• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to check later when I get on my 3ds.

And also an article with Sakurai talking about the controls

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1224194p1.html

I couldn't agree more with this quote

"If a player used to touchscreen-based aiming played against someone used to right-analog control, the first player would probably dominate. The speed is on a whole different level."

The way you have to move and aim in this game, it just will not work with a second analog stick.
Yeah, but I believe the dual analog user would have the advantage on a melee fight. :p I would play with the stylus with a ranged weapon and with the CPP when using a melee weapon.

Anteo

Yeah, but I believe the dual analog user would have the advantage on a melee fight. :p I would play with the stylus with a ranged weapon and with the CPP when using a melee weapon.

Uh? if anything, one would have an advantage in snipe fights with the cpp, I really can't keep the touch controls steady enough for a shoot =/. In close quarters you really need the quickest camera turns to keep up with your enemy, especially if it's wearing +4 speed claws.

Also, I had Viridi and Pit talking about claws in the (late game spoiler)
Lighting Chariot
Chapter. Was amusing, Viridi was saying how her nails were better than my claws and everything she could do and destroy witn them.

victory.jpg

Round 2 belongs to Team IcarusGAF. We took them down, and I'm not talking downtown, I'm talking six feet underground!

Korosenai

Since round 3 isn't til the 8th - 10th, that's perfect for me.

My finals end on the 8th, so i'll be free pretty much all day on the 9th and 10th to play.

Since round 3 isn't til the 8th - 10th, that's perfect for me.

My finals end on the 8th, so i'll be free pretty much all day on the 9th and 10th to play.

My finals aren't over until the 9th, but that doesn't mean I can't play on those days. Anytime you guys are ready, I'm cool.

Ah, I'm so happy that we got that match victory out of the way so I can just relax and see the Avengers tomorrow without having to worry about figuring out a match time! ^_^

The men look fine, but SC female faces are weird.

Also, I beat something hard today!
Boss Rush on normal, go me!

I got a 5.5 ranged star Viridi Palm with +3 Shot Range and +3 In-Peril Attack Boost. It really mows bosses down if I let my health get low.

Korosenai

Does anyone have any recommendations for recording 3ds gameplay?

I want to record our tourney matches, but have no idea how I would go about doing it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for recording 3ds gameplay?

I want to record our tourney matches, but have no idea how I would go about doing it.

Put a phone camera on a tripod, or buy a device that projects the 3DS's top screen onto a television and a camera that records whatever's onscreen.

PK Gaming

So I just
Cleared all 3 treasure boards

Feels good man (x2). I'm pretty much done aside from playing online matches occasionally.

Man I don't think i've ever put that much time and effort into another game haha...

EDIT: Go IcarusGaf! I'm behind you in body & spirit. I just know you'll win.

So I just
Cleared all 3 treasure boards

Feels good man (x2). I'm pretty much done aside from playing online matches occasionally.

Man I don't think i've ever put that much time and effort into another game haha...

EDIT: Go IcarusGaf! I'm behind you in body & spirit. I just know you'll win.
Now it's time for you to put infinite money into goddess donations and see what it does! :p

Grats, by the way. I'm 2/3 done with the third and 95% done with the second.

Edit: holy crap. I have taken my overpowered club and made it even more powerful.

How is this physically possible.

PKGaming said:
Go IcarusGaf! I'm behind you in body & spirit. I just know you'll win.

*nods*

We've come this far. There's no way we're letting everyone down now. People of NeoGAF, send us your Spiral Energy, and we shall use it to smite our enemies in the name of all that is just.

So noone here is playing LvD anymore =/ I want a game with gaf

I'm free to play almost every evening. If'n you ever want to play a few games, feel free to message me or post in this forum. I'm always looking to fight new opponents and try out new weapons.

Anteo

My code is 3093-7127-8409
I actually have you in my FL alredy.

Edit: I want to play some LvD, I've been testing my +4speed club, it's an okay weapon, needs more homming

Korosenai

My code is 3093-7127-8409
I actually have you in my FL alredy.

Edit: I want to play some LvD, I've been testing my +4speed club, it's an okay weapon, needs more homming

Which club is it?

And i'll play with you tomorrow. Too busy writing an essay tonight.

Sagitario

I seriously enjoy/love this game characters and dialogs.

And I just watched 2 episodes of the anime [Palutena's something something dinner adventure].
I <3 Palutena.

The quest for finding a good/comfortable weapon continues!

Edit:

I just defeated
Viridi
's rock monster.
Palutena said something like "keep the aiming reticule on the boss and dash quickly to circle around the enemy". It was something like that, you get the idea.

The battle against that monster clicked when I realized this (I had died 2 times already).

I wonder how many instructions/tips/controls I have missed because the action is too frenetic and I can't pay that much attention to what Pauleta says :\
I don't remember reading that in the manual [I read it long time ago, though].

Any other important tips/controls that I might have missed? What I had missed until that chapter was the 'keep reticule on enemy to circle dash' bit.

vanty

Ah is that about when you do a sort of 180 around the opponent when dashing? I never realised why that happened and I've done like 100 stages ahah. I still don't know how the dodging works in flight mode. It seems to just randomly occur, usually at times when there are no enemies on the screen.

PKrockin

Ah is that about when you do a sort of 180 around the opponent when dashing? I never realised why that happened and I've done like 100 stages ahah. I still don't know how the dodging works in flight mode. It seems to just randomly occur, usually at times when there are no enemies on the screen.

Quickly tap one direction and then the opposite direction to do a barrel roll which deflects projectiles. You can't do it while shooting but you can start shooting again once you've started the roll. It's explained in the How to Play section.

I'm still getting the hang of it but it really helps me stay alive in the flight portions of 9.0 runs.

Sagitario

Yes, it is. I had no idea how it worked until chapter 11.

I am trying to find other control/gameplay mechanics I have been missing.

To dodge in the air: simply press the circle pad in one direction and then quickly press the opposite direction (works left to right and vice versa).

Chopper

What?

vanty

Some weird thing where instead of doing a normal dash that goes like 2m or whatever, he basically slides around an enemy, ending up on the opposite side from where he started. I was just playing before and looked at the the Dodging video in How To Play to see what it says, and the "dash while reticule on enemy" is not the big 180 slide I'm talking about. I can't find any mention of it in the game.

Anything can do the 180 slide. I do it with my club all the time.

Now, a real doozy of a question for me, regarding a late game boss:
One of the Viridi treasure hunt objectives is to destroy 3 "mirrors" in the fight with Amazon Pandora...WHAT MIRRORS? I sat around for 20 minutes dodging her lame attacks and never once saw a damn mirror. Once she summoned a heart that sat there that I could break, but that was seriously after 10 minutes of waiting and I have no idea what made her do it or how to make her do it again, if that is the "mirror".

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't do the vehicle challenges for crap, I always get blown up. -_-

vanty

One of the Viridi treasure hunt objectives is to destroy 3 "mirrors" in the fight with Amazon Pandora...WHAT MIRRORS? I sat around for 20 minutes dodging her lame attacks and never once saw a damn mirror. Once she summoned a heart that sat there that I could break, but that was seriously after 10 minutes of waiting and I have no idea what made her do it or how to make her do it again, if that is the "mirror".

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't do the vehicle challenges for crap, I always get blown up. -_-

She seemed to create one when I fought her just a little while ago when I ended up around melee range. They're the heart things, they're only destroyed by melee attacks I think since they deflect ranged shots. So I guess if you hang around melee distance for long enough you'll get 3 eventually. Maybe you were too far away from her most of the time or something.

PK Gaming

Holy shit dude. I don't even...

How many hours have you clocked?

Last I checked, 105! My game clear % is also at

Anything can do the 180 slide. I do it with my club all the time.

Oh, rarely Pandora will create this heart shaped glass mirror (that's blue) that can reflect your shots if you're in a mid range. It's annoying, but you've got no choice but to tough it out. It took me a while too, and I had to use all of my healing powers to stay alive.

The vehicle challenges were annoying as hell. Here's what you need to do for each one.

Exotank:
Go to chapter 10. In the 3rd area, after you clear the flight section, an exotank should appear. Use that to kill all of the enemies that are around(remember you need to kill them by charging through them). Kill those 3 skuttlers, those 3 car enemies, a wave angler (the big fish that spits out waves) and a syren. From there, go to the ground floor (DO NOT make the jump) and their should be 6 magma enemies. Kill those too, and make your way near the exit. There should be a few enemies left, including 3 miks near the end. If you pace yourself and move carefully, you can do it. I'll admit it took me a while to...

Aether Ring:
Go to chapter 9. In the hewdraw section there's an aether ring lying around... take to it to area where those snakes (the ones that appear from jars) randomly spawn and kill a bunch of them. It should be easy, but you can easily mess up. MAKE SURE YOU KILL THE REQUIRED ENEMIES. Going through the entire stage and NOT getting the achievement is a real kick to the teeth.

Roto13

I got like 15 streetpasses today. :p Including a pretty sweet Samurai Blade with like five stars in range and some random abilities I forget. Will probably forge that.

The vehicle challenges were annoying as hell. Here's what you need to do for each one.

Exotank:
Go to chapter 10. In the 3rd area, after you clear the flight section, an exotank should appear. Use that to kill all of the enemies that are around(remember you need to kill them by charging through them). Kill those 3 skuttlers, those 3 car enemies, a wave angler (the big fish that spits out waves) and a syren. From there, go to the ground floor (DO NOT make the jump) and their should be 6 magma enemies. Kill those too, and make your way near the exit. There should be a few enemies left, including 3 miks near the end. If you pace yourself and move carefully, you can do it. I'll admit it took me a while to...

Aether Ring:
Go to chapter 9. In the hewdraw section there's an aether ring lying around... take to it to area where those snakes (the ones that appear from jars) randomly spawn and kill a bunch of them. It should be easy, but you can easily mess up. MAKE SURE YOU KILL THE REQUIRED ENEMIES. Going through the entire stage and NOT getting the achievement is a real kick to the teeth.
Damn, sorry you typed all that out. My post wasn't very clear. Because I can't do the vehicle ones (I know where to do them, I just suck ass at it for some reason) I had to feather them all. I finished that treasure board today, yay! 2/3 of the way through
Hades'

Korosenai

lol at this guy in the NWR tournament

"Funny story
You know those team heroes? Well their leader amanzio kept bragging about how his team was gonna win and all. Kept saying things like "this is the end of your journey, prepare to loose you unlucky medusa underling." So I came up with this plan: I got some extra registered friends to join the tourney to replace his teammates lol! Funny he didn't leave the matches, he said he was waiting for his teammates to come. I got my extra pals to make it seem like their trying, and then loose on purpose on his team.

I'm sure this is aloud, the rules say that as long as the team leaders are battling, none of it matters. Well, i'm gonna keep this up throughout the rest of the tourney. If this works throughout the finals, this will be the BEST method to win EVERY tournament!

Don't classify me as cheating, classify me as a GENIUS. (If you want to jump in the tourney with me and help screw the other team up, e-mail me at adarkdreamer@gmail.com). I will be sure to let you get free 2 eshop games also.

Peace."

"Funny story
You know those team heroes? Well their leader amanzio kept bragging about how his team was gonna win and all. Kept saying things like "this is the end of your journey, prepare to loose you unlucky medusa underling." So I came up with this plan: I got some extra registered friends to join the tourney to replace his teammates lol! Funny he didn't leave the matches, he said he was waiting for his teammates to come. I got my extra pals to make it seem like their trying, and then loose on purpose on his team.

I'm sure this is aloud, the rules say that as long as the team leaders are battling, none of it matters. Well, i'm gonna keep this up throughout the rest of the tourney. If this works throughout the finals, this will be the BEST method to win EVERY tournament!

Don't classify me as cheating, classify me as a GENIUS. (If you want to jump in the tourney with me and help screw the other team up, e-mail me at adarkdreamer@gmail.com). I will be sure to let you get free 2 eshop games also.

Peace."

What a jerk. Team memo: do not begin playing unil we are all on steam chat.

Revealing your master plan before actually finishing the tournament doesn't exactly scream genius to me when keeping it under wraps is an option, well unless it's the sort of genius demonstrated by overconfident supervillains gloating about their master plans before the inevitable backfire.

Korosenai

Revealing your master plan before actually finishing the tournament doesn't exactly scream genius to me when keeping it under wraps is an option, well unless it's the sort of genius demonstrated by overconfident supervillains gloating about their master plans before the inevitable backfire.

Even if they didn't gloat, it still would have been easily stopped the other team.

If it happened to me, I would have taken picture proof that my teammates weren't in the game, and they have to give picture proof as well. So if the games add up, and they see my teammates weren't in the game, they'd get either disqualified or another chance to let my teammates join.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

"Funny story"
Sounds like a bad guy straight out of an 80s Saturday morning cartoon. He even went out of his way to post it in the comments? Watch him get disqualified.

edit: NWR rep responds:
That is cheating. The reason why I needed all three team members was so I could verify who was playing. You can either rematch with Heroes, or be disqualified.

Let this be a reminder to everyone involved. It might not have been clearly stated in the tournament rules, but this kind of action that involves loading the other person's team with your friends is not welcome.

Additionally, from the rules:

Quote:
Since we're playing Light vs. Dark, there will be teams of three players competing. If you can, sign up with two other players.

It states plainly there that are teams of three players competing. I'll tighten up my wording for any future tournaments. Thanks for pointing this out. Would have been better if you did it before the tournament. :)

EDIT: Also, you never submitted a photo, so you'd be disqualified anyway.

I'm giving you a chance to work out another time with the Heroes team. If you don't, then you're out.

Hope he sorts it out and we get a chance at this guy. I'm feelin' pretty vindictive right about now

Top Bottom