• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7 Wii-port on the way?

Proven

Oh man, I loved Killer 7. I may actual re-buy this if it came out on Wii. Might have a better chance on Killer8 mode.

What I always found coolest about this game was how I shared a name with one of the assassins. Luckily for me, he wasn't the most psychotic one.

FitzOfRage said:
I don't know about that. I mean if we were talking about ports to the PS3 or the 360, that would be different IMO. But considering the Wii is not as far away from the GC as those platforms(trying to word that as nicely as possible people, don't dwell on it) it really won't look all that out of place compared to a lot of the existing games, and makes a lot of sense to give some GC titles a 2nd chance on the Wii.

Just by the numbers, most people did not buy a GC, and among GC owners, obviously most did not buy Killer 7.

I think ports (and to a certain extent sequels) are downed upon a little too heavily sometimes. People often act as if somone didn't buy a game at one time, they will never consider buying it ever, which is not the case at all.There are a lot barriers that can come up to keep people from buying a game at a certain moment in time.

obviously people who own a Wii and want to play Killer 7 can just buy the gamecube version, as I did.... so the "reaching a bigger audience" logic doesn't quite gel for me, I don't see why, if they didn't buy it for GC the market will suddenly want it on the Wii

waggle ftw? that's the only answer that makes any sense to me

ElectricBlue187 said:
obviously people who own a Wii and want to play Killer 7 can just buy the gamecube version, as I did.... so the "reaching a bigger audience" logic doesn't quite gel for me, I don't see why, if they didn't buy it for GC the market will suddenly want it on the Wii

waggle ftw? that's the only answer that makes any sense to me

Well I think there are 2 problems with that.

#1 you're assuming an indefinite retail presence for any given game. Just by virtue of packaging it as a Wii game, Capcom will have a much easier time getting the games back onto store shelves, vs. trying to get stores to re-order a GC game. And for a lower profile game like Killer 7, the ability of people to easily stumble upon it plays a bigger role than a highly anticipated game, which people would actively seek out if they couldn't find it.

Secondly, you're also kind of assuming there is exactly 1 reason not to buy a game, and once that deicision is made, it's final for eternity. And I don't think that's the case.

The most obvious ones would be people that simply didn't own the system it was orignally released for, and weren't going to go out of their way to buy one for that game.

Some people might have been slightly interested when it was released, but opted for another title at the time because of limited funds, and just never got around to checking the game out again.

And of course it's easy for a game like Killer 7 to simply get overlooked. Out of the hundreds of titles that get released each year, it's pretty easy for games to fall through the cracks with the public.
There are just so many scenarios that could play out, that as far as making sense, it doesn't make sense to me that everyone went through a process of actively evaluating the game, and made an affirmitive decision not to buy it based solely on the quality of the game.

Sure, anyone that actively went through a process of evaluating Killer 7, and decided not to buy it based solely on the quality of the game isn't likely to buy it now, but honestly I would imagine there are a lot more people that never had an opinion one way or the other because they never even knew the game existed.

Naturally the exact same thing could happen again, or the timing might be better in terms of getting more people to notice the game. There's no way to tell at this point. But certainly releasing 4 or 5 years into a console's life cycle vs. less than a year in makes a big difference in getting people to take notice.

Christopher

Capcom's testing the waters with all these re-releases with "wiimakes" you know their dieing to do a Wii port of Street Fighter II...

I AM JOHN! said:
chariwazaru.jpg

Master.
We're in a tight spot!
Those fools, fools that point.
They point and destroy those in their sight.
How cruel!
You won't join them, will you?
Join the pointing port monsters?
In the name of Harmon...
Awesome post.

Saitou said:
Seeing as how there's auto-aim, that would only be possible if you lost an arm.
Seriously. K7 went out of its way to minimize the amount of gameplay actually needed so that you could focus on the story/atmosphere. Making the controls better won't suddenly make the gameplay good, it'll just turn easy repetitive, meaningless combat into twitch-based repetitive, meaningless combat.

Kintaro said:
One thread: FFS, stop with the ports!!!

Another thread: YAY! I agree with this port!!!

You people don't know WTF you want. Unless you have some hope against hope that it "sells" this time around, which is probably the case. It won't.
did no one learn from when Ross Perot got in trouble for the "you people" thing? You just don't make generalizations like that.

Saitou

Banned
Of All Trades said:
Seriously. K7 went out of its way to minimize the amount of gameplay actually needed so that you could focus on the story/atmosphere. Making the controls better won't suddenly make the gameplay good, it'll just turn easy repetitive, meaningless combat into twitch-based repetitive, meaningless combat.
Not to mention, when you get Auto-Aim for /weakspots/, you can pretty much breeze through with Con.

Indeed, the only way I found to play through Killer8.

Saitou said:
Seeing as how there's auto-aim, that would only be possible if you lost an arm.

That fight where you have to hit that light-speed chick would be possible without using grenade splash damage

Saitou

Banned
RiskyChris said:
That fight where you have to hit that light-speed chick would be possible without using grenade splash damage
Autoaim doesn't help you with that, silly! Autoaim aims dead-on at targets, you have to take lead into account for that.

Also, I totally hit her with Coyote a few times before doing just that.

I never liked Killer 7, I found the story confusing the gameplay very weird.

But all the power to wii and to Capcom. Deliver it to the fans with some good old fashioned, one handed, pointing controls. I think it'll give new meaning to the game as a light-gun adventure rather than an awkward FPS.

jrricky

Banned
Why are you guys complaing. I could of sworn this was one of Nintendo's goals...to do Wiimakes. Miyamoto discuss this sometime ago, didnt he?

Anyways, I would love to see this port.

Great if true. A very underappreciated game, it deserves a rerelease. Plus the Wiimote would make sense for this game.

But what about the bitching here? Everyone is up in arms about the bazzilionth Final Fantasy Part whatever remake but whine about Killer 7? :lol

I say if the Wiimake makes sense then do it. Killer 7 makes total sense on Wii so I'd be happy with a port + wiimote + 16:9 + 29.99 (or cheaper).

Original games are coming also so I'm not worried about this trend.

Playable on Wii thanks to backwards compatibility with GameCube games.

I don't think they'd put the money into this. Where is there any evidence that it would sell better than last time?

Arguably it would sell worse, because the few interested have already beat the game.

Kevtones

Wario64 said:
But Killer 7 is playable on PS3.

You've put me in a tight spot, but load times and framerate loosen the squeeze. Its also undeniable that well-implemented waggle would be perfect for Killer 7.

jrricky

Banned
Reilly said:
REMake is the proper way of doing a remake.

Just adding waggle is not.

That's what Miyamoto was referring to though...adding waggle just to have a different experience playing the game. And their deemed as Wiimakes - meaning just adding waggle.

citrus lump said:
There's a big difference between a remake and port.
While that is true only two GC ports have been announced by Capcom and everyone and their mother is crying their heart out, while everyone praises SE for rereleasing the same games (even if they now feature redrawn sprites or 3D) over and over and over and over and over again. Hell people even demand more of them.

Top Bottom