows Cannon and Dark Pit Staff, and while the Laser Staff doesn't have a lot of extra stuff/properties [the cannon and that other staff do], it's pretty damn fast and powerful... I even beat a flying level on 8.0 (first time I have been able to do that, currently at chapter 13).

So, I've had this idea swimming around in my head ever since this thread got community-ized last month, and I finally got around to executing it. Enjoy!

imGUUB0Fu83aG.png

And team triforce goes down!

IcarusGAF vs the Returners in the semis.

HahahahahahahahahahaahahaAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaait'snotthatfunny.

I knew they were all talk. With them out of the way, no one can stop us from taking the championship for ourselves!

Although I AM a little disappoint that we didn't get to put them in their place ourselves T_T

Korosenai

Scrafty and Gospel,

Ill pm you the other teams info in a little bit.

Would you guys want to play on wednesday at 11 pm est?

Thats what the other team suggested, and thats a good time for me.

Scrafty and Gospel,

Ill pm you the other teams info in a little bit.

Would you guys want to play on wednesday at 11 pm est?

Thats what the other team suggested, and thats a good time for me.

Gah, that doesn't really work for me. My last final is the day after, and it's the one I need to study for the most. Tuesday, Thursday, or even today would be better.

Jeez, this is priceless. Team Heroes is still adamant that they did the right thing in illegally impersonating KirbyKid in order to "expose his cheating." Check out the latest development:

Quote from: Mirpkered

It's really unfortunate that someone was so desperate to win that they would stoop to cheating. It's a tournament for fun, and not glory.

I wish the remaining teams the best of luck and look forward to the Semi-Final rounds!

Thanks,
Mirpkered

Yes. I, Kai from team heroes, have only tried to allow KirbyKid to reveal his cheating ways by making him admit it! In no way was there a crime involved! When I was trying to reveal KirbyKid's cheating ways in order for other opponents to watch out, my team Heroes ended up being disqualified for KirbyKid's cheating instead. I am dissapointed in how Neal got the wrong idea out of our KirbyKid "impersonation of admitting to crime". Team Heroes are devestated by this occurence, and probably will never join a tournament again due to this incident. Unless this issue is fixed, placing us back into the semifinals, we shall be motivated once again in the name of Nintendo!

Good days.

-Kai

This kid had better hope he never visits Canada, 'cause I'll be waiting with my Samurai Blade and a stern lecture.

nron10

Neo Member
He sounds like a Craig's List scam. I got several e-mails about his "gaming crew at school" that is depending on their victory in this tournament.

Just eternally baffling. I'm not even really sure what they're accusing KirbyKid of doing wrong anymore, because they change their story every other comment. I think KirbyKid's ultimate crime was just winning against Palutena-backed Team Heroes, who I guess are supposedly unbeatable.

He sounds like a Craig's List scam. I got several e-mails about his "gaming crew at school" that is depending on their victory in this tournament.

Just eternally baffling. I'm not even really sure what they're accusing KirbyKid of doing wrong anymore, because they change their story every other comment. I think KirbyKid's ultimate crime was just winning against Palutena-backed Team Heroes, who I guess are supposedly unbeatable.

Feh. If they're backed by Palutena, we're backed by friggin' Hades. I'd face them in an exhibition match just to show them up, but I'm afraid they'd frame me for murder :p

Dr.Hadji

The luck on your finals everyone. Got my last on tomorrow (Abstract Algebra) and I'm done with school...........forever. Then I can focus (more) on my sweet sweet KI training.

Korosenai

The luck on your finals everyone. Got my last on tomorrow (Abstract Algebra) and I'm done with school...........forever. Then I can focus (more) on my sweet sweet KI training.

Thanks, and good luck on your tomorrow.

I took two today, did a 2 hour project, then studied for about 7 hours, and now I have to study for about another 7 hours tomorrow for my last 3 tests.

So I have to ask what do you guys do to grind out hearts? I like making weapons and so I run low on funds fairly quickly...I play online to restock my weapons but its not often that a 5/6 star pops out online.

Yeah my mistake, i've been playing to much devil survivors eheheh.
1 or 2? I loved the first, hesitant about the second. I liked the honest depiction of human nature.

I don't understand; nor do I want to.
And yet now you do! The internet does not respect mental health!

You were both awesome. In a lot of those games you guys definitely had the upper hand on me. Your burning palms were tearing right through me.
Burning Palms are pretty good. I had a mediocre one (like 260 value) that I rocked with, and I didn't even understand how I was doing so well with it. People just suck at dodging I guess.

The problem with the Magnus Club in single player is that some bosses, like the level 3 and 7 bosses, are just absolute hell without having some range on higher difficulties.

IMO, if you have a "1 shot win" opponent, put Warp or Angelic Missile in. Angelic Missile is really underrated and doesn't take up many slots.

Yes, it's part of why Trade-off is so ridiculously powerful. For up to 20ish seconds, you are a wrecking machine...and then you have no health left.
Maybe 7 seconds, definitely not 20.

Gaming...crew?

So I have to ask what do you guys do to grind out hearts? I like making weapons and so I run low on funds fairly quickly...I play online to restock my weapons but its not often that a 5/6 star pops out online.
The later levels, with a +3 hearts weapon, yield over 30K hearts per run. With decent weapons costing 100K+, it's still not efficient. Most people grind level
for lots of weapons since it's not too hard. The mode,
boss rush
, also gives lots of goodies if you can beat it (I got 3 320+ weapons on 6.0).

Personally, I'm trying to find a way to AFK for weapons since I'm like you, but I also don't have the time to grind all day.

The first level actually has a total of 5 chests if you include the boss reward, which is pretty nice for how short and easy it is. Weapon values tend to be between 280 and 320 on 9.0.

PKrockin

Step 1: Heart Bonus +3
Step 2: Heart Booster
Step 3: Remove pants!

I find that Heart Bonus helps a LOT, so I have a +3 on like half a dozen 300+ weapons.

I usually try to clear an achievement while running through them. I'm finished with about 60% of them.

Top Bottom