• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7 Wii-port on the way?

Chao said:
http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=killer7

If you look the gamesheet on capcom europe, you'll see a Wii icon there. Is capcom porting this or is it a mistake on the website?
I think the Wiimote would fit perfectly in this game.
i searched by platform (wii) and genre (action) and killer7 came up.

if the RE4 port does well, i really hope they do this. it'd be perfect. heck, you wouldn't need the chuck for killer 7 even.

if they added widescreen and prog scan, i'd be the happiest clam alive.

Viewt

It's possible Wii is on there because the GameCube game is compatible with the system.

I'd be intrigued by a port as well, though.

I`m not entirely sure how its a port since there is nothing to port. The game code would run straight away without modification.

Still, Nintendo fans love these re-releases so why not

arab

Viewt said:
It's possible Wii is on there because the GameCube game is compatible with the system.

I'd be intrigued by a port as well, though.

shouldn't it be listed for ps3 then

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The controls totally soured my take of the game, but the wiimote seems pretty good for Killer 7.

Bebpo said:
So did none of you people own GCs or what?
have you seen the LTD of the system?

seriously though, I had to get rid of mine far too early in its life so I missed out on a few games such as this and Viewtiful Joe so I don't mind.

Wiitard

Banned
The Innocent X said:
I`m not entirely sure how its a port since there is nothing to port. The game code would run straight away without modification.

Still, Nintendo fans love these re-releases so why not

Are you really that stupid?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Wario64 said:
This is getting pathetic.

I agree, unless its a "we're going to ruin our name before Okami comes to save the day" Go ahead Capcom. Ruin away.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You guys can still find this game around for GC for stupid cheap you know...

Oh wait, Wiimote. nvm.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True. Please be True.

My favourite game of all time and have been wishing for this ever since the Wii-mote was announced. (The game was made for the wii-mote!) One more time for luck! Please be True.

Normally I do not like ports but this I have been wishing for ;)

Wiitard

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I personally hated Killer 7. But apparently the Wii remote makes sense, and Suda loves the Wii. *shrugs*

Is the big gun in RE4 Wii still called Killer7? If yes, there might be a chance.

The Innocent X said:
Stupid how exactly? there isn`t anything to port

And the controls will code themselves...

USD

While it pretty much is a lightgun shooter when it comes to combat, adding Wii controls isn't going to make the game any better.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How come Killer 7 is the only game listed for Wii? RE4 should at least be there. I'm guessing this is a fluke.

Eteric Rice

cvxfreak said:
If this is true, Wii is giving a second life to GameCube games in a way I hadn't previously thought of. :lol

Indeed.

I might buy a Wii version of killer 7. Especially since it would be a lot better with the Wii-mote.

Wiitard said:
And the controls will code themselves...

That isn`t porting, that is adding features. Different things. Porting is the act of getting code from one architecture to run on another. Ergo, this is not a port.

Chao

cvxfreak said:
If this is true, Wii is giving a second life to GameCube games in a way I hadn't previously thought of. :lol

Well I remember Iwata or Miyamoto saying that GameCube would keep alive for ten more years or something like that.
I guess they were not lying.

YESSSSSS I BELIEVE

04e2b1347858564536431e8dd428d305.gif

tubeman.gif
tubeman.gif
tubeman.gif

Killer 7 Wii Edition with no substantial changes? No sale.

As nice as it would be to see such a good game getting the attention it deserves with a re-release on another high-profile platform, there would need to be some major additions/improvements made to the GC edition to persuade me to buy again - prog scan/widescreen and Wiimote support don't cut it.

Now, if Capcom were to look at resurrecting what remains of the missing member of the Capcom Five - Dead Phoenix - and releasing it on the Wii, I'd be a lot more interested...

cvxfreak

Resident Evil Wii Edition
Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition
Megaman Network Transmission Wii Edition
Megaman X Command Mission Wii Edition
Megaman Anniversary Collection Wii Edition
Megaman X Collection Wii Edition
P.N. 03 Wii Edition
Killer7 Wii Edition
Viewtiful Joe Revival Wii Edition
Viewtiful Joe 2 Wii Edition
Viewtiful Joe Battle Carnival Wii Edition
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Okami Wii Edition
Devil May Cry Wii Edition
Devil May Cry 2 Wii Edition
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition Wii Edition
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X Wii Edition
Resident Evil Dead Aim Wii Edition
Genma Onimusha Wii Edition
Onimusha 2 Samurai's Destiny Wii Edition
Onimusha 3 Demon Siege Wii Edition
Shin Onimusha Dawn of Dreams Wii Edition
Steel Battalion Wii Edition
Steel Battalion Line of Contact Wii Edition
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Wii Edition

Eteric Rice

beelzebozo said:
i would buy this.

...but it's still a disturbing, disturbing trend

Whelp, maybe some people who missed it will pick it up?

And I'd be against this too, but it's an on rails shooter. And I'm betting the Wii-mote would work really well with it. :D

Top Bottom