• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7 Wii-port on the way?

As much as I love Killer 7, I don't think this is a good idea. It's a game that would greatly benefit from the controls for sure, but it didn't really have enough sales to warrant a remake, especially since much of its target audience would be averse to the thought of repurchasing the game.

That's quite a list CVX. I'd buy:

P.N. 03 Wii Edition
Killer7 Wii Edition
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Okami Wii Edition

and:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Wii Edition

if Capcom released a Bluetooth Arcade Stick (that would incidentally work on all 3 consoles) or at least an Arcade Stick where you could slot in the remote for connectivity.

Of course what I really want is SFA3. Just for Rainbow Mika really.

Each and every company that made a Gamecube game might as well re-release all thir games on Wii because they are going to sell better

I see a lot of previous excluisve PS2 games going to the Wii now

derder

I'm not going to say that this is going to be a bad game...

But, I am not going to support it in any way. This is a waste of resources.

I could understand Okami or something along those lines. But, you can already play this game on your Wii without any effort or modification.

Well, the game does seem to fit the wiimote perfectly. I have to say though, Killer 7 isn't really worth a replay IMO.

Of course, I'm not buying RE4 Wii either.

chariwazaru.jpg

Master.
We're in a tight spot!
Those fools, fools that point.
They point and destroy those in their sight.
How cruel!
You won't join them, will you?
Join the pointing port monsters?
In the name of Harmon...

Hmm... maybe it'll be fun this time. Also, voice-overs, please. I hate the rareware jumble voices.

I really like the characters and story, but I'd like some gameplay.

bune duggy said:
have you seen the LTD of the system?

seriously though, I had to get rid of mine far too early in its life so I missed out on a few games such as this and Viewtiful Joe so I don't mind.
This and VJ? And 30 others. My current GCN library stands at 105 titles. And I'm being modest by saying 30.

AntMurda

I've had my hopes up for this eventuality. The game is absolutely made for the wiimote. I think Wiimote plus 480p and 16:9 would be a sweet deal at 19.99 for collectors and people who missed out this cult-classic the first time.

While i think adding any significant content would be tough since they probably want to keep the cost down on this port considering the original didn't sell much. But maybe Capcom and Grasshopper Manufacture can add some special content like deleted scenes, video theaters, etc.

I think budget wii-makes were a great thing to promote by Miyamoto to Nintendo and Licensees. Just give us great games with some 16:9/480p and some small extras.

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Wiimake
Killer 7 Wiimake
Okami Wiimake

Just a few I think would be great ideas.

shuri

Banned
Why are you people getting excited about this? This is going to end up like the re4 port :|

PEONS ASKS FOR NEW SOFTWARE

No6

Most of you wishing for a port either haven't played K7 or weren't paying much attention (or have really low standards), because wiimote aiming would at most bring the gameplay up to a 5/10 (from a 3/10). You're supposed to be playing for the experience and the crazy, not the repetitive, constrained shooting.

evilromero said:
This and VJ? And 30 others. My current GCN library stands at 105 titles. And I'm being modest by saying 30.
well there's also all the games I had accumulated up to the moment I had to sell the system. I'm starting to get some of them back but it's difficult not finding copies sans the yellow branding.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if they're porting, that means they think there may be profit. which means there may be a continuation of this series.

omg

/rampant speculation

Furoba

beelzebozo said:
if they're porting, that means they think there may be profit. which means there may be a continuation of this series.

omg

/rampant speculation

Now for a PC-port... (let's not go there)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I want Killer7, PN03, Okami and God Hand as Wiimakes. Just think on how to play them on the Wii... far cool and fun.

As a plus, I want Dead Phoenix.

sphinx

the piano man
The Wii edition is for real, I'd say:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=killer7

check the data sheet on the game, it says PS2, Nintendo Gamecube AND Wii.

if any gamecube game can be played on Wii then why not put the wii logo here:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=pn03

or here

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=viewtifuljoe2

I wonder if they just messed up.

if the game does get a wii edition, they HAVE, they MUST get rid of the awful loading times going into every ****ing room in the game.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
sphinx said:
if the game does get a wii edition, they HAVE, they MUST get rid of the awful loading times going into every ****ing room in the game.

No way! That's the equivalent of RE's swinging doors! If anything, they could make it look more like TV static. Heh.

sphinx

the piano man
Jiguryo said:
No way! That's the equivalent of RE's swinging doors! If anything, they could make it look more like TV static. Heh.

if Suda 51 or anyone from his team is reading this:

loading times in Killer 7 SUCK, they are TERRIBLE.

Do not dare do a wii port with that Tv static shit between rooms and please add subtitles, the story is the craziest in VG history and I'd look to know what's going on.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Bubububut the TV static is integral to the plot mimimimi

seriously, I really dig it, though it'd be good to see the load times shorter.

God's Beard said:
Hmm... maybe it'll be fun this time. Also, voice-overs, please. I hate the rareware jumble voices.

I really like the characters and story, but I'd like some gameplay.

Did you... did you even listen to the voices?

this one makes a lot of sense.

pointer controls on this would make this game even easier to control.

devs should start making point & click adventures that are designed like killer 7. or hell, just make point & click adventures on Wii.

SantaC

sphinx said:
if Suda 51 or anyone from his team is reading this:

loading times in Killer 7 SUCK, they are TERRIBLE.

Do not dare do a wii port with that Tv static shit between rooms and please add subtitles, the story is the craziest in VG history and I'd look to know what's going on.

loading was worse on PS2

Vic said:
I wholeheartedly support those GC ports. Gimme more Capcom

I feel almost offended by them. I've supported the Gamecube from launch (still do) and it seems a bit silly to bring these over with such miniscule additions. You can get the original Killer 7 for less than $10.

I obviously don't have to buy them, but I certainly would like to see dev time spent elsewhere.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Listen to me capcom. If you port Okami to the wii I will buy 4 copies. It'll already outsell the PS2 version from me alone.

Top Bottom