• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Super Guide to Weapon Fusion

I got most of this info from the Japanese wiki, where they figured out the formula for how weapon fusions work to get specific weapons.

Essentially, there are 12 weapons of every type, and each of these weapons is assigned a number from 1 to 12. When you fuse two weapons together, you just add those numbers together to get the number of the resulting weapon. If the result is higher than 12, it just wraps back around to 1; in other words, if it's more than 12, subtract 12. Simple as that!

So for example, you want to make an Angel Bow, because you have heard it has really good homing capabilities and you want to try it out.

First you check this chart to see what combinations can result in bows:

nkh0w.png

It turns out you can make bows from anything except staves and other bows.

So looking down the first column, you randomly decide you are going to make an Angel Bow from a blade and an arm. What number is the Angel Bow, so we can find out what blade and arm numbers we need to add together?

Well here is a nice list of the item numbers. I believe this is correct; it's the order the cards are numbered and the order of idols in-game, and every test I've put it through has worked. These are SPOILERS, some of these weapons take a lot of work to unlock, and they're named after bosses and such.

So we can see that the Angel Bow is number 7. 2 + 5 = 7, we could use blade 2 and arm 5 to make it, which is a Burst Blade and Drill Arm.

Or as another example, Royal Blade plus Artillery Claws equals Ore Club. 5 + 8 = 13, 13 - 12 = 1.

Nifty, huh?

One interesting thing about this is that almost any weapon can be used to fuse almost any other weapon. I mean, think about it...say you want to make a Royal Blade, blade 5. Staves are one blade ingredient and cannons are the other, so let's see which staves and cannons can be used to make blade 5:

1 & 4
2 & 3
3 & 2
4 & 1
5 & 12
6 & 11
7 & 10
8 & 9
9 & 8
10 & 7
11 & 6
12 & 5

...All staves and cannons can be used as part of a fusion to make blade 5! It's just a game of finding the right partner.

If a fusion doesn't work, i.e. if you try to fuse two weapons to make a new one and all you see is an X and question mark, it means you haven't unlocked that weapon yet. Play the game more, explore more thoroughly
in every even-numbered chapter
, complete more treasure hunt challenges. Eventually you will be able to fuse anything with anything.

According to the wiki that revealed this, there are some exceptions to this rule. You'll expect to get a staff and end up with a sword instead. I have no idea why, perhaps there are some small programming errors. If a certain combination doesn't turn out as expected, I'm sorry, but this addition rule for fusion works the majority of the time.

Oh yeah, one other thing: to my knowledge, nobody knows how to tell which stars and abilities get carried over yet. It's bound to be a complicated calculation.

Croc

Banned
Yeah, I'm still not sure how to differentiate weapons based on their intrinsic properties. Are there any? Or are all clubs (etc.) just visual reskins with the same base capability?

Definitely not just reskins. For example (off of the top of my head), charged shots from the Black Club go through walls but are slight weaker than other club's charged shots. The charged shots from the Skyscraper Club are super strong close up, but get weaker the farther away you are (and no going through walls).

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this info! This is just what I was looking for. Now I just need to figure out how all of the heart stuff works... I know you posted a chart on it on the last page but it was hard to decipher because of the rough translation. Anyway thanks for the info.

Neiteio

On Tathanen's recommendation, I'm now rocking a high-200s Midnight Palm. What a nifty weapon! I also recommend the Great Reaper Palm, which unleashes a Reapette and is quick to poison!

In other weapons news... The Thanatos Staff is badass. Packs a punch, shoots demon bats for its basic fire and a giant killer skull for its backwards charge shot, I believe. My favorite weapon is still probably the Pandora Claws. If you can pull off a close-range backwards charge shot without slipping into melee, the massive dark creature the claws unleash will quickly rack up the damage.

Oh, and the Hewdraw Club's forward-dash (and sideways dash, iirc) charge shots unleash massive homing fireballs that have some real speed to them. The club itself looks badass as well. Doesn't hurt that I love Hewdraw!

WallJump

Banned

I figured it was a system like this. Awesome! We know that each weapon does its own level of damage even with the same star rating as another weapon in its class so hopefully after trying them all out it will be easy to pick a favorite and then hone in on a good fusion.

I figured it was a system like this. Awesome! We know that each weapon does its own level of damage even with the same star rating as another weapon in its class so hopefully after trying them all out it will be easy to pick a favorite and then hone in on a good fusion.

Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out a fusion path to get most abilities onto any specific weapon you want...provided you get there and it decides to fuse over!

It's probably best to selectively "breed" weapons to have very few abilities so that when you fuse them there's a good chance the one you want will carry over.

Probably a better and more realistic situation is this:

You've got a Black Club sitting around that you won in multiplayer that has just awesome stats, six stars in ranged and melee, every status effect known to man. But you hate clubs! Clubs suck. You would much rather have these stats on Beam Claws, which are just the bestest thing ever.

Well clubs can make claws when fused with staves. The Black Club is 8, and Beam Claws are 9. You are in need of an Insight Staff!

But you don't have an Insight Staff. You do have an Optical Blade with good stats of its own...

Blades and cannons make staves. Optical Blade is 6, and Insight Staff is 1, so you need to get yourself a Dynamo Cannon, a 7.

And on, and on...

I'm about to start Chapter 8 and I only have around 20,000 hearts. Does this sound about right? I only ask because I feel like I can never really afford anything, nor do I know if I should even bother buying stuff or just rely on drops.

I am sitting in class, doing nothing schoolwork related. I'm reading the Kid Icarus thread, looking at the bulge in my backpack which is my 3DS, fantasizing about what weapons I will fuse tonight. I just want to play this game all night!

I've already sunk 20 hours into this thing... more time than both Pushmo and Super Mario 3D Land (which I 100%'d). And I feel like I've only experienced a fraction of what this game has to offer!

HURRY THE HELL UP PROFESSOR! I HAVE SOME RAW ANGEL POWER BUILT UP INSIDE OF ME AND I JUST CAN'T CONTROL IT!

BrikHog

Neo Member
I'm about to start Chapter 8 and I only have around 20,000 hearts. Does this sound about right? I only ask because I feel like I can never really afford anything, nor do I know if I should even bother buying stuff or just rely on drops.

That's way more hearts that I had. And don't buy weapons, they are usually absurdly expensive and you can fuse better weapons anyway. I got a Dark Pit staff (4* ranged/melee)
just by fusing 2 somewhat mediocre weapons.

Also play multiplayer you can get random weapons drops at the end of the round that are usually pretty good for fusing.

Hey guys, i've got a cool neat little gift you want it, especially for those who want to get
Palutena's bow, Pit's signature weapon.
. Check out the spoilers below. They're of a mild nature, so accidentally reading this won't be that bad at all.

Clear chapter 24 within 11 minutes. My tips are as follows
-Set the intensity to 0.0
-Use claws since they increase Pit's running speed. Pray that you have any claws that increase speed
-Stock up on the Tireleness and Lightweight powers. Trust me, you'll need them.

Oh I got to try this today

That's way more hearts that I had. And don't buy weapons, they are usually absurdly expensive and you can fuse better weapons anyway. I got a Dark Pit staff (4* ranged/melee)
just by fusing 2 somewhat mediocre weapons.

Also play multiplayer you can get random weapons drops at the end of the round that are usually pretty good for fusing.
Yep! I only am buying weapons because there is an achievement for buying 20 or 30 weapons or something. Then I just use them for beautiful fusions! *Swoon*

Just rely on drops for now. Buying is for when something comes along that has the mods you want on it so you can fuse it or whatever.

Here's a tip: if you want to get a bunch of random weapons fairly quickly, try playing local matches against bots with the timer at 1 minute and low health for everyone. I think I've gotten something on average of once every three matches. Sometimes it's a weapon and sometimes it's an ability, but I've gotten some great abilities that way too (megalaser!).

jtrov

I'm loving Kid Icarus: Uprising and it's easily surpassed all expectations I previously had after playing it. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was going to be a good game and all, but at times this game feels like it's on another level.

The constant character banter is just so entertaining and helps makes the game feel so alive; I absolutely love it. Everything is just so crazy and over the top... It seems like at any second something is about to go down. Both the flying and ground sections have such a great feel to them and I'm finding them to be equally as fun. When everything begins to click the combat can come off as very rewarding, especially when countering and dodging enemies on the higher intensities. Just typing about this game makes me wish I could grab my 3DS and begin playing again. I've been having a blast just returning to previous chapters and gathering more hearts and loot.

The music is just incredible and some of the best I've heard in awhile. I'm just addicted to the "Solo Theme" at the moment. I love being greeted by such a beautiful theme after the completion of each mission.

Prior to the games release I had it set in my mind I would be using orbitars, but they don't seem to be that effective. However, I crafted myself a nice pair of Guardian Orbitars, and I'm finding them to be very effective with the way I play in multiplayer, but not so much in singleplayer. Has anyone found any really good offensive orbitars? Until then I'll be sticking with my Divine Bow.

Speaking of the multiplayer, damn is it a lot of fun. Everything just gets so chaotic with all the power usage and now that I've found better powers myself, I too am able to cause some serious wreckage. Still have no idea what "Daybreak" is and what I'm supposed to do when I grab it. I hope to join some GAF games soon. I tried joining via friends list a few times during the weekend, but was getting an error message. Been working fine when I'm playing with randoms though. I'll add my friend code later on when I'm home.

Easily my GOTY up until this point. So much content packed into this title and it does so without sacrificing any of the quality. Just loving the hell out of Pit's new adventure.

Here's something I'm curious about... when you unlock a weapon on the Treasure Wall, are the stats and attributes the same no matter what? Or does it change depending on the Intensity level you play at when you unlock the treasure requirement? Or is it just random no matter what?

Here's something I'm curious about... when you unlock a weapon on the Treasure Wall, are the stats and attributes the same no matter what? Or does it change depending on the Intensity level you play at when you unlock the treasure requirement? Or is it just random no matter what?

And how does the game decide what weapon to give you for multiplayer matches? I've gotten some really good stuff from local bot matches where I didn't manage to kill anyone and got killed multiple times.

And how does the game decide what weapon to give you for multiplayer matches? I've gotten some really good stuff from local bot matches where I didn't manage to kill anyone and got killed multiple times.
Yeah, I would like to know this too. Does the difficulty level you set the bots at effect the quality of the loot? So many mysteries!

Also it's kind of refreshing to play a multiplayer game with sniper rifles where due to careful design they are not the most godlike OP weapons in the game that everyone uses.

(Instead, claws.)

Cdammen

Just got home and had two hours to play the game. I've gone through the first two levels twice ramping up the difficulty and I'm OK with 3.0 at the moment being a left-handed player and all. I'm using the regular control method, even if I were to be proficient with my right hand I'd still get tired in my left hand, that's my main concern, also that edge of the system is cutting into my palm.

First off, fantastic music. Second, I looove the dialog and the voice-acting. I'm also enjoying the fusing of weapons and the insane variety to them. Fun fun fun game :)

Crocodile

How is Target.com for filling backorders? That's the only place I can get the game for relatively cheap but I wanna know I'm not SOL before I put my cash down.

OmegaZero

Well, I think I just discovered my first glitch. Maybe.

In the Music Gallery, "Ch. 18: The Ring of Chaos" plays the same theme as "Ch. 12: Wrath of the Reset Bomb".

Is it just my copy or something?

Also it's kind of refreshing to play a multiplayer game with sniper rifles where due to careful design they are not the most godlike OP weapons in the game that everyone uses.

(Instead, claws.)

Yup, I have some killer claws for multiplayer that ususally take my team to victory, but usually, as im the best of my team, when I die, Im the last standing so I turn into pit.
They usually give me staffs (and I hate that weapong because it makes you a fucking slug and are not good for body attacks), so If my team is useless making me have to go against the other pit to finish the fight I have a hard time againt him because of the terrible weapon.

Hale-XF11

Well, I think I just discovered my first glitch. Maybe.

In the Music Gallery, "Ch. 18: The Ring of Chaos" plays the same theme as "Ch. 12: Wrath of the Reset Bomb".

Is it just my copy or something?

They start out alike, but then become different arrangements entirely as you listen further.

After playing online with this weapon several times and always coming out high I declare love to my FUCKING AWESOME Brawler Claws.
This thing is THE SHIT!

Running is fast as shit (if nothing helps, just flee)
Meleeing hard as shit (and this being a claw, I can 5-combo you to the moon, biotch!)
Shooting hard as shit (BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!)
Charging fast as shit (you don't want me to get the Fast Charge items)
Generally being awesome as shit (AWESOME!!!)

The only (only only) drawback is, that it's shooting range is pretty short, like 23 m or something. Still AWESOME WEAPON! I am so proud of this. I will never fuse this weapon, no matter what.

kSt

Well, this game is good. Ground controls feel natural, having no problem at all. And definitely not a disaster.
Went into multiplayer, took weak weapons and then decided to play Free-for-All. Got my ass kicked pretty hard, died multiple times... And at the end I`m suddenly second out of six.
I`ve added my FC to the document, now I`ll add everyone on the list.

WallJump

Banned
I will never fuse this weapon, no matter what.

If there is one major lesson I've learned so far with fusion, and thankfully you won't have this problem, is that FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T FUSE YOUR MAIN WEAPON without a backup plan that you have already tested in practice mode. I ended up essentially downgrading my Tiger Claws while pretty much nuking my entire supply of weapons just because I wanted to get a different variation with some sort of immobilization effect (petrification in this case).

On the subject, how good are the weapon pickups for multiplayer? Is it a good way to grind for them?

muu

After playing online with this weapon several times and always coming out high I declare love to my FUCKING AWESOME Brawler Claws.
This thing is THE SHIT!

Running is fast as shit (if nothing helps, just flee)
Meleeing hard as shit (and this being a claw, I can 5-combo you to the moon, biotch!)
Shooting hard as shit (BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!)
Charging fast as shit (you don't want me to get the Fast Charge items)
Generally being awesome as shit (AWESOME!!!)

The only (only only) drawback is, that it's shooting range is pretty short, like 23 m or something. Still AWESOME WEAPON! I am so proud of this. I will never fuse this weapon, no matter what.

Yeah, only till you find your next favorite weapon.

I think I've gone from OMGBLACKCLUB to OMFFGBABELCLUB to HOLYNINJAPALMS to CRAPONASTICKELECTROARM. Pretty amazing that there's so many weapons and yet each has its own quirk that makes it unique.

Tom_Cody

Yeah, only till you find your next favorite weapon.

I think I've gone from OMGBLACKCLUB to OMFFGBABELCLUB to HOLYNINJAPALMS to CRAPONASTICKELECTROARM. Pretty amazing that there's so many weapons and yet each has its own quirk that makes it unique.
For sure. I went through the same thing with each of the Smash games. In the end it is going to be fun trying to collect and master each weapon type.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Was there really no way to get the Kid Icarus 3D Classics in Canada :/ that's bunk.

I hope this game sold well, today a little too sleepy to put anytime into it.
but this is my favorite game :3 if only we had a side quest to make all the goddesses wifu

I cannot believe Amazon.com still has no AR card packs smh

did anyone from germany get that 24 pack?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I finally got the game today. I've completed two chapters, played an online battle (and lost), and dug through all the menus. It's been said before, and I'll say it again.

THIS GAME.

It's already blowing me away, and I haven't even begun to touch all the content. The music is so beautiful. The graphics are beautiful. Everything is beautiful.

Bless you Sakurai, you mad genius.

I dont seem to get any daily waepons from spotpass, even if I have it activated. I just got one like the third day and no more from that, and Im leaving all day my 3DS on.

Top Bottom