• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7 Wii-port on the way?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hell yes!

I hope no third party developers create any new IP -ever- on the Wii and we get half assed ports of the entire PS2/XBOX/GC back catalog! This is AWESOME YAY

Polari

FlyinJ said:
Hell yes!

I hope no third party developers create any new IP -ever- on the Wii and we get half assed ports of the entire PS2/XBOX/GC back catalog! This is AWESOME YAY

Don't ****ing buy it then.

Narag

FlyinJ said:
Hell yes!

PSP too!

Furoba

sphinx said:
The Wii edition is for real, I'd say:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=killer7

check the data sheet on the game, it says PS2, Nintendo Gamecube AND Wii.

if any gamecube game can be played on Wii then why not put the wii logo here:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=pn03

or here

http://www.capcom-europe.com/gamesheet.aspx?game=viewtifuljoe2

I wonder if they just messed up.

if the game does get a wii edition, they HAVE, they MUST get rid of the awful loading times going into every ****ing room in the game.

It's the only Wii game they have listed, mess up IMO.

This reminds me of all the PS1/N64 up-ports we saw on Dreamcast :lol

If you guys don't like it, don't buy it. Killer 7 was one of the best games of last generation and deserves!!! to see a wider audience.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
citrus lump said:
That's what's going to happen with Killer 7 wii anyways. I don't see this selling very well, it certainly didn't light up the charts the first time.

Exactly. Take whatever throwaway money you'd waste on this and invest it in something NEW Capcom.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
FlyinJ said:
Hell yes!

Silence you!

Vic

Dot50Cal said:
Did half this thread forget that the Wii can play Gamecube games?
and those games are not compatible with the Wiimote. K7+Wii = Win

Polari

citrus lump said:
That's what's going to happen with Killer 7 wii anyways. I don't see this selling very well, it certainly didn't light up the charts the first time.

Third time's the charm.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont really see how the Wii would make the game much better anyway. Personally, I thought the game was fine already on PS2/GC, but it seemed like most people complained about the linear movement into the game, calling it "on rails." The aiming wasn't the biggest complaint.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
One thread: FFS, stop with the ports!!!

Another thread: YAY! I agree with this port!!!

You people don't know WTF you want. Unless you have some hope against hope that it "sells" this time around, which is probably the case. It won't.

SantaC

Wario64 said:
I dont really see how the Wii would make the game much better anyway. Personally, I thought the game was fine already on PS2/GC, but it seemed like most people complained about the linear movement into the game, calling it "on rails." The aiming wasn't the biggest complaint.

PS2 version is a lot worse than GC one

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
One of my fav games of last gen.
If they added Wii controlls, and added any type of new content - with a budget price, total purchase. Hope it comes out in '08 during a summer drought or somethinig though, otherwise I'll never have the time.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
citrus lump said:
If they port this, I hope they also add a story that makes sense ;p

Oh shut up. If you don't like a game for what its known for then don't complain. You simply don't like the game. If I didn't want to kill colossi I wouldn't buy SotC and I certainly wouldn't complain about a game that makes me kill colossi.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
cvxfreak said:
P.N. 03 Wii Edition
Viewtiful Joe Revival Wii Edition
If those two happened, especially P.N. 03, imagine all the insane fanboy theories that will start again. Dead Phoenix Wii! :lol

Laramie said:
Oh shut up. If you don't like a game for what its known for then don't complain. You simply don't like the game. If I didn't want to kill colossi I wouldn't buy SotC and I certainly wouldn't complain about a game that makes me kill colossi.

I played through the whole game. I'd give it a 6/10.

Still didn't make a lick of sense.

Honestly, I'd rather they go all-out and remake Killer7, only with all the awesome stuff mentioned in the "Hand in Killer7" book.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SantaC said:
PS2 version is a lot worse than GC one

I played the PS2 version first and I thought it was fine, it all depends on controller preference. Talking about controls, of course...the loading did suck ass though.

And I thought of one part where the Wii controls would actually be cool...when you fight
Curtis Blackburn as Dan Smith. Imagine having to set the Wiimote down, then pick it up and aim as the pigeon flies.

And you could waggle every time you die in the game, haha. I hated reviving characters.

Wario64 said:
And I thought of one part where the Wii controls would actually be cool...when you fight
Curtis Blackburn as Dan Smith. Imagine having to set the Wiimote down, then pick it up and aim as the pigeon flies.

YES YES ALL OVER MY TITS

John Harker said:
One of my fav games of last gen.
If they added Wii controlls, and added any type of new content - with a budget price, total purchase. Hope it comes out in '08 during a summer drought or somethinig though, otherwise I'll never have the time.

Imagine if they added some real backstory for
Kevin, Kaede, Coyote and Con.

Man, I do love the game but it was a bit lopsided.

Vic

ElectricBlue187 said:
agreed. there's no conscionable reason for this.
other than to cash in on the desert of good wii software releases
makes sense isn't it?

Polari

citrus lump said:
I played through the whole game. I'd give it a 6/10.

Still didn't make a lick of sense.

It was like a video game written in the vein of Pynchon and DeLillo with themes of global political and economic integration, corruption and terrorism.

So yeah,

I have no idea what it was about.

It created a great aesthetic though and makes David Jaffe's ridiculous Heartland concept look juvenile in comparison. :)

I hope that they add new story elements and levels, but honestly, I'll buy it even if it's just a straight port with waggle. I love Suda51 too much not to.

If it gets more people to play it then I'm all over this. There wasn't nearly enough people who bought this game (though more than I expected).

this is getting sad. Maybe if the Wii wasn't fully BC i could understand it somewhat. But not the way things are, they should just create some more copies of the game and rerelase it instead of doing more of this retread of GC games bit.

Scenester

Ive been thinking about this game a lot lately and I would like to play it again. PAL versions of the GC game are impossible to find. Ive got the soundtrack on my ipod and it gets more playtime than everything else on there

thefro

There's no lack of story they could put back in... they wrote "Hand In Killer7: Kill The Past, Jump Over The Age" with all the stuff Suda had to cut out of the game.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4575164445/

And this makes sense to be the 3rd Wii game Grasshopper is working on (No More Heroes, Project S, and Killer 7 wiimake). 3 completely original projects was way too much for them to handle at once.

Wiimote control would work absolutely perfectly with this game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
thefro said:
There's no lack of story they could put back in... they wrote "Hand In Killer7: Kill The Past, Jump Over The Age" with all the stuff Suda had to cut out of the game.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4575164445/

And this makes sense to be the 3rd Wii game Grasshopper is working on (No More Heroes, Project S, and Killer 7 wiimake). 3 completely original projects was way too much for them to handle at once.

Wiimote control would work absolutely perfectly with this game.

what the hell did you just post, and how do i get it in English

Wiitard

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
I hope that they add new story elements and levels, but honestly, I'll buy it even if it's just a straight port with waggle. I love Suda51 too much not to.

Hold on. Maybe they will port it. But that's it. The biggest enhancement I can imagine would be some kind of shooting gallery.

ElectricBlue187 said:
agreed. there's no conscionable reason for this.
other than to cash in on the desert of good wii software releases

I don't know about that. I mean if we were talking about ports to the PS3 or the 360, that would be different IMO. But considering the Wii is not as far away from the GC as those platforms(trying to word that as nicely as possible people, don't dwell on it) it really won't look all that out of place compared to a lot of the existing games, and makes a lot of sense to give some GC titles a 2nd chance on the Wii.

Just by the numbers, most people did not buy a GC, and among GC owners, obviously most did not buy Killer 7.

I think ports (and to a certain extent sequels) are downed upon a little too heavily sometimes. People often act as if somone didn't buy a game at one time, they will never consider buying it ever, which is not the case at all.There are a lot barriers that can come up to keep people from buying a game at a certain moment in time.

therapist

mmm sounds good to me.
Strange game, not sure how theyd use the wii mote for this one other than aiming , but interesting none the less.

Saitou

Banned
So porting a game that sold horribly is bad now?

Come on guys, this is Killer7. If a port means more sales, I'm all for it. hell, I'd buy it again. And again.

And again.

Top Bottom