• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

PK Gaming

I'm okay with voice acting if we get moe Palutena.

AHHHHHHHHH-ITACHI-itachi-uchiha-7024768-640-464.jpg

I'll admit, I smirked at your post for longer than I should have.

I'm kind of surprised by the ad campaign. High quality commercials running on ESPN during March Madness? Nintendo's not playing around with this release.

,,, If only they helped Capcom push RE:R like this :(

Damn I was all excited, I pre-ordered this game to get the extra 30% trade in credit at GameStop, but I'm not sure if I want to keep the pre-order or not. I was counting on the GAF OT!

However, OP, please don't leave the colon out of the title. This game is called Kid Icarus: Uprising. I hate the modern trend of leaving the colon out.

,,, If only they helped Capcom push RE:R like this :(

They must think this one is actually good or something!

Tyeforce

However, OP, please don't leave the colon out of the title. This game is called Kid Icarus: Uprising. I hate the modern trend of leaving the colon out.
A thousand times this. It's like people are too lazy to care about proper punctuation and capitalization anymore. :( Just looking at my subscribed threads, I immediately see three with incorrect titles: Swap Note, Streetpass, and Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater (that last one doesn't even have the right word order, not to mention no colon!). Seriously, if you're going to make an OT...at least get the title of the game right. >.> At least there's still a chance to fix this one.

...Anyway, back to Kid Icarus: Uprising, lol. I really hope this game sells well, because it's looking to be an amazing game with crazy amounts of content. Though I never expected any less from Sakurai, lol.

Boney

Banned
it's funny how mods are so uninterested in all this stuff and no one has peaked in and locked the thread.

Kinda like the anything goes rule in community

Anteo

it's funny how mods are so uninterested in all this stuff and no one has peaked in and locked the thread.

Kinda like the anything goes rule in community

Yeah, for a second I thought something may have changed, maybe a mod came by and allowed the thread to stay alive.. or something..

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Kid Icarus Uprising OT |OT| Sorry to keep you waiting!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At least you could have come up with a better thread title. I bought a 3DS for this game. :(

And what about those plans for waiting for the revision? AHAHAHAHAH

Welcome to the 3DS world!

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Space Krakken & Tempura Wizard, together!

Wizpig

This game will have the worst netcode ever! laaggggg!!

I'm saying this everywhere hoping for the best; the problem is that Smash Bros. Brawl happened and, you know, i fear the worst for this. >:'(

Basically. I've been waiting for a revision all this time, and will hate myself come E3 if a new one is announced, but I gotta have this game.

I know the feeling. Albeit I wasn't actively waiting for a revision.

I tend to ask stuff for my birthday if a "must have" title is nearby. So Kid Icarus did me in with it's March release date.

*prior to clicking thread title*

OH BOY! FINALLY A KID ICARUS OT! CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK IT! PICTURES, BACKSTORY AND HOPEFULLY A REFERENCE TO THE REDUCE SHOP PRICES TRICK ON CONTROLLER 2 ON THE NES KID ICARUS THAT NO ONE REALLY KNEW ABOUT! FINALLY MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!

*walks in thread*

Not yet.

*walks out*

Oh really?

So what part sold you guys on Kid Icarus?

I think for me it was the crazy number of weapons & gambling system that made me go "Hey..what's all this now?".

iavi

Oh really?

I think for me it was the crazy number of weapons & gambling system that made me go "Hey..what's all this now?".

Yeah, for me, I was always interested in the MP, but the Nintendo Direct video sold me on SP, and the sheer amount of content being stuffed in.

zroid

Banned
It's weird, I can definitely identify the Nintendo Direct presentation as being the point that sold me, but I can't really pick out anything specific about it that did so. I think it was more like a slow burn of excitement that started building up over the last few months, and then when I finally saw Sakurai showing the game off, things just clicked in my head. Pre-ordered it the day after.

Of course, if I hadn't already been sold on the game by then, I definitely would have been by the Tempura Wizard. Definitely.

Top Bottom