• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct is F2P, only one fighter is free

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think it's thread worthy.

Will it come to PC btw?

Destructoid confirmed in this Killer Instinct preview, that while the fighter is free to all, you have to pay individually for new and returning characters. That’s a payment per character, but the specific cost has not been confirmed, so don’t start worrying just yet, as they could be dirt cheap.

Source

Matrix+-+Not+Like+This.gif

Alpha_eX

If you can preview a fighter before buying, this could work for a single player experience. With Street Fighter, I only use a handful of the 30 or so characters.

For multiplayer locally, this would be rubbish, fancy inviting a mate over, "you can be Ryu or Ken."

NewGame

Banned
Why did I get excited about Rare as we know it bringing back a classic IP?

It's dead, it's dead in my heart; I will cut it out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did everybody at Microsoft eat a bowl of stupid last month? I don't think I've heard one positive thing since the X1 reveal.

Can you at least play against the other characters as CPU's (like the original Street Fighter), or is it literally just mirror matches until you buy someone else?

Wait everyone was loving F2P for DOA5 and tekken. What's the problem here if it'll be set the same way?

1.) Many of us are against F2P DOA5 and Tekken.
2.) Start off with "ONE" fighter.

Xbox "One"
One Fighting Character free... LOL

I don't know about you but playing against Jago over and over again isn't my idea of fun...varied...or exciting.

Mikey Jr.

F2P.

Thats weird.

Hmmm, I get the impression MS doesnt have a lot of faith in Killer Instinct. This F2P model kinda gives them an easy way to bail on this if things dont go great.

Hanmik

how can they call a game Free2play, when you have to pay to get it..? I mean you have to have Gold on Xbone and now Plus on PS4 to be able to get these Free2Play games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom