• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

brettreyu

Does anyone else have absolutely no idea what to expect from the story mode? It feels like it could end up being some slap dash B movie outfit. That would be funny though.

I'd probably say Sabrewulf. His best opener is back-forward-punch.

I am not a Fighting fan but I like the game but the problem is I cant do anything lol
the combos are really hard to do !!! I played MK9 2-3 years ago but the combos and movements were easier ! a lot easier than this

Sydle

I am not a Fighting fan but I like the game but the problem is I cant do anything lol
the combos are really hard to do !!! I played MK9 2-3 years ago but the combos and movements were easier ! a lot easier than this

Wut?

Spend a bit of time in the dojo to learn the basics of the combo system and then pick one character and learn their move set. I suggest starting with Jago since you're already using him in the dojo, but Sabrewulf is very accessible as well. You should be pulling off 20+ hit combos in less than 2 hours.

hwalker84

I missed that, bummer! I was hoping for at least something instead of fight, fight, boss, and a few prerendered shots with a voiceover.

With a team their size and the amount of time they had on this game ladder, fight, ladder, boss, ending all we're going to get. I'd be surprised if we got something different then Fulgore being the boss and an ending.

.la1n

Last week they said they had a big stream / surprise for us this week so I expect something today, then again who knows.

e77e8095-64d1-4e3a-808a-d2794f52505f.png

welp

.la1n

I guess that's the big surprise they have for us, big bunch of nothing. I am starting to become more convinced we have another Spinal situation where IGN has the "exclusive" on the character and will be screwing any chances we have of seeing Fulgore ahead of time on the stream. I hope I am not right because that was the best part about MS's streams, getting to see new content coming for the game.

I guess that's the big surprise they have for us, big bunch of nothing. I am starting to become more convinced we have another Spinal situation where IGN has the "exclusive" on the character and will be screwing any chances we have of seeing Fulgore ahead of time on the stream. I hope I am not right because that was the best part about MS's streams, getting to see new content coming for the game.

They definitely do. As soon as Microsoft realized there was some interest in the game they sold the "exclusive reveals" to IGN. Orchid, Spinal, and next is Fulgore. Easy money for them

.la1n

They definitely do. As soon as Microsoft realized there was some interest in the game they sold the "exclusive reveals" to IGN. Orchid, Spinal, and next is Fulgore. Easy money for them

It used to bother me but it's just par for the course now. The streams no longer provide any insight into what the current build of the game is like. Never any details on when they plan to release patches. The patches we do get break the game on a consistent basis. Characters already revealed and paid for by us are now being "re revealed" behind one of the most irrelevant and useless "game journalism" sites on the internet.

That's the game we play ;)

bumpkin

So last night I played my first ranked matches ever since getting the game… Yeah, I know, very LTTP. I had time to get in about four matches, played as Jago in all four (he's muh boy!), won 2 and lost 2. My wins were a pretty lop-sided match against another Jago -- got a supreme victory and incidentally the achievement -- and a close one against a Spinal.

Of the two I lost, one was an extremely frustrating match against a Sabrewulf player who did nothing but turtle and try to dash at me and barrage me with button-mashing normals. The only times I could get in hits and/or start combos was when I'd luck out and get a cross-up jump kick, and the fucker was apparently a very good guesser about my linkers 'cuz he broke 'em about 50% of the time; I wasn't always doing the same strength.

The other match I lost was against an Orchid player who did nothing but jump like a jackrabbit trying to land cross-ups on me to open their combos. I kept mis-guessing on the strength of their flick-flack (their goto opener) and eating almost every combo entirely.

So yeah, not a terrible first online experience. Definitely want to get in some more this weekend!

.la1n

I do not believe you are allowed to post those but check with a mod. I hope the Sadira alt looks good after the abomination that is Sabrewulf's classic.

Korosenai

I just got the game yesterday, and for some reason I can not join my friend and he can't join me. My nat is open and I can play against other people. Anyone know a fix to this?

Sadira's alternate costume looks neat! I'm getting vibes of Ivy's third alternate costume from Soul Calibur 2. Now we just need to see "rockabilly" Thunder.

On a related note, I would laugh if a costume was released for Sadira that would be touted as her "classic costume", and it's just her already existing outfit with a veil.

hwalker84

"stay tuned"

Fulgore is still on track for March, we haven't heard about lobbies or story mode in a while though
With the issues each patch has had I get the feeling Double Helix is behind schedule. Call me a pessimist but I get the feeling we aren't seeing Fulgore, story, and lobbies this month.

hwalker84

Eh we knew there was biker attire but that could just be the accessories for the classic, will wait and see if the base design is more in line with his KI 1 look. If not then another disappointment on their list of classic costumes but it's not like I expect much.
Honestly besides Orchid and Jago the rest of the classics are mediocre to horrible (Saberwulf).

.la1n

Honestly besides Orchid and Jago the rest of the classics are mediocre to horrible (Saberwulf).

Making Glacius' classic perfect requires the tiniest of adjustments to the model but I think the team is too prideful to admit any fault with it. Surely they can see that Sabrewulf is terrible though, not sure it would be quite so easy to fix because obviously the alternate accessories and skins are designed for that current model. No excuse on Glacius though, none.

I suppose they did accomplish one thing, they are terrible enough that it makes all the new designs look god like in comparison ;)

Top Bottom